HELP, PH keeps going threw the roof

• Thread starter Burntup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burntup

Burntup

I’ll test that now I have extra stones, on the hydroton test should I just drop some in the water with it I guess

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I saw a guy on another site few years back that had too strong air bubbles & got foam, I can't recall if it caused him pH issues or not? Not saying that's what you got going on it, just brought that back to mind is all, good luck

Edit: I searched here and found this hope it helps.. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/foam-in-my-res-could-really-use-some-help.17589/post-301743
Yup heard of this too. Last thing was going to unplug the air pump wait for an hour and test. Usually that occurs when you have a lower buffering capacity. You need so little acid that as it breaks down the ph shifts fast

Burntup

Burntup

I saw a guy on another site few years back that had too strong air bubbles & got foam, I can't recall if it caused him pH issues or not? Not saying that's what you got going on it, just brought that back to mind is all, good luck

Edit: I searched here and found this hope it helps.. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/foam-in-my-res-could-really-use-some-help.17589/post-301743

My air pump is probably to big but I was hoping more air more better but probably part of the issue

Burntup

Burntup

It’s been about 15 min so far I started with 0ppm and 8.3ph after 15 on air where at 6.3ph I’m not even sure what this means, I got a gallon of water waiting on next test with hydroton after this one

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s been about 15 min so far I started with 0ppm and 8.3ph after 15 on air where at 6.3ph I’m not even sure what this means, I got a gallon of water waiting on next test with hydroton after this one
So airstone are raising the ph to 8.3? Can you test the ph of your RO water? I know it won't be accurate but wanna see the difference

Burntup

Burntup

No you miss read started with RO 8.3 ph then after 20 min or air stone I’m at 6.2 now

Burntup

Burntup

Second test with ro went to 6.4 with hydroton so both are more less same

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Second test with ro went to 6.4 with hydroton so both are more less same
Yup... Ok so unplug the air pump for an hr. Check ph periodically and see if it starts dropping.

You add nothing to your mixed nutes before adding to res correct?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you notice any white powder in the bottom of your res?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just gonna keep going at this till we get it throwing out info here and there.

You testing ph with the same probe in both premixed and res right?

Mix the ph down with water before adding to prevent precipitation of some nutrients typically calcium carbonate. Not likely but why not

Burntup

Burntup

This Rez batch is 2 days old I put a mix of ro and tap was 100ppm mixed Nutes in then left over night running next day I lowered the ph to 5.5 let run for some hrs to make sure it was stable at 5.5 put plants in and up to 7ph in a hr or 2, I’m running the same batch without air right now to see if ph drops, last time I tried this it did not budge, it’s currently at 6.9 ph waiting a hr to pass or should I ph it down the run 1 hr

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And yes using the same probe in every test
Wait a min. You are only phing what your adding.... The ph will naturally go up in the res so you need to ph lower for your addition to bring the res ph back down.

You will need to slowly add ph to the res to get the res ph down and stable. Then when topping up you will likely need lower ph to drift the res back down.

If this is the case I am a moron.

Top Bottom