Help my plants are wiltering

• Thread starter Platinumhand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Platinumhand

I am growing in Fox form soil and using only buggy brew compost tea foil spray with pure protein as a foliar spray. The temperature's flush rate between 65 and 80 And my humidity be between 45 and 65. Why are my plants wiltering.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Did you spray the plant while lights on?
You need to provide more information, when are you deciding to water? How often have you watered it?

Trixie

Trixie

Your plants are unhappy when you sprayed them with foliar spray. I don't spray anything on my leaves because if you clog the stomata the leaves will look like above. That tea will work better as a soil drench with light applications. I try my best to mimic mother nature and keep it simple.

P

Platinumhand

Did you spray the plant while lights on?
You need to provide more information, when are you deciding to water? How often have you watered it?
I did spray with the lights on and I was watering Also with the lights on I only water when it's dry. 💡 I Water it a little early the last time. Do you think that may have caused it . But I try not to over water. However iv never seen it do this it is as if it's melting

TSD

TSD

Yeah never spray anything with lights on, also looks overwaterd, possibly root issues due to that... how do you determine when it's dry? About how long do you go between waterings? I'd lower light intensity significantly while she's sick and you're trying to fix it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Spraying with the lights on, while not a good idea, didn't cause this. What worries me is that part of the plant is more or less turgid, while other parts are wilting.

If there was root rot from watering too often, the whole plant should look like the wilted parts. What would cause only part of the plant to do this? Was the fan blasting some parts of the plant, but not all?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
when did you put it into that pot and was it centered? The sides of fabric pots dry out much quicker - your plant being partially okay like @mysticepipedon said makes me wonder if your roots are too big or poorly placed onto one side

how often would you say you water her?

S

Stonemason7767

I foliar spray every week until the 3 week flower.i always turn the lights all the way down and wait until about 2 hours before lights out.have you sprayed them before with what ever your using or was this the first time for foliar feeding.i would dim you lights until we figure it out.

P

Platinumhand

I foliar spray every week until the 3 week flower.i always turn the lights all the way down and wait until about 2 hours before lights out.have you sprayed them before with what ever your using or was this the first time for foliar feeding.i would dim you lights until we figure it out.
Yes I sprayed with it before Thanks for the tip I will spray right before lights out and dim thelights also. It's lights out now. My lights are at 75% and been @ 75% for about a week

P

Platinumhand

Spraying with the lights on, while not a good idea, didn't cause this. What worries me is that part of the plant is more or less turgid, while other parts are wilting.

If there was root rot from watering too often, the whole plant should look like the wilted parts. What would cause only part of the plant to do this? Was the fan blasting some parts of the plant, but not all?
I did have the fan blowing on one part of a bit then when I notice turned the pot around And move the fan up

P

Platinumhand

when did you put it into that pot and was it centered? The sides of fabric pots dry out much quicker - your plant being partially okay like @mysticepipedon said makes me wonder if your roots are too big or poorly placed onto one side

how often would you say you water her?
I only water when she's dry So maybe every two days if needed. I put her in the pot December 12

P

Platinumhand

Yeah never spray anything with lights on, also looks overwaterd, possibly root issues due to that... how do you determine when it's dry? About how long do you go between waterings? I'd lower light intensity significantly while she's sick and you're trying to fix it.
I will be lowering the light

S

Stonemason7767

Let her dry out and lower the light intensity. Is it just one plant that looks like this. I would say its some kinda root problem,mabey from overwatering. I killed my fair share of plants in the past but have never had one do this.hopefully someone with a little more experience chimes in.could be the the light intensity. Did it do this right after you foliar fed the first time with your lights turned up to 75%? It might be just as simple as lights are to bright for its age.

TSD

TSD

I only water when she's dry So maybe every two days if needed. I put her in the pot December 12
I doubt 2 days is long enough in between. Obviously every environment and plant is different but mine go at least 5 days between sometimes a week, fabric pots are a little faster, but I have holes all up mine so not that different. You probably need at least 3 or 4 days. You should get a cheap moisture meter. I still say probably something going on with the roots, I don't know what else would cause that kind of wilt... maybe root rot is just starting to set in due to chronic overwatering? Maybe a some type of root zone pest? Is it an auto or photo and when did it sprout? You should get it up off the floor on a riser too for airflow. Your leaves are quite swollen, so I would say overwatering is likely.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Very strange. Try shutting off the fan for a couple of hours and see how she looks.

Here's a good "watering primer" on this site. With soil, water only when dry, then make sure ALL soil in the pot is wet when you're done. Then don't water again until the soil is dry again. Most people use the weight of the pot to decide when it needs water.

I can't say that she looks over watered though.

Another reason parts of plants go limp while the rest is fine is plant disease, but it doesn't really look diseased.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

I did spray with the lights on and I was watering Also with the lights on I only water when it's dry. 💡 I Water it a little early the last time. Do you think that may have caused it . But I try not to over water. However iv never seen it do this it is as if it's melting
Looked like you did to me, why i asked.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Your plants are unhappy when you sprayed them with foliar spray. I don't spray anything on my leaves because if you clog the stomata the leaves will look like above. That tea will work better as a soil drench with light applications. I try my best to mimic mother nature and keep it simple.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ your days could be coming to an end soon.. seriously you out here to just blurt out useless information..

Top Bottom