Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitgrower

whats up farmers I have a new room I'm setting up its 10.5 ft wide 32 ft long 6ft7 ceiling. I want to fully seal the room for smell so insulation and drywall on the walls and ceiling are a must for me. I'm planning om running 14k cool tube reflectors. What size ac do you guys recommend. I wanted to use a mini split. I also plan on exhausting the lights put the chimney. let me know what you guys would recommend I do. I want the building out to be smell proof. I will be flowering 72 plants off a 5 week veg.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
whats up farmers I have a new room I'm setting up its 10.5 ft wide 32 ft long 6ft7 ceiling. I want to fully seal the room for smell so insulation and drywall on the walls and ceiling are a must for me. I'm planning om running 14k cool tube reflectors. What size ac do you guys recommend. I wanted to use a mini split. I also plan on exhausting the lights put the chimney. let me know what you guys would recommend I do. I want the building out to be smell proof. I will be flowering 72 plants off a 5 week veg.
6,7 is as tall as you can go?

M

Mitgrower

my reflectors have a 9 inch profile so I will be losing about 10 inches of height

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I like it, insulate R-30, use 1/2 sheet rock. Kaulk all sheet seams with vulkem. If your planning fully air tight scrub the room with the charcoal filter. I used to run the tube reflectors there great it saves a lot on electri Bill so you can go cheaper on A/C. But remember once you start you won't stop so don't go cheap on anything especially A/C. You might consider running C02 you'll be surprised at the results you'll find.

M

Mitgrower

What size ac unit would you recommend I was thinking a 36k btu mini split or 3 14k stand up units venting the hot air out the chimney

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Those standup portable units are trash, don't waste your money. @CannabisJohn suggests 6k btu per 1000w but you'll be able to get away with less with those cool tubes.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Those standup portable units are trash, don't waste your money. @CannabisJohn suggests 6k btu per 1000w but you'll be able to get away with less with those cool tubes.

Really, I rock an lg 14k btu single hose portable and it f n ROCKS!!!!!. I'm in a 1800w 8x12x7 room.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Good point, Demontrich, The LG ones aren't terrible, I have one in my veg room and it gets the job done for 2kw plus a t5 on all but the hottest days.

The active air ones on the other hand took a shit on me a month after the warranty was up and never really worked that well to begin with.

Thing with the hosed/portable a/cs is they're super inefficient.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Yea, I bought two of them 3 years back, they've been in my garage gathering dust for the last two. $800 down the drain. I'd put em on Craigslist if I thought it wouldn't cause me karmic damage.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would invest in a dozen rolls of tuck tape (Canada) or IPG clear red sheathing tape for the seams if you want to seal it right, nothing else works like it that I have found.
The main issue to consider IMO is that without CO2 your plants are going to choke in a sealed room with no air exchange. Also if you are running sealed, I would think you would go with the mini split.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I'm a huge fan of 3m hvac flex tape.
For HVAC it is great but for sealing rooms give the sheathing tape a try. It will peel off your fingerprints and bonds much tighter for the long haul.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'd go with the mini split. Spend the money now so you don't have to worry about it. I just installed a 1.5 ton unit in a 3kw adjust a wing room and love it.

You may need a bit more ac tonnage for that many lights, air cooled or not. There's a metric around here somewhere for sizing ac for air cooled lights, probably in the grow room ac thread.

M

Mitgrower

Another question guys I have to build one new wall that will be insulated and dry walled do you think the concrete basement walls should be dry wall also

Top Bottom