Help Me Identify This Bug. Pictures

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

I noticed these teeny tiny bugs on my yellow paper, and have no idea what they are. I could only see their shape under microscope, and photos below are at 60x.

Organic soil.

Not even sure if they are anything to be concerned about or not. Thoughts? (The big fly is a fungus gnat)

They kinda look like spring tail larvae, but not white enough. They are the small black specks in last photo. They have little antenna.

Help me identify this bug pictures
Help me identify this bug pictures 2
Help me identify this bug pictures 3
Perception

Perception

yeah, I hope so. Mostly just wanted to make sure that this wasn't some known parasitic bug! thanks

Organikz

Organikz

They are in fact springtails. I haven't seen them until recent as far as crawling across the surface of my soil but sometimes you see them launch off. My hypoaspis [finally got that spelling] mites and springtails are always battling. And now my mite assasins have bloomed...

Perception

Perception

I get springtails coming out with my runoff. I hate seeing them, it creeps me out.

I remember reading that springtails were a sign of healthy organic soil, and that they were a good thing. Wish i could remember the source - I’ll post if I find it.

Thanks all!

Enforcer

Enforcer

I remember reading that springtails were a sign of healthy organic soil, and that they were a good thing. Wish i could remember the source - I’ll post if I find it.

Thanks all!
You’re correct. They are a good bug.

Top Bottom