Help, my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere

• Thread starter Ez trip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Ez trip

Hey guys
My plant is having a crises
Was fine (except of a bit curly leaf ), the next day the leafs where wilting (like a 100 year old dick), it looked like crap. When i took it to flush, i noticed that the draining holes was cloghed ( stuck), so i opend it .
then i thought its to much N ( i use biobizz grow,bloom,max by chart week 6 of flowering)
The next day, it dot worst. Brown spots apeer, the leaf beacame stiff and crispy like, so i flushed it with a hoze (tap water, i realized the chlorine issue a bit late) and now it sits waiting to dry. It smells like hey.
The yellowing and dying and browing of fan leaf is increasing, spots appeer also on the bud leafs (only outer side) and it lokks like the pistils are becoming brown and dry faster
As you see by the pic, im an amature, student, low low budget, and i aso have a bit of 65% humidity and 86 degree issues for 2 hours each day. (Cant help it, light time possibilty, due to safty)
I would appriciate every little thing that can help.
It probebly suffers from just about anything possible except of insect and mold.....😩
Attached photos of good shape and bad shape.
Thank you and good times

Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 2
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 3
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 4
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 5
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 6
Help my plant is having a crises leafs wilting everywhere 7
Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm a little confused. Some of the pictures look good, and some look like you fed them with gasoline! The bad ones look like classic nutrient burn. When they say burn, it's because the leaves get crispy, like they were burned. Too much nutrients screws with the roots ability to take up water and nutrients... if bad enough, it will quickly reverse the process and draw water out of your plant, giving the wilted look. If it was overwatered, the leaves usually get droopy and yellow, but not crispy. I would flush the shit out of them... they are pretty far gone already and flushing won't kill them off any faster unless your roots are also rotted from standing in water/nutes.
Sativa, like what it looks like you have, often have yellowing leaves at the end of flowering and might lose most larger leaves. This could also be part of what you are seeing since you look fairly close to harvest.

visajoe1

visajoe1

what is temps? she is definitely nute burned and also looks hot in there. it looks like you're in soil, so just give it tap water ph'd to 6.5. the humidity is fine as long as you plenty of air movement in there

E

Ez trip

what is temps? she is definitely nute burned and also looks hot in there. it looks like you're in soil, so just give it tap water ph'd to 6.5. the humidity is fine as long as you plenty of air movement in there
The usuale temps are 77 with 48% avg, somtimes less with ac
So i will ph tap water and flush the hell of it.
Will it revive the leafs or are they gone ?
Should i nutre after flush or let it dry ? How can i check the roots ? Can i move it to fabrick bucket insted of plastic ? It 6 weeks into flowering

az2000

az2000

My plant is having a crises
Was fine (except of a bit curly leaf ), the next day the leafs where wilting (like a 100 year old dick),
When i took it to flush, i noticed that the draining holes was cloghed ( stuck), so i opend it .

You emphasized the sudden deterioration. Did you do anything different? Did you feed differently?

Were you watering/feeding enough to get runoff. I.e., it sounds like you weren't if the drain holes were plugged (and you didn't know it until you had to flush). If you weren't getting any runoff, that's bad. If you were overfeeding it would build up worse than if you had 10% runoff. But, worse: the soil could have stayed wet with excess water held in [what became] a bucket. That could mean root rot.

With those unreflected CFLs, you they probably use fewer nutrient in the soil. You probably need t o feed less than a plant that's lit more strongly.

I know this doesn't address your current issue. But, if you ever want to talk about replacing those CFLs with $1.25 LED lightbulbs, talk to me. You'll get 2-3x more lihgt on the plant (using 33% less energy). It's really a big change. Instead broadcasting the lumens in all directions, they all go in one direction. The bulbs cost the same as a CFL. But, get a phenomenal increase in light going *on the plant* where you want it. The difference is night and day (especially for 33% less electricity.). You should talk to me before your next grow. It's a cheap source of light (lots of light compared to an omni CFL).

Reactions: Ina
E

Ez trip

You emphasized the sudden deterioration. Did you do anything different? Did you feed differently?

Were you watering/feeding enough to get runoff. I.e., it sounds like you weren't if the drain holes were plugged (and you didn't know it until you had to flush). If you weren't getting any runoff, that's bad. If you were overfeeding it would build up worse than if you had 10% runoff. But, worse: the soil could have stayed wet with excess water held in [what became] a bucket. That could mean root rot.

With those unreflected CFLs, you they probably use fewer nutrient in the soil. You probably need t o feed less than a plant that's lit more strongly.

I know this doesn't address your current issue. But, if you ever want to talk about replacing those CFLs with $1.25 LED lightbulbs, talk to me. You'll get 2-3x more lihgt on the plant (using 33% less energy). It's really a big change. Instead broadcasting the lumens in all directions, they all go in one direction. The bulbs cost the same as a CFL. But, get a phenomenal increase in light going *on the plant* where you want it. The difference is night and day (especially for 33% less electricity.). You should talk to me before your next grow. It's a cheap source of light (lots of light compared to an omni CFL).
Hi
Thanks for repling
I didnt do anything different.
I watered it 2 litters ( about half a gallon) every 3 days. It berly run out of the bottom, i thought it was thirsty due to the soil was half way dry, didnt check the lower half but the drain plate was dry.
Can i take it out to see if there is a root problem ?
The light is actually 2 x 50 watt cfl and 1 x 50 watt led mini garden projector, so its about 150 watt of 2700k, and all together around 10,000 lum
I scooped from here and there

Last edited:
visajoe1

visajoe1

The usuale temps are 77 with 48% avg, somtimes less with ac
So i will ph tap water and flush the hell of it.
Will it revive the leafs or are they gone ?
Should i nutre after flush or let it dry ? How can i check the roots ? Can i move it to fabrick bucket insted of plastic ? It 6 weeks into flowering
this late in flowering, i wouldnt recommend taking it out of the pot. you dont want to stress it any more than it is. the old leaves probably will not recover, but the damage will hopefully stop expanding. check the roots after the grow. feed 1 ec in one week from today (500ppm on .500 scale), water appropriately until then. she's probably not drinking much now

az2000

az2000

Can i take it out to see if there is a root problem ?

I don't know. I've never had root rot. I've read that you can smell the soil, the drain holes and supposed to know if you have it. But, I don't know what smells like. Maybe someone can add to that (and whether it would be beneficial to pull the rootball out to look).

My concern was that you said the drain holes were plugged. If it sat in its stew, that would be a big risk.

It sounds like you're at least prone to salt buildup if you didn't get much runoff. (Next time I would do 10% runoff. It won't prevent a problem. But, it can avoid one if you're not feeding too strong.).

The light is actually 2 x 50 watt cfl and 1 50 watt led mini garden progector, so its about 150 watt of 2700k, and all together around 10,000 lum
I scooped from here and there

You probably measured lux. That's the amount of lumens falling on a spot. I think there are variations in how they report that number (maybe not something that can be calibrated. I've seen different "factors" for comparing one meter to another.).

I don't know what distance you tested. But, a few years ago I measured lux falling on a 2x2 square (17 measurements from the center to the outer edge). The 25w CFL bulb was at an 18" height. The bare bulb's average reading was 424. Adding a reflector: 1054.

Just adding a reflector is a 149% increase. (So, whatever your measurement is, it could be that much higher using a reflector. Or, use a lower-watt bulb for less heat if that were an issue, and you didn't need more light.).

But, household LED lightbulbs are directional by nature. The LEDs are typically mounted on the base of the socket, pointing straight up. All you have to do is cut the plastic diffusion off (hacksaw) and you immediately had directional light. You don't need to buy a reflector.

Back when I measured that CFL, I measured a 16w GE Brightstik (a 100w-equiv bulb, just like the 25w CFL). With the plastic diffusor cap removed, and at the same height as the CFL: 1639. That's a 287% increase over the bare CFL hanging in the air.

They don't make the Brightstik anymore. A Philips 15.5w (A19 bulb) measured 1505 (a 255% increase). They don't make it anymore either.

I'm in the process of measuring the currently available bulbs. (This time I'm measuring PAR, not lux.). So far, they're all in the same performance range. I think the Cree bulb (Home Depot) is the best performer. But, dollar-per-par watt, the GE "basic" sold at Lowes is the winner. (But, I'm still playing with it. Just samping a few that I think would be representative.).

I'm really sure you could get more light on the plants without much expense. Probably cheaper than 50w CFLs. (What do those cost?). Less energy use (although, if you're in a cold climate and benefit from the generated heat, that's goodness.).

Sorry, I know you have other issues to focus on. But, next time you grow you should talk to me about this. More light could cause them to eat more, and you wouldn't have as much of a problem as you do now. (It might not be completely unrelated.).

I just cringe when I see all that light radiating into open space.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

lesson learned and valuble info learned,now you know the process of water curing,flush the crap from pot every watering and plant feeds on itself getting ride of all nutrients,bad side is now the soil is just mud,if you reuse it you will have to re-amend and get bioligy back for next use,weed does taste fine by the way and once dried it ready to go freedy,i just dont like having issues with cooking soil again for another grow,got a buddy in new mexico that does all his growing outdoors,ground grow and he water cures his plants,only issue is drenching the soil leaves a whole lot of clay to deal with gypsum is key,if you plan on reusing that soil re-amend flushing washes every thing out and leave you a big ole mud pie

E

Ez trip

Here are some photos from now
It seems like the buds are getting browner and the bud leafs too.
The bud kind of lost its green and looks pale.
The buds smell good, but the overall smell, turned from weed smell to hey (kind of wet grass smell).
Also, the hairs (pistils) look dry and yelowish.

20190806 083430
20190806 083526
20190806 083411
20190806 083425
20190806 083515
20190806 083519
20190806 083407
20190806 083453
20190806 083459
20190806 083445
20190806 083448
20190806 083435
20190806 083440
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The buds smell good, but the overall smell, turned from weed smell to hey (kind of wet grass smell).
on my end that plant looks like harvest time,did you check your thric's,frost showing like that should be close,i harvest right when they are all cloudy,i like a speedy buzz

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That plant is nowhere near done, something's killing it & quick! what did you change recently did you spray and/or feed anything different before this started? Tell us what you've done differently in the last 7-10 days

az2000

az2000

That plant is nowhere near done, something's killing it & quick! what did you change recently did you spray and/or feed anything different before this started? Tell us what you've done differently in the last 7-10 days

The way he said it happened suddenly, I asked the same thing. I think he had a heat problem. One grow I would dial my variac down during lights out, and turn it back up before lights on. One morning i overslept. Lights had been on for 2-3 hours without enough air moving. This was a week or two before harvest. That weed had a hay smell, turned brown like that. It was immediate.

E

Ez trip

Ok. Fuck me. I just noticed, im using humidity absorber like damprid, which contains calcium chloride. I noticed the muist container contains a bit less fluid than it did. Maybe a bit spell into the soil. Also i see that the plant is hardly drinking and the room smells like wet hey.
Perhaps the salt from the calcium chloride are interopting the plant to drink?
Help 😩 i spent 3 months on her and she is dumping me like that ? Not even an sms...lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ok. Fuck me. I just noticed, im using humidity absorber like damprid, which contains calcium chloride. I noticed the muist container contains a bit less fluid than it did. Maybe a bit spell into the soil. Also i see that the plant is hardly drinking and the room smells like wet hey.
Help 😩 i spent 3 months on her and she is dumping me like that ? Not even an sms...lol
Something did!? I would flush the hell out of that if that's a suspicion because something took that plant down quick and still taking it down from the looks of it

That sativa still has a few months to go so I don't know brother is not going to be many leaves left maybe some will grow back I don't know what to tell you on that one but it seems like something poisoned it

I would raise the light and turn it down as low for a day or so, and flush it well if it were my plant and I suspected that, because something happened to it recently something changed to affect it like that?

FatManatee

FatManatee

You need more watts for flowering (and a higher quality watt source). Many times these "50w" CFL lamps are only 5-10 watts actual power. They are also very inneficient producing actual PAR output, and cause a lot of heat. I would suspect you have problems with heat stress, and overnuting, as the plants won't be able to take up all the nutrients in the soil, because they are not photosynthesizing correctly, due to innefficient lights.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I took another look at your picture regarding that blue humidity thing, I bet you that's what happened! either it overflow or it spilled somehow, at least now you figured it out maybe you can flush it out and move it to somewhere else, hold back the feed keep the lights low and see how it does for a couple days is what I would recommend

the rrock

the rrock

I would pull and salvage what you can and start over,those buds will start drying up and get squirelley (turn brown)before you know it. Have you inspected the roots?I had this happen eons ago and it was root damage from root aphids if I recall. It would be a miracle if you turn these plants around.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I would pull and salvage what you can and start over,those buds will start drying up and get squirelley (turn brown)before you know it. Have you inspected the roots?I had this happen eons ago and it was root damage from root aphids if I recall. It would be a miracle if you turn these plants around.
I didn't want to be the one telling you mister trip, but I agree with the rock on this one, sorry buddy :/

E

Ez trip

Hi
How do i check the roots? I dont want to stress it?
Shold i move her to a fabric bag ?

Top Bottom