Help my day 8 old seedings NEWBIE ADVICE PLS

• Thread starter Smokeydabear420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

Hello everyone I’m knew to growing did a lot of research just wondering if my plants looks good and if anyone had any tips.

my tent is 32x32x62

Light : giixer 1000w led

2 clip on fans

1 floor fan

4 inch Vivosun vent system

3 gallon smart pots

Temp ranges 72-77

Humidity - 55 60 %

Autoflower white widow seeds

fox farm ocean forest

Ph perfect nutes

gets fed ro water

will they survive? Why do they have yellow spots and look weak ?

Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls
Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls 2
Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls 3
Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls 4
Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls 5
Help my day 8 old seedings newbie advice pls 6
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

You should be starting in a solo cup. It’s too hard to dial in watering in such a big container. Maybe you can scoop it out and transfer. Not a pro, just have seen other people recommended in that direction. Also nutes are not needed yet, you will end up with the soil too hot.

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

You should be starting in a solo cup. It’s too hard to dial in watering in such a big container. Maybe you can scoop it out and transfer. Not a pro, just have seen other people recommended in that direction. Also nutes are not needed yet, you will end up with the soil too hot.
Are they dying ? I’m trying to do everything for them they just look weird ? Yellow dots on leaves and also one of my bigger plants have green dots they are also auto flowers don’t want to transplant and hurt them.

85DDADE5 AEB8 497B 828A A8A500D9233C
84C544A0 373E 4D3E 835D CBB944ABAA0B
Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

Hey smokey , not even close to dying 🤣 they are fine , even better thsn fine... more like excellent
Appreciate it bro so I shouldn’t be worried about the spots ? And should I add cal mag to ro water? I have a 1000 w led going rn should I throw in another 1000w ? Thanks so much

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look a tad overfed, which isn't unusual for using FFarms stuff and then adding more nutes to it. What is wrong with your tap water? You usually need to supplement using CalMag if you are providing RO water, but your soil might have enough in it already. Overall, I think they look good. I prefer to grow with no pre-loaded nutes, but that is just my style that works for me. I think they are getting enough light, as they aren't lanky or looking like they are needing more light. The dark green leaves and puffy appearance of the big fan leaf makes me think the mix might be a little hot, otherwise things look good. The seedlings look good. Most of my comments are regarding the larger plant in the last photo. If you are growing the new seedlings in FFarms stuff, I would NOT add any nutrients for at least a month, maybe thru vegging depending how big the plant gets and how big the growing container is.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey smokey , im saying they look excellent because most new growers have troubles with seedlings , the most common are overwatering and also difficulties managing light and heat , causing the seedlings to stretch out of control or drown or burn , you have avoided all that , so your off to a really good start , dont worry about the little nutrient burn , it can pop up here and there , your new growth looks vigorous so , as far as i see , all good .....

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

Hey smokey , im saying they look excellent because most new growers have troubles with seedlings , the most common are overwatering and also difficulties managing light and heat , causing the seedlings to stretch out of control or drown or burn , you have avoided all that , so your off to a really good start , dont worry about the little nutrient burn , it can pop up here and there , your new growth looks vigorous so , as far as i see , all good .....
Just thru the other light in and I appreciate the kind words I will keep u guys updated on the grow and ask more ? If I need help thank you

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

I’d be careful throwing in more light on the babies. Less is usually more, especially for lil youngster plants.
in general autoflowers require less nutrients than photos. I feed my autos (which are in coco) very lightly...even now that one is flowering she doesn’t want very much nutrients.
they look good though! I would just water them lovingly and sit back and let them do their thing For a couple weeks.

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

I’d be careful throwing in more light on the babies. Less is usually more, especially for lil youngster plants.
in general autoflowers require less nutrients than photos. I feed my autos (which are in coco) very lightly...even now that one is flowering she doesn’t want very much nutrients.
they look good though! I would just water them lovingly and sit back and let them do their thing For a couple weeks.
Woke up this morning to the seedlings leaves looking funny with orange bronze kinda dots only 2 and lighter tone of green from middle to darker on edges of leaves. I ordered cal mag I feed ro water maybe this is this issue ? Sir will these lights give me a good yield ?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It looks to me your light may be to close, a 1000w is a lot for a seedling you should be 32inc away till they get bigger, you want ur seedlings reaching for light not shying away from it, allso you put your seeds in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in witch you did, autos have very weak root systems you do not transplant them, all i grow is autos i have a 600w led when there that small my light is 30inc away, your light's stronger, back it off and of course do not feed till there big enough. While it is possible to transplant an auto it is not recommended for the reason above you did right.

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

It looks to me your light may be to close, a 1000w is a lot for a seedling you should be 32inc away till they get bigger, you want ur seedlings reaching for light not shying away from it, allso you put your seeds in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in witch you did, autos have very weak root systems you do not transplant them, all i grow is autos i have a 600w led when there that small my light is 30inc away, your light's stronger, back it off and of course do not feed till there big enough. While it is possible to transplant an auto it is not recommended for the reason above you did right.
Appreciate ur kind words sir and yes the 3 little guys are autos I planted them straight to 3 gallons just weird because they popped up more to the side than the middle so I moved them to the middle the first day the bigger plant I don’t know what it is I found the seed In my bud so I tried to grow it and the heck it grew lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, I don't like seeing tiny new seedlings/plants in giant pots. It would be very difficult for me to no when to water. No feeding needed yet, if any I'd use .25 ml of each 3 part GH flora per gallon = 1 drop each.
I go solo cup - 1/2 gallon - 3 gallon pot. Each one I can pick up and test weight for water and maneuver the plants as needed.

I see wet and dry on top ?? I don't understand why. I saturate each container I use with either food or water and let dry completely before water or feed again. It usually takes 3-4 days for each container I use to need watering again.

I see lots of guys growing out of the big pots right from the start and they have tremendous success. I personally haven't understood why they're needed.
😀😀

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

Hi, I don't like seeing tiny new seedlings/plants in giant pots. It would be very difficult for me to no when to water. No feeding needed yet, if any I'd use .25 ml of each 3 part GH flora per gallon = 1 drop each.
I go solo cup - 1/2 gallon - 3 gallon pot. Each one I can pick up and test weight for water and maneuver the plants as needed.

I see wet and dry on top ?? I don't understand why. I saturate each container I use with either food or water and let dry completely before water or feed again. It usually takes 3-4 days for each container I use to need watering again.

I see lots of guys growing out of the big pots right from the start and they have tremendous success. I personally haven't understood why they're needed.
😀😀
I had to put more soil to support the plants I got 2 1000w giixer led on Amazon. Should I return them for a mars hydro ts2000?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I had to put more soil to support the plants I got 2 1000w giixer led on Amazon. Should I return them for a mars hydro ts2000?
No idea about your lights, I veg under t8 florescent's a t5 + supplemental side lighting, then flower under 1000w hps.

Support for your plant? I use gardening wire shaped into a paperclip bent in a way to stick into the soil and support the small stalk.

When I plant sprouts into a solo cup I plant it with only 1/2 cup of soil. Then when the seedling stretches I add soil to fill the cup and support the fragile stalk. Next time start small and let the plant get almost root bound before transplanting up.

This is just my method, not saying you're wrong with the large pots I'm just saying what works for me.😀😀

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

😀😀
When I start a new grow, I plant directly into a 5 or 6 gallon bucket full of Promix. Prior to planting, I soak the Promix a few times the day before planting. This allows the water to spread out evenly and gets the buffering going. After planting, I don't usually water for a few weeks as the roots fill out. I have a small reserve of nutes that I add to the Promix to feed everyone until the plants are a lot bigger.
Planting directly is just the way that I have done things for decades, and for me, it is much easier than repotting a few times. It works well for me but might not be the best option for newer growers. The water in the buckets is plenty for seedlings or clones, and the Promix doesn't get waterlogged despite holding a considerable amount of water. As long as the roots get O2, they usually thrive.

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

When I start a new grow, I plant directly into a 5 or 6 gallon bucket full of Promix. Prior to planting, I soak the Promix a few times the day before planting. This allows the water to spread out evenly and gets the buffering going. After planting, I don't usually water for a few weeks as the roots fill out. I have a small reserve of nutes that I add to the Promix to feed everyone until the plants are a lot bigger.
Planting directly is just the way that I have done things for decades, and for me, it is much easier than repotting a few times. It works well for me but might not be the best option for newer growers. The water in the buckets is plenty for seedlings or clones, and the Promix doesn't get waterlogged despite holding a considerable amount of water. As long as the roots get O2, they usually thrive.
Do my plants look like they have a lack of light I was thinking of switching to mars hydro 1000

Latest posts

Top Bottom