Help my moms are sick and i cant lose them

• Thread starter Bangarang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bangarang

Ok so i have addressed several issues and have not been able to fix the problem. The problem started 3 weeks ago and displayed the same symptoms that are shown in the photo.
Help my moms are sick and i cant lose them Help my moms are sick and i cant lose them 2 Gs cookie
I flushed the plant with water and Dutch Masters Zone and then created my own tea. My tea consisted of worm casting, Baseline Granular, Great White, and some Molases. About 5 days later i thought i had saved them. The new growth looked green and good.
I then watered one time and the next day i started to see the burned leaves and the lack of vigor in my plants. Two of them never bounced back, and these are my moms.
I then took measures and sprayed my plants for all bugs and inoculated the root zone with merit75. I did not see anything in the medium but wanted to take care of everthing. The whole time i was feeding my normal GH feed of 3ml Grow 5ml Micro 7ml Bloom with 5ml Cal/Mag.
Could this be a case of root rot??? These girls are in Roots Organics Soiless and have always been super healthy and bug free.
I have will fill out the detail sheet tomorrow. Ph is always spot on at 5.8

I am losing this battle and could use some help.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Come on folks- chime in! I'm at a loss. I think I've actually seen this a few years ago and forget what the fuck was going on. If similar maybe it presents as Magnesium and progresses to hell???

Yeah, memory has a group of four or five plants that descended into bullshit and I chopped them all. RIP bitches.

datDANK

datDANK

just keep everything super simple and use enzymes like root excel... you'll be fine

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Ok so i have addressed several issues and have not been able to fix the problem. The problem started 3 weeks ago and displayed the same symptoms that are shown in the photo.
View attachment 327698 View attachment 327699 View attachment 327700
I flushed the plant with water and Dutch Masters Zone and then created my own tea. My tea consisted of worm casting, Baseline Granular, Great White, and some Molases. About 5 days later i thought i had saved them. The new growth looked green and good.
I then watered one time and the next day i started to see the burned leaves and the lack of vigor in my plants. Two of them never bounced back, and these are my moms.
I then took measures and sprayed my plants for all bugs and inoculated the root zone with merit75. I did not see anything in the medium but wanted to take care of everthing. The whole time i was feeding my normal GH feed of 3ml Grow 5ml Micro 7ml Bloom with 5ml Cal/Mag.
Could this be a case of root rot??? These girls are in Roots Organics Soiless and have always been super healthy and bug free.
I have will fill out the detail sheet tomorrow. Ph is always spot on at 5.8

I am losing this battle and could use some help.

Sorry to see your moms like that... I see a few things going on there... You definitely had an overfeed issue at one point then it turned into uptake/lockout issue, thus showing Mag deficiency to name 1.
Your best course of action right now would be to take clones immediately.. I see plenty of green tops that are cloneable, this way you will at least save the genetics and start fresh mothers.. Don't risk loosing your genes by trying to nurse them back to life..

Next cut off all the burnt leaves and monitor the new growth... Foilar with kelp and maybe some epsom and see if there is any progress.
What was your runoff PPM when you flushed?
What is your total PPM of your feed?
Are you using RO?
Also how old were your moms? It could very well be a root zone issue at this point..
How often do you Feed?
Any fliers/bugs around?
And fill out the detail form when you get a chance...

Peace!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I've dealt with this kind of thing a few times over the years. It is most likely a ph and/or a root rot issue from what I've experienced. I NEVER had this problem when I kept my mothers in pure coco in smart pots. Seems to be a soil issue for me. Mothers just do better in pure coco IME. Try using the Heavy16 foliar as well, that stuff is amazing.

Calibrate your ph meter...actually, just buy a new probe and go from there. Switch to coco for mothers if that's not what you're currently using. They do so much better in coco it's ridiculous. I'm kicking myself in the ass daily for switching to soil for my moms (out of laziness) and they'll be back in coco very soon.

edit: I see you're in RO Soiless. I have zero experience with this product but I do find that they're original potting soil and Greenfields stay far too moist for far too long. My current mothers are in RO Greenfields and I've had very similar problems. Pure coco and 10 gal fabric pots for the win man!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
just keep everything super simple and use enzymes like root excel... you'll be fine

You mean like Hygrozyme or Cannazym right? I'm a fan of the KISS method but Roots Excel will not even come close to fixing a problem like this. That stuff may be expensive but it's no miracle in a bottle. It works great for clones and early veg but that's about it IMO. The OP has a much bigger issue here that doesn't have an easy fix.

B

Bangarang

Cool. I appreciate all of the feedback.
Sorry to see your moms like that... I see a few things going on there... You definitely had an overfeed issue at one point then it turned into uptake/lockout issue, thus showing Mag deficiency to name 1.
Your best course of action right now would be to take clones immediately.. I see plenty of green tops that are cloneable, this way you will at least save the genetics and start fresh mothers.. Don't risk loosing your genes by trying to nurse them back to life..

Next cut off all the burnt leaves and monitor the new growth... Foilar with kelp and maybe some epsom and see if there is any progress.
What was your runoff PPM when you flushed?
What is your total PPM of your feed?
Are you using RO?
Also how old were your moms? It could very well be a root zone issue at this point..
How often do you Feed?
Any fliers/bugs around?
And fill out the detail form when you get a chance...

Peace!

I took a round to start some new moms but i really need my stalk. Sad.

Havent checked runoff PPM or Ph
Total PPM is 1100 or an EC of 2.0-2.2
The HB is 3 years, the DH is 1.25, the LA Con is 1.25, and the little GS Cookie is only 2 months.
No RO
I feed when they are light. I check them every day and always have.
There were a couple if gnats and i mean maybe 10. But after the merit there will be nothing.

B

Bangarang

What is going on with the slight burning in the last picture of the GS Cookie? I feel like this is how it all started.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Ok .... please excuse me if this is out of place as I am only at an intermediate level of gardening..... but thats what mine looked like when they were root bound in the pot I was using .... I had to water daily (instead of weekly) was the other sign. They look like they are overfed, and burnt.

I changed pots, and budda bing .... all was saved.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
to me i see a mag issue, soem light and heat issues and it looks like you may have let them dry out to much. cut off the dead leaves, give it plain water next time around. once the plants start to lighten up a little go back to your feed if your worried about lock out. you could always take some cuts and start new moms.

B

Bangarang

to me i see a mag issue, soem light and heat issues and it looks like you may have let them dry out to much. cut off the dead leaves, give it plain water next time around. once the plants start to lighten up a little go back to your feed if your worried about lock out. you could always take some cuts and start new moms.

I think you are spot on. They are in a new home and the AC is not functioning yet. I already took some cuts and started that process but still a couple months away.

B

Bangarang

Ok .... please excuse me if this is out of place as I am only at an intermediate level of gardening..... but thats what mine looked like when they were root bound in the pot I was using .... I had to water daily (instead of weekly) was the other sign. They look like they are overfed, and burnt.

I changed pots, and budda bing .... all was saved.

The LA is in a 15 gal smart pot so it is definitely not root bound. I also do not think that i have overfed them but could be wrong.
If you notice i am not burning the tips i am getting some signs of either P or K deficiency.

Thanks

B

Bangarang

What do you think is the cause of the outer edges of the leaves turning light green? I am seeing this on others.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
get a fan blwoing over the top of them and get the temps down

souf69

souf69

My two cents.. Check your ph runoff first of all, second whats the humidity like?
third turn your regimen around to 7g5m3b instead of 357. fourth get a thermostat with high low reading.
fifth, trim the garbage way off.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I keep looking at the pics and I just think you have soggy roots and a ph issue Bang. My mothers looked exactly the same a couple months ago. I thought I was going to loose everything and couldn't figure out what was going on. I changed the filters in my RO, got a new ph meter, gave 'em a little transplant and now everything is back to near perfect health. I was surprised at how soggy some of the roots were when transplanting, especially the OG's. I'm switching all my mother stock back to pure coco asap.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Cool. I appreciate all of the feedback.

I took a round to start some new moms but i really need my stalk. Sad.

Havent checked runoff PPM or Ph
Total PPM is 1100 or an EC of 2.0-2.2
The HB is 3 years, the DH is 1.25, the LA Con is 1.25, and the little GS Cookie is only 2 months.
No RO
I feed when they are light. I check them every day and always have.
There were a couple if gnats and i mean maybe 10. But after the merit there will be nothing.

The PH Runoff doesn't really matter, its not going to be accurate, the proper way to check PH is take some part of the medium from the rootzone and mix it with water at 5:1 ratio (5 parts water, 1 part medium ) with distilled water, shake it real well and test PH.

The PPM runoff is very important, this will let you know if you're over feeding them or not, if the runoff PPM is higher then what you're putting in then most likely you're over feeding..
Your feed EC seems a bit high for moms, unless you flushing in between feeds.. I'd drop that down a bit.. But i'm not sure what your tap PPM is? You were definitely overfeeding I can clearly see tip burns, That GS looks like its starting to get over fed.. I'd suggest you check the runoff PPM on her before she gets worse...

Its good to make new moms about every year especially if you're running into problems, also think about trimming the rootball down and add some fresh medium on the sides and bottom.
You're on the right track by taking clones, so if these don't bounce back you're still good. Apply the above techniques and you should be OK.. The light green you're asking about looks to be a combination of MAG deficiency and heat stress. KidTwist, Delae and Tommy gave some good advise as well....

Peace!

souf69

souf69

Either way just check the runoff. Everything you put in will be toxic if the ppm or ph runoff is wack.
A good flush once a week really helps too.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Salt buildup in my opinion. Flush with Florakleen or a similar salt leaching solution. Feed with water, humates (like diamond nectar), and seaweed or something similar (kelp, liquid karma, micro, ect) and light like 1/2 strength of normal at your normal feeding/water schedule for a week and flush with salt leaching solution again. Avoid the cal/mag, that could be part of your salt issue at the moment but bring it back in with your regular mix when you see a little healthy new growth. They actually don't look THAT bad. Mom's in dirt tend to build up salts and need a really good flush with salt leaching solution every now and then. If you just flush with water and the ppm's of the flush come out ok it can be misleading as the salts aren't dissolving in the water and need the leaching solution to clear out the buildup.

Top Bottom