Help me sort out a pesticide usage schedule?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys, FINALLY. Finally. I am growing some plants, and not killing them by overwatering. Now that i have the wheels on the bus turning, i want to get a safety defense created. Right now i only have 2 small plants(week 4 or so of veg), and 6 or so seedlings in the veg tent. Assuming ill have 8 total plants in this tent, im going to have a small forest, a good home for bugs. Im clueless when it comes to pesticide, all i really did was use nuke em every couple weeks on my first harvest. I just mixed it in a spray bottle and blasted em every like week or so. So for my future runs (im already in flower on this one, so sort of late) i want to be ready with my defense team.

I want to start building that habit of having to pesticide my plants, or rather, get that routine going.

I have a bunch of pesticides on the shelf.

Humboldts Secret Flower Shield
Green Cleaner
Spinosad
Nuke em

are there other options i should pickup to add to my defense squad? I unfortunately dont have the 200 dollars for a biopesticide or whatever they are lol.

What do you use to prevent, and when do you do it?? how often? I want to be safe, right now im pretty much just running blind and spraying my plants with whatever, whenever i feel like it to be safe, obviously thats not how i want to do it. If i can have a schedule like, week 3 of veg make sure i spray nuke em, and then week 6 make sure i reapply, or something, that would be helpful. instead of "oh i feel like i might see a bug SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY" because thats not really preventing anything.
Should i spray once a week once i hit week 1 of veg? Should i not spray at all? Should i only spray for 6 weeks, and then stop a week before i go into flower? This is why im posting this lol. I want to be a master at IPM lol. No fucking bugs here. And i dont want any. I just dont know what to do with my pesticides is pretty much what it is.

Im finally moving along, its time to take the next steps. IPM seems like a pretty smart move forward. sorry if the post is a bit confusing, trying to explain my goals can be difficult on message boards. Thanks for any future help.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I worry, as i have 2 other adults that enter my grow room multiple times daily, and 3 dogs that come in and out. Im at an extreme risk, in my opinion. I do shower and do all the "Cleanliness" stuff before entering my room, so thats a start to IPM lol.

I have no way to avoid the 2 other people, and my dogs. My door has to stay open for my tents to run correct temperatures, which means the dogs have free will in and out. Could get a gate, but even then they would sit infront of my grow room door, and i feel like the bugs can still travel from the door, to the tents.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ok I don't know about the stuff you got.......

I'm sure there all fine in Veg,............

there will be more people that can help with this so I'll just say @Buzzer777

He just helped me again the other day with bugs and my flower tent........ I have stuff to use but it's all from diff place's then yours......

And to be Honset I havn't had to DEAL with Bug's for over 15yrs..... till now so I'm not the 1 to really talk here.....

Sry CG

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
ok I don't know about the stuff you got.......

I'm sure there all fine in Veg,............

there will be more people that can help with this so I'll just say @Buzzer777

He just helped me again the other day with bugs and my flower tent........ I have stuff to use but it's all from diff place's then yours......

And to be Honset I havn't had to DEAL with Bug's for over 15yrs..... till now so I'm not the 1 to really talk here.....

Sry CG

NP! Hmmm, @MIMedGrower said he hasnt had to deal with bugs in awhile either, or atleast a real deal bug attack.
Maybe i am overreacting and worrying about all the traffic coming into my grow room?

I think for right now, atleast until maybe someone has a rejection, i will just continue to spray nuke em once a weekish, like i have been doing, so far so good.
Just really worry about the traffic, which is why i want to get prevention down ASAP before its an issue.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Here's my 2 cents take it or leave it......

I don't think you have to worry about the dogs and you so much... as long as you're a clean person.......

I have 3 things I use in veg as for spray and switch between them every few weeks...
I did use a lot of neem oil though....
And the Jack's....

The Jack's I used the other day in flower for the bug's I seen.... but they were still from the 1st one's I got...
I think I only got 90%or so in the tent cause I could ot spray all the vegetables.....

Also I have the plant theory coming now to also use in flower if need be with the Jack's....

That's all the help I can be..I would just spray everything 2 times a week

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Here's my 2 cents take it or leave it......

I don't think you have to worry about the dogs and you so much... as long as you're a clean person.......

I have 3 things I use in veg as for spray and switch between them every few weeks...
I did use a lot of neem oil though....
And the Jack's....

The Jack's I used the other day in flower for the bug's I seen.... but they were still from the 1st one's I got...
I think I only got 90%or so in the tent cause I could ot spray all the vegetables.....

Also I have the plant theory coming now to also use in flower if need be with the Jack's....

That's all the help I can be..I would just spray everything 2 times a week

Perfect, thanks bass. Its helping me just get an idea of a routine.
Going to pickup that plant therapy, i saw that before. I understand these have expiration dates, but at the money i already have in here, id rather be safe for the year and throw them away than get infested lol.

Appreciate it man.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm sure your stuff is good just let 1 of these guys that know this say what's up CG

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
remember CG I'm living without running water inside ...so I go 2-3 days same clothes and I take a nig bath out of 5gal buckets every 2-3days.... and I'm not moving bugs around........

Nig Bath.
LMFAO.

Sweet, Awesome, that makes me feel better than. I see a dog in my grow room and im right in behind her shoving her ass out of the room because i feel like shes a bug infestation waiting to happen. LOL, not worrying so much anymore, i feel like its just like one small wrong move, and bam these fuckers will attack me. Lol.

I see alot of pests posts. Makes me feel like its TOO common for bugs lol.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I'm sure your stuff is good just let 1 of these guys that know this say what's up CG
i forget you run around with the pups too and you dont have issues. I guess i can lay off em a little LOL.

Just tryna be safe than sorry! Lol.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya I went to take the 3x3 tent out of here so we all can sleep on the floor in here... i feel a sleep in here the other night and when i got up it was a pup faz... lol i don't know how we can all sleep in a 6 ft area but it was a pile............................................

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@Seraphine
is the master at bug control and identification!

I only think that Plant Therapy is safe in flower, because the grow shop said so (Owner was a master grower) ..as does the label. I see no chemicals, and have been using it here for months. I have PM and it kills on contact. It doesn't poison bugs, but suffocates them according to the company.

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

i have to keep my grow room door open too in order to keep the temperature down as well. I have a few ideas, some based on what I do and some for your dogs. I don’t have dogs but indoor cats. They stay out of my grow room because I line the doorway with elemental sulfur. They must not like the smell.

Dogs:
A soapy bath for your dogs is the best way to kill pests that hitchhiked a ride on them. I would increase frequency of doggy baths more during the summer. You can dust elemental sulfur on your dogs when they go outside. It is perfectly safe to do so. I would still put a baby gate up to keep them out of he room.

Grow room:
Elemental sulfur is my favorite preventative. I dust the the floor of my grow tents, the top of my grow medium, the outside of my pots, the edges of my walls in the grow room. Sometimes I’ll mixed DE with the sulfur.

Increase airflow inside the tent. Most pests (insects and mild/mildew) can’t get established on the plants if it’s too windy but not so windy that you give your plants wind burn. I have 5 small fans in the 5’x5’ flower tent.

Spraying Plants:
These are all organic options: I like green cleaner(insecticidal soap), azamax, captain jacks dead bug (spinosad), azera, DE, elemental sulfur. I would also pick a horticultural oil like neem to add to your arsenal. Azamax can also be used as a soil drench to kill prevent certain soil pests. I would also consider some biologicals that have btk or bs. They aren’t that expensive, not like grandevo, botanigard 22wp, pfr97.

As a preventative, I would spray every 5-7 days with a different active ingredient during vegetative growth.

During flower, increase airflow and keep humidity down. Dust stems, grow medium, pots, tent floor, any surfaces with DE and sulfur. Try to keep the dogs out!

During the summer or whenever outdoor pests are most active for you, you’ll want to treat any plants next to your house. Don’t grow anything outdoors that attract major pests. I’ve had to pull out plants bordering the foundation of my house because they were attracting pine mites.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I sanitize my room between grows, before soil goes in i spray Home Defense all around the outside, my intakes and inside the perimeter of my room and around my catch tray.
I then run exhaust fans on high for a day and then begin!
My main issue is to not enter our grow area after coming in from our veggie garden.
Actually I never enter our grow room until I've been home for a while.

Seraphine

Seraphine

i have to keep my grow room door open too in order to keep the temperature down as well. I have a few ideas, some based on what I do and some for your dogs. I don’t have dogs but indoor cats. They stay out of my grow room because I line the doorway with elemental sulfur. They must not like the smell.

Dogs:
A soapy bath for your dogs is the best way to kill pests that hitchhiked a ride on them. I would increase frequency of doggy baths more during the summer. You can dust elemental sulfur on your dogs when they go outside. It is perfectly safe to do so. I would still put a baby gate up to keep them out of he room.

Grow room:
Elemental sulfur is my favorite preventative. I dust the the floor of my grow tents, the top of my grow medium, the outside of my pots, the edges of my walls in the grow room. Sometimes I’ll mixed DE with the sulfur.

Increase airflow inside the tent. Most pests (insects and mild/mildew) can’t get established on the plants if it’s too windy but not so windy that you give your plants wind burn. I have 5 small fans in the 5’x5’ flower tent.

Spraying Plants:
These are all organic options: I like green cleaner(insecticidal soap), azamax, captain jacks dead bug (spinosad), azera, DE, elemental sulfur. I would also pick a horticultural oil like neem to add to your arsenal. Azamax can also be used as a soil drench to kill prevent certain soil pests. I would also consider some biologicals that have btk or bs. They aren’t that expensive, not like grandevo, botanigard 22wp, pfr97.

As a preventative, I would spray every 5-7 days with a different active ingredient during vegetative growth.

During flower, increase airflow and keep humidity down. Dust stems, grow medium, pots, tent floor, any surfaces with DE and sulfur. Try to keep the dogs out!

During the summer or whenever outdoor pests are most active for you, you’ll want to treat any plants next to your house. Don’t grow anything outdoors that attract major pests. I’ve had to pull out plants bordering the foundation of my house because they were attracting pine mites.

I forgot to add: yellow sticky traps! Put one or two in each tent. They are the best way to monitor for bugs.

Also I grow in coco, I use the compressed coco bricks so when I hydrate one in a large plastic bin, I add a teaspoon of bleach or each gallon of water. This kills any eggs/ pests that may be in the coco. Then when it’s time to use it, I rinse it and prep it. Bleach breaks down really fast too. I swear that how I got these little white mites that lived on my fabric pots. They didn’t cause any harm, but still. Once I started putting a little bleach in the water that I used to hydrate my coco, no more critters!

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I still remember sitting out on the deck in the late summer, trimming a small auto, grown outside, when a baby grasshopper jumped out and scared the crap out of me!😂

It is a good idea to plant sacrificial plants away from the cannabis so hopefully the hoards of bugs eat them and stay clear of our plants. Last year, my hummingbird feeder attracted hummers all summer long..Those guys are amazing bug hunters.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Well there you go.... this is why you don't need to read my post at all........ 😋

this is when I HATE the 10 min rule that's here LOL

Top Bottom