Help me please! Seedling problem with yellow spots!

• Thread starter Dimi87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dosifry

Dosifry

Can I do something simpler and cheaper? I mean I'm living in a village so I have my own goats. If I add the manure will be enough for feeding without fertilizers?
👍👍👍👍👍👍if you can find some stuff that’s a few years old nice and crumbly that stuff is like gold around here

Dosifry

Dosifry

It would be something you could add to your transplant mix to loosen the soil up. I would use 1/3 part WELL ROTTED sheep manure to your base mix. You can also add 1/8 part course sand and that will take care of helping your mix drain well. If your base mix is just plain garden soil go a bit heavier on the sand. Mix it up and test it out by pouring some water through a small pots worth of your mix. See how quickly the water runs out the bottom of the pot. A bigger pot would be better. This is all very generalized.
Your sheep manure if you can get stuff that’s been in a pile for a few years, just dig through all the weeds on top till u get to the nice fluffy chocolatey part. This stuff has about everything a growing plant needs.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Can I do something simpler and cheaper? I mean I'm living in a village so I have my own goats. If I add the manure will be enough for feeding without fertilizers?
Sure. But compost is a very slow release fertilizer so you'd have to feed.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Sure. But compost is a very slow release fertilizer so you'd have to feed.
Composted manure as opposed to leaves and vegetation in my experience generally has a little more kick to it. Maybe some supplementary feeding with say sheep manure tea if plants look hungry. If it’s a small pile that’s well leached through a higher amount could be added to potting mix. I’m just thinking she can get away w raising a plant low budget if she has access to good composted manure. My experience has been I. The ground directly. A very healthy dose of rotted cow shit and my plants did very well that one year that I had zero cash for any supplements lol! Not all manures the same and we could split hairs but if in a large pot with some tea here and there I think it’s worth a shot. Especially if that’s the only option ✌️✌️

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Compost is good, but well composted stuff (2 year old compost) is missing key ingredients necessary to qualify as a great grow medium on it's own. One *very important ingredient is Nitrogen. Nitrogen molecules are bigger than other and won't fixate. In other words, melting snow and rain will wash it away. So if you're going to use compost, add a little alfalfa meal of some other natural high N source. A little Kelp meal for the PGRs would also help.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Composted manure as opposed to leaves and vegetation in my experience generally has a little more kick to it. Maybe some supplementary feeding with say sheep manure tea if plants look hungry. If it’s a small pile that’s well leached through a higher amount could be added to potting mix. I’m just thinking she can get away w raising a plant low budget if she has access to good composted manure. My experience has been I. The ground directly. A very healthy dose of rotted cow shit and my plants did very well that one year that I had zero cash for any supplements lol! Not all manures the same and we could split hairs but if in a large pot with some tea here and there I think it’s worth a shot. Especially if that’s the only option ✌️✌️
I meant to say if I’m a large pile not a large pot🤪
She may have better luck w less leaching. I’d still do what you recommend though😁

Dimi87

Dimi87

Compost is good, but well composted stuff (2 year old compost) is missing key ingredients necessary to qualify as a great grow medium on it's own. One *very important ingredient is Nitrogen. Nitrogen molecules are bigger than other and won't fixate. In other words, melting snow and rain will wash it away. So if you're going to use compost, add a little alfalfa meal of some other natural high N source. A little Kelp meal for the PGRs would also help.
Thank a lot for your advise!

Dimi87

Dimi87

I'm thinking to use this product because it has a very good rating of users.Has anybody else used it before? It claims that it can feed the plant for 10 weeks just with a single dose. Also it says I have to mix it with the soil and then put the plant.Can I use it for my plant(which is already in soil) and how to do it?Once again thank you all for your time and willing to help the noobie!

Screenshot 20200419 201537 com android chrome jpg
Dimi87

Dimi87

**UPDATE* * Hi everyone, I hope you are fine!Day 35th today and my plant seems very good-as far as I can see at least.I gave it a light food of 3-3-5 before a few days and it didn't show some kind of stress.Also I don't have any shit on the new leaves like black and brown spots.When it was younger I buried it until the cotelydonds almost touched the ground cause the wind shaked it hard.The trick worked fine I think cause from then the plant seems to be more steady.Now it reached 40cm.Also I help it to stay straight with a stick.Don't you think that if I put the stick away the plant will collapse, no!In fact the plant just lay on the stick very softly.Oh, I forgot to mention.The plant started to smell weird. Especially the very new growth has this stinky smell more than the older leaves. Is it normal? I will keep you update.Thank you all!

IMG 20210604 163322
IMG 20210604 162746
Dimi87

Dimi87

**UPDATE* * Hi everyone, I hope you are fine!Day 35th today and my plant seems very good-as far as I can see at least.I gave it a light food of 3-3-5 before a few days and it didn't show some kind of stress.Also I don't have any shit on the new leaves like black and brown spots.When it was younger I buried it until the cotelydonds almost touched the ground cause the wind shaked it hard.The trick worked fine I think cause from then the plant seems to be more steady.Now it reached 40cm.Also I help it to stay straight with a stick.Don't you think that if I put the stick away the plant will collapse, no!In fact the plant just lay on the stick very softly.Oh, I forgot to mention.The plant started to smell weird. Especially the very new growth has this stinky smell more than the older leaves. Is it normal? I will keep you update.Thank you all!
I think I hurried to speak. One leaf has a kind of discoloration. Please avoid the left side of the leaf, which seems white,because it's a camera thing and not a plant's issue.

IMG 20210604 171608
IMG 20210604 171751
BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Growing weed well is hard.
I had one guy say "It's easy. Put a seed in the ground and just add water." lol

Dimi87

Dimi87

Growing weed well is hard.
I had one guy say "It's easy. Put a seed in the ground and just add water." lol
Yeah, it seems simple until somebody try it.I had the same opinion too but when I started to grow I realized that needs a lot of effort instead of just "put a seed in the ground and add water".I have to say that sometimes I wanna give up.Too much of research, experiment and anxiety.But it's something normal I suppose and happens to anybody occasionally. Also I find the process fascinating so I will keep trying. Every begin is hard but I want to improve my self and grow better and better plants😊

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, it seems simple until somebody try it.I had the same opinion too but when I started to grow I realized that needs a lot of effort instead of just "put a seed in the ground and add water".I have to say that sometimes I wanna give up.Too much of research, experiment and anxiety.But it's something normal I suppose and happens to anybody occasionally. Also I find the process fascinating so I will keep trying. Every begin is hard but I want to improve my self and grow better and better plants😊
seriously it will become easy you just have to go through a couple grows with mistakes and all and at the same time your learning about your equipment and environment and obviously growing..

dbrzz

dbrzz

Anyone please? The situation is worst today.More silver and yellow spots, some edges burned too and also I have some tiny holes on the leafs.
You got pests……. Leaf miners maybe but pests on the bottom of the leaves

Yupitschief

Yupitschief

Bugs you think huh??
Here are some more pics from today.

Any thoughts? Same…bugs?

9BE9FFA9 A721 45EF B136 7BD106064B03
1DE94797 F56A 468C 8377 2436506AAF74
69BD9066 A39F 4674 82BE 1F21B7A040B5
3364007B D4C6 4901 970C 569C663A19FE

Latest posts

Top Bottom