Help! My plants have gone to crap!

• Thread starter Sponty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JSC_

Hi!

Started some seedlings off, they were going amazing. This is my first time trying to grow! The seedlings were about 3-4 weeks old.

Before bed I checked on them and they seemed to be doing very well. One more than the other. Upon coming down the following morning to do a routine check they both looked completely dead and flopped over!

I'm really bummed out as they were doing great the night before and I had been routinely checking things. I don't mind them being too far gone to save as long as I learn why it's happened so it doesn't happen again next time.

Is this a sign of overwatering?

Thank you.
Okay, I think I figured out what's happened. The wrong plug was plugged in without me remembering to unplug it before bed and this plug is for my construction heater for the shed itself. It was left on with the tent door open and pretty much cooked everything in the tent.

I filled a tray up with water so it was only just touching the rockwool cubes so they could just suck up what they needed and long behold, this morning the plants were trying to lift themselves back up!

Will keep a very close eye on them and maybe even place them into the DWC system tonight if they're looking better once I'm home.

Thank you all!
Next time you germinate a seed just use a small germination station and jiffy plugs (I use rockwool cubes) and leave them in there on the heat mat with the dome lid on until you see roots coming out the bottom of the plug. Keeps it simple for me. I add a submersible pump and top drip feed until the roots touch the water then just pull the pump out and drop in an air stone. I’m sure everyone has their own preferred way but that works well for me.

Sponty

Sponty

I've set everything up now and they seem to be recovering slowly. Thank you everyone for the tips and help. It really saved me and solved a few things for me!

Top Bottom