Help me sort out a pesticide usage schedule?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Nig Bath.
LMFAO.

Sweet, Awesome, that makes me feel better than. I see a dog in my grow room and im right in behind her shoving her ass out of the room because i feel like shes a bug infestation waiting to happen. LOL, not worrying so much anymore, i feel like its just like one small wrong move, and bam these fuckers will attack me. Lol.

I see alot of pests posts. Makes me feel like its TOO common for bugs lol.

Poor garden doggo lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

….....as any seasoned grower will tell you...preventative steps are the best way to treat pest issues...….I live in the south US,.. its warm year round, ......so bugs don't die back here in winter.......I also have 2 dogs,.... as well as over 150 orchids, and other plants that all go outside in the summer, and come back in in fall.....…but..I'm in the same group as MIMedgrower...….I stopped using pest sprays, etc.....years ago......I use to have broad mite issues every other grow, but...….. Once I started using mosquito dunks in my water......all the pest issues stopped. It keeps the water as well as the root balls inoculated with BT bacteria that kills the pests.....

Cleanliness in the grow room, is mandatory, and air flow is key in keeping them from getting starting......Most of the gnats, flies, etc need very calm air to be able to move around, which includes breeding....even a little breeze in the room keeps them from being able to move around which disrupts their breeding cycle.....…..fans running 24hrs will keep most of them from getting started...….

Just an FYI. BT only affects gnats and mosquitos. No other pests. And mosquito dunk water did nothing in my garden. I think the dunks are old I got. I use Microbe lift at 4 drops per gallon.

THCMonster

THCMonster

@MIMedGrower is 100% right, and Mosquito Dunk are a complete waste they are only 10% BT, and since BT is a living organism most often the Dunks are so old they're dead!

Another Product is Monterey BT, it is 98% BT, but again since it is a microorganism, if you are using just regular tap water (even bubbled for 24hr) then you are killing 80-90% of the product as soon as you add it to water because of the chlorine and florides in the water.

Also becareful spraying BT because it is a microbial, you dont want that shit on final product. Just use it as a soil drench!

Munch517

Munch517

I put an order on amazon for mosquito bits. I dont have pest issues. Everything is a preventative measure. Can i do the mosquito bits in water, as a preventative, every time i water just to it? or should i only do that if i get an issue, like you had before? I have like 5 fans inside my 4x4 grow tent, 4 on the ground circling the air, and one above cooling the lights and pushing air around the top. Yellow sticky traps hanging from the ceiling of the tent, one on the floor in the center of the tent, and one on a wall, in the middle of the tent. Might be overkill.

Can anyone explain i guess the main uses of D.E? I understand i can mix it in with my soil. Can i sprinkle it on the plants? Can i use it like sulfur and put it on the floor? Whats the most effective way to use D.E?

Silica, @THCMonster, i just add that into my water?
No, im not going to do everything everyone is saying and make one big bomb lol, im just asking questions and learning. Figuring out how to use everything.

@Munch517 You say, youre using green cleaner during flower? This is okay to spray on flowers? I mean it says on the bottle, but when is the bottle ever true. Lol.
Along with Captain jacks and Azamax? I need a flower defense, i dont know what im able to spray on my flowering plants to keep them safe.

Todays cleaning day!
Im going to pickup some hydrogen peroxide to clean my tent. Any cleaning tips anyone can suggest? Certain products to use to lets say, clean fans, clean tent walls, i use a washer/dryer to clean my Carbon filter sleeve. Hmmm.. Clean Clothes: ☑ Clean hands: ☑.
I alcohol pad the bottoms of my shoes before entering my grow area. Should i just grab a seperate pair of shoes?

They claim Azamax and Green Cleaner are both ok to use through harvest. I'd be a lot quicker to use Green Cleaner late in flower, it seems relatively benign and it seems to work well. The combo of products I use came from someone who's grown for a lot longer than me and in high volumes, he's also used a lot more products since he owns a grow store.

My concern about sprays in flower is much more about causing mold/fungus/bud rot than it is about chemical residue. I stop using any sprays once the buds are anything more a collection of hairs unless there's an emergency. If I had a pest problem in late flower I would use these sprays and drop the humidity in the room way low and maybe bump the fans up.

I haven't heard of mosquito dunks before, I'm definitely going to give those a try for my root drenches, they have to be a lot cheaper than Azamax.

Thepeacefulgrower

Thepeacefulgrower

I put an order on amazon for mosquito bits. I dont have pest issues. Everything is a preventative measure. Can i do the mosquito bits in water, as a preventative, every time i water just to it? or should i only do that if i get an issue, like you had before? I have like 5 fans inside my 4x4 grow tent, 4 on the ground circling the air, and one above cooling the lights and pushing air around the top. Yellow sticky traps hanging from the ceiling of the tent, one on the floor in the center of the tent, and one on a wall, in the middle of the tent. Might be overkill.

Can anyone explain i guess the main uses of D.E? I understand i can mix it in with my soil. Can i sprinkle it on the plants? Can i use it like sulfur and put it on the floor? Whats the most effective way to use D.E?

Silica, @THCMonster, i just add that into my water?
No, im not going to do everything everyone is saying and make one big bomb lol, im just asking questions and learning. Figuring out how to use everything.

@Munch517 You say, youre using green cleaner during flower? This is okay to spray on flowers? I mean it says on the bottle, but when is the bottle ever true. Lol.
Along with Captain jacks and Azamax? I need a flower defense, i dont know what im able to spray on my flowering plants to keep them safe.

Todays cleaning day!
Im going to pickup some hydrogen peroxide to clean my tent. Any cleaning tips anyone can suggest? Certain products to use to lets say, clean fans, clean tent walls, i use a washer/dryer to clean my Carbon filter sleeve. Hmmm.. Clean Clothes: ☑ Clean hands: ☑.
I alcohol pad the bottoms of my shoes before entering my grow area. Should i just grab a seperate pair of
Just an FYI. BT only affects gnats and mosquitos. No other pests. And mosquito dunk water did nothing in my garden. I think the dunks are old I got. I use Microbe lift at 4 drops per gallon.
Do u have a pic of the microbe lift u use ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom