help me... i dont want to misrepresent one of my strains im growing and breeding.

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

to start off the strain is bubba kush. i didnt get the seeds from a bank, they came out of a bag. 3 of them. this was the only bag that came form this grower that had seeds. when i made mention of these seeds i found i got a wierd look. then he says that he did some kind of light dep project to get these seeds(i know nothing about light dep). so on to the growing of these beans..3 grow 3 are girls 2 look like the same pheno and the other looks like a bettr pheno but it wasnt. i took clones off all three. in the posses i end up with a male(dont know what it is but it was in a varity pack) smells dank when you rub him and tight stagered node spacing. pollenated the three in flower,harvested them girls and seeds. stuck 7 of the 10 clones i took into flower ,one died and the other i kept for a mother. i sprouted 10 of them seeds i bread lost 2 to realy hard shell not poping off. so my q. is do i look for a male out of the seeds i bread or do i take this sweetgod male i havent choped yet, to breed the mother i kept or a good pheno from the seeds i bread. sry if this is f n cofusing but im still confused after alot of studing on breeding. i just want to breed a legit seed for me and a couple buddys. them seeds made some of the best bud ive had. i would love some help make n this work i know ive made astart. thanksfor your time

T

tattoojim

the look the grower gave me was like them beans was not supossed to be in that bag. mix up by the trimmerrs mayb...

T

tattoojim

top off one of the good phenos. not big but realy dense and smelled like a bowl of fruit loops. the buzz would sit any heavy smoker down..by the way the guy holding that top is 6.2 and 290 pounds. might look pretty small in that hand lol.

Photo7
johnursery

johnursery

carefull that weird look coulda been (oops there wasnt supposed to be any beans, musta had some herm sacs i didnt catch) it would suck to invest lots of time on a strain to find an undesirable trait thats locked in, of course IMO i dont like breeders using light dep or other stresses to make fem beans anyway my personal opinion is breeders should only use plants that wont herm under stress then chemicaly force the plant to reverse to have real fem beans not herm beans

T

tattoojim

Okay, to fix some of the confusion of the first post (i'm the girlfriend, and i'm nerdier about my typing...) SO, what's really going on is this: the last grow we had 3 bagseeds from some kind of bubba kush, which grew into 3 lovely plants, 2 of which had very similar phenotypes and one was way different. All 3 had different variations of a fruity pebbles/green fruit loops/pineapple smell. When they were finished, they were some of the best tasting bud we could've hoped for. While they were growing we pollinated them with the pollen from an unknown male (he smelled awesome, had good node spacing, and was also a bagseed from the same grower just not sure what strain). We also took a few clones from each of the 3 bubba kush. Now, our current grow has 7 of 10 bubba kush clones in flower right now, 1 bubba kush clone was kept for a mother, and 2 were axed. We also sprouted 10 of the seeds that came out of breeding the unknown male with the bubba kush females (they made some of the prettiest damn seeds too) and 2 of those were lost due not being able to shed the intesely hard shells they had and we couldn't help them free themselves without killing them.

Now, what we're wanting to do is keep our best genetics/keep the bubba kush strain that we grew going. SO, should we be looking for a male amongst the seedlings from our breeding to breed back to the mother bubba kush that we've kept in veg so far? Should we breed with the SweettoothxGodbud male that we have as backup? Should we leave the mother in veg just for clones and just breed with a good pheno from the seeds we're growing from our first breeding?

We also still have some of the pollen from the unknown male that we bred to the bubba kush, but we're not sure it's still viable or if we should use it,or even if we need to use it to keep the breeding right.

I hope that straightens it out a little, I got a little confused myself trying to sort it out. Thanks for any help/advice!

johnursery

johnursery

ok my concern if it was me would be how the bagseeds came to be, if he pollinated his bubba with a male then you would have regular seeds but if he had plants display hermi traits and that caused the bagseeds then you could have some hermi ready gear...now if theres no hermi problems and there regular seeds you could start your backcrossing or cubing or whatever other breeding techniques you choose to use to lock in the traits you want in your beans

convex

convex

There is also the question of whether the grower mono or multi cropped.

If he was running more than one strain you have no idea if it stray pollen (hermi or reg) from another strain fathered the seeds.

What you think are bubba seeds may well be an unknown hybrid.

Cheers

A

AliasAO

If you still have left over beans and pollen I would do another run and breed the same genetics that you like in order to make back up seeds for later.

Its been mentioned already but you may have a nice rare hybrid to play with, If I was in the position I would try to restock and replicate the genetics you guys found favorable.

T

tattoojim

convex.. i do know he multi croped,and the plants where in individual greenhouses. his plants yielded sveral pounds per plant. he is a 20 year vetran where he is at now. note the light dep project he did. the way i kinda understood it was that he did the light dep to get the seeds himself for further growing purposes. im new to this breeding stuff so i could b spinning my wheels on this. but this bud what ever it is ,it is f-n fire shit and i would love to keep it in my garden. i do need to say i have seen hermie traits but ive been under a bit of stress(multiple infestations of pests and nute issues cause of this) so i cant realy judge the hermie trait till im running a some what less of a stress free enviroment.

T

tattoojim

alias...i dont have any of the original beans left, but i have a mother clone in veg right now. i could breed her or a clone from her perhaps? i really don't want to ruin my mother plant..

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I'd just make clones of everything, label them well, and flower everything from your batch of seeds under similar circumstances. Make your choices from personal observations (remember the importance of notation and labels) and rogue that which you don't intend on breeding.

Even if nothing crosses well you'll still have your clone-only mothers to play with for many years.

Always have a notebook and always label everything. Can't stress that enough.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

what are mommies for? making babies of course
go edward scissor fingers on that thing
and then if you give cuts to all your friends, you will have that same strain around just in case you loose it(just held some c99 to close)

T

tattoojim

the first pic is the seedlings from the seeds we bread,the second one is my mother in the corner with some seedlings around her.

0423111308 00
0425111246 00
A

AliasAO

alias...i dont have any of the original beans left, but i have a mother clone in veg right now. i could breed her or a clone from her perhaps? i really don't want to ruin my mother plant..

As long as you have your prized momma you are golden Jim. Now all you have to do is maintain and take your cuttings. You can always keep an eye out for a strong male that you can pollenate your mom keeper with. Plus you can always cut a clone from her and make it a mother in ur pregnant moms place.

Good Luck Jim

T

tattoojim

As long as you have your prized momma you are golden Jim. Now all you have to do is maintain and take your cuttings. You can always keep an eye out for a strong male that you can pollenate your mom keeper with. Plus you can always cut a clone from her and make it a mother in ur pregnant moms place.

Good Luck Jim

i think im gonna take a few cuts here in the next few days she looks like she is ready. what do you think?

0425111247 01
T

TreFarmer

I ran a set of three Pre-98 Bubba seeds, pollinated with a male Snow for more vigor, size and crystal production. The crosses came out super nice so far. Will log the grow as I get more time. The first cross I call Bubba-Da Snowman, doing more X'ing with a male B/snow for Dubba Bubba-Da Snowman, and the same male to an original Katsu Bubba Kush. This will be the Bubba Dubble Snowman. I will post pics of the phenos soon.

A

AliasAO

i think im gonna take a few cuts here in the next few days she looks like she is ready. what do you think?

I think she was ready a few shoots ago. :harvest:

If I were you id cut a few clones every 2-3 weeks. treat it like mowing the lawn. Which will keep your mom a manageable size and maintain all fresh healthy cuttings everytime. I hear soft tips cuttings are ideal and thats the way to get them.

Shes looking good and healthy.

T

TreFarmer

Also, look into selfing, clone your mother, force flower with silver for male flowers. Pollinate her with her. Great beans!!

A

AliasAO

Also, look into selfing, clone your mother, force flower with silver for male flowers. Pollinate her with her. Great beans!!

Is that right? Does it not produce Hermie traits??

Have u found any negative effects in your gos at it??

Top Bottom