Help me shop for budget outdoor amendments. Growing in aged horse manure.

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Hi. I'm shopping on a budget for amendments. Growing in aged horse manure. I usually dont have rot or drainage problems so I'm skipping perlite. One year I amended absolutely nothing just lolipopped and defoliated and got very decent bud. Depending on the strain horseshit can do just fine completely on it's own. But I'm looking to cover my bases a little better this time. Mostly looking for things I can top dress with along the way. Here's what I have in my cart so far.

Dr earth 4-4-4
Dr earth flower girl 3-9-4
rice hulls 5lb. Are these useful as a top dressing or do they need to go in the soil before planting?
gypsum 5lb (same question)
langbeinite 5lb (same question)
and worm castings just to help blend everything in.

Any of this stuff unnecessary or that I should swap for something better? Anything else I really need?

Thank you.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Crab or Shrimp meal.
As an all natural and organic soil amendment, chitin has an array of benefits such as reducing the effects of light and transplant shock, preventing the growth of detrimental soil bacteria, improving plant vigor and resistance, increasing root growth and fungal inoculation all the while increasing yields down the line.

coffee grounds includes 2% nitrogen, 0.06% phosphorous, 0.6% potassium, and micronutrients like calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, iron, and zinc that benefit plants by encouraging healthy growth

Molasses
Because it's rich in both micro and macro nutrients, one of the biggest benefits of molasses for soil is its ability to boost the structure and moisture retention of the medium (encouraging the growth of beneficial organisms). Healthier & faster plant growth: When you add molasses to soil, you boost its sugar content.

You don’t need them but some Cheap things that help

P

PahPahCee

You don’t need the rice hulls. It only adds aeration and silica. It takes a while for it to break down into silica and if you’re planting in the ground outdoors you have enough silica already.

Probably can skip the langbeinite and rely on the flower girl for the P-K.

Here’s the real pro tip:

1) gypsum can be purchased at Home Depot for next to nothing. Like $15 for 40#.

2) buy dr earth bulk bags off walmart when it goes on sale which is frequently.

3) if budget is important ditch everything but the flower girl. You can probably coast on the nutrients in the soil for veg and use the flower girl for flower.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Bake to sterilize all of these, I forget I think 375 for 40 mins should be plenty. Bannana peels, apple peels, egg shells, fan leaves, USED coffee grounds. That covers your NPK right there, K from Bannana peel, phosphorus from fan leaves, tons of nitrogen from used coffee grounds. Egg shells have a ton of calcium. Those are free and can get the job done. Also make compost teas with these

C

chronic2

A chapter in Smokey Ynick's book he wrote after his racing career ended, he move and kept diesel engines running in South America for the oil rigs there. According to his life out in the vegetation, they used sticker bushes around the yard to keep the snakes out. Said chicken shit was the worst, cattle poop was the next, and human excrement was the best fertilizer.

Poop in the backyard. I'd start with a week of cob salads and rounds of sushi on the weekends.

N

Natep

Build a soil craft blend. Then make some aloe fpj. Knf is about the cheapest nutrients I could think of making.

Top Bottom