HELP, PH keeps going threw the roof

• Thread starter Burntup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burntup

Burntup

Hu? I put in water then add Nutes I think it’s around 7 after that I run over night then next day add ph down am I out of order on this

Burntup

Burntup

So ph my water first to 5.5 then add Nutes run for some time then adjust ph if needed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hu? I put in water then add Nutes I think it’s around 7 after that I run over night then next day add ph down am I out of order on this
Ok RDWC system with res correct? If you start from scratch and fill add nutes then ph possibly adjust in a couple hours your ph should rise a bit each day. This is normal.

But when you add to it you are only phing the water you add so the ph will climb.

Say 50 gal water total ph of 7.0 you add 5 gallons of nutes back to the system ph'ed at 5.5. your ph may drop 0.1 after mixing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If the air off is not making a difference after its off for an hour then. Dilute some ph down in water and add a little every 30min until the whole system ph is where you want it. Then when adding back to the system you will have to get a feel for how much lower you need to make the ph to get the system ph in order.

Generally I ph my add backs then ph my system cause I'm to dam lazy. I got a good feel for it so usually 2 ml brings me from 6.0 back to 5.7 ish

Burntup

Burntup

I don’t think any of that is for me, I’m having issue keeping ph from raising, my 3 bucket system has a 4th bucket called a epicenter, I do have a Rez but haven’t used it at all since have it so many problems, I can drop my ph to any number and with in a hour or 2 it’s 7+ph

Burntup

Burntup

I ran with air off for over a hr and stated with 6.8 in a hr went and looked and it was 7.2 I could ph it to 5.5 and in a hr it would be 7

Burntup

Burntup

I get ya on the Rez lower ph to balance but I can’t even get the system to run without slamming ph to over 7 in 1hr

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The system... So it's not RDWC? Just DWC? I'm just confused as to how it's working if not using the res.

Burntup

Burntup

0EB1C78A 105B 4F01 A59B 2E73724E2997
FF25FFAB 14D9 4E89 A35A 6CA7F56870DB
F94E8894 06D1 486B B210 695EA66F0AFF
B8A238B2 6F89 45D6 B080 96A942A8339F
FB9B9CFF 4AA7 4716 AEA4 77ADD934CFD2

5C3AA52F C711 4965 A0B9 A33803679EDA
A090F5AA 55B5 4FB8 B7E0 3AB72D21CE1C
2BEFB3CD 2CF1 4519 90DD 76FF188253FC
Burntup

Burntup

Yes rdwc new setup haven’t needed res yet since ph is going threw the roof, haven’t had this setup for very long I started them in bubble buckets and still had same problem so I got this setup thinking it would solve have the problem, definitely better system but ph raise is my last HARDESTS problem I can’t solve

Burntup

Burntup

Iv read for months trying to find my solution my head hurts so bad from ph raise nightmares I decided to get on here and ask for help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So it's not recirculating? Going through the epi? I refer to the epi as the res.

Have you tried phing the whole system? Just want to be clear.

The only other thing I can think of is chloramine. RO units can remove chlorine but generally not chloramines.

How old is the carbon filter on your RO unit?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don’t think any of that is for me, I’m having issue keeping ph from raising, my 3 bucket system has a 4th bucket called a epicenter, I do have a Rez but haven’t used it at all since have it so many problems, I can drop my ph to any number and with in a hour or 2 it’s 7+ph
I'd start using the rez, easier to maintain the pH. What are your water temperatures? Are you having temperature fluctuations?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have any ascorbic acid? (Vitamin C) if you do try adding 1000mg to your system. Wait a few hours then ph the whole system.

Burntup

Burntup

Yes it’s recirculating, I don’t have VC my temps are 71 at night up to 77 at most in the day ( house ac) I do everything in my epicenter, just ph down to 5.5 about a hour ago and it’s 6.2 right now and will be 7+ shortly this is driving me insane

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my hero lmao,i was thinking didnt clean rez and have soap residue hahaah im lurking and learning ,im not hydro and this is a stupid question ,but thats how you get answers and problems solved,why arent you using the rez? seems to me the whole idea and seeing all that piping the system should recirculate back to the res ,right?if it not recirculating back to rez it more a less just bubbling what in the small buckets,right or wrong?good call on vit c i use to do that in the city,had clorine and clorimine,clorine easy to do away with clormine dont go any were,vit c seem to do something that benifit the water ,growing in soil

Burntup

Burntup

And yes I ph the entire works every time while it’s flowing, and air was off and still is off

Burntup

Burntup

my hero lmao,i was thinking didnt clean rez and have soap residue hahaah im lurking and learning ,im not hydro and this is a stupid question ,but thats how you get answers and problems solved,why arent you using the rez? seems to me the whole idea and seeing all that piping the system should recirculate back to the res ,right?if it not recirculating back to rez it more a less just bubbling what in the small buckets,right or wrong?good call on vit c i use to do that in the city,had clorine and clorimine,clorine easy to do away with clormine dont go any were,vit c seem to do something that benifit the water ,growing in soil

It is recirculating all the time

Latest posts

Top Bottom