help ph problems and deficiency

• Thread starter Pagliuzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

hi all first time grower here, i'm running an untrained auto just started 6 week (10 days into flowering), as she started flowering 1 week ago yellow leaves started to spread from the bottom ( nitrogen deficiency i think) so i tested the ph of the water ( tap water 7.7 ph 300 ppm ) soil ph of course was tested and turned out 7.7. I flushed with 6.8 ph water and next watering feeded her with only GHE floramicro 5-0-1 half dosage at 6.5 ph. Then i watered again with 6.5 ph water ( ph output 7.48), i feeded her today with 6.5 ph with floramicro half dosage 680 ppm and the ph of the output water was 7.4. Ph is too fukcking high i need to lower it or nitrogen wont be absorbed (as i learned) what can i do? should i add bat guano or something to lower it only water at right ph is too slow. Should i flush again with dunno 5 ph water? waiting for ur answers :)

oh temp was about 86 F for all the time, high i know, now is 76 F its raining, rh is stable at 50-60, growing under mars hydro led, pot is 3 gal, i have to say that during veg was feeded really poorly only twice with all the GHE nuts at half dosage.

Help ph problems and deficiency
Help ph problems and deficiency 2
Help ph problems and deficiency 3
Moshmen

Moshmen

hi all first time grower here, i'm running an untrained auto just started 6 week (10 days into flowering), as she started flowering 1 week ago yellow leaves started to spread from the bottom ( nitrogen deficiency i think) so i tested the ph of the water ( tap water 7.7 ph 300 ppm ) soil ph of course was tested and turned out 7.7. I flushed with 6.8 ph water and next watering feeded her with only GHE floramicro 5-0-1 half dosage at 6.5 ph. Then i watered again with 6.5 ph water ( ph output 7.48), i feeded her today with 6.5 ph with floramicro half dosage 680 ppm and the ph of the output water was 7.4. Ph is too fukcking high i need to lower it or nitrogen wont be absorbed (as i learned) what can i do? should i add bat guano or something to lower it only water at right ph is too slow. Should i flush again with dunno 5 ph water? waiting for ur answers :)

oh temp was about 86 F for all the time, high i know, now is 76 F its raining, rh is stable at 50-60, growing under mars hydro led, pot is 3 gal, i have to say that during veg was feeded really poorly only twice with all the GHE nuts at half dosage.
What medium ya using? Did you add anything to soil?waterin/feeding schedule? Are ya letting the pot dry out enough?do ya water to run off ?

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

Soil Is Atami janeco light mix out of the box pH Is 6 but After 1 month of watering at 7.7 pH soil pH raises at 7.7. add nothing to soil at start my bad. I let soil dry out for sure now, before yellowing i maybe was overwatering.

As said i Just watered for all the veg with 2 feeding in between since yellowing appared i feeded 2 Times in 1 week with floramicro half dosage. Also since yellowing i water to run off and test pH and ppm of run off.

Last edited:
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Way way to much nitrogen.

The reason you think your plant needs nitrogen is because of ph. Stop adding more nitrogen!

You should be feeding your soil with biology.....then the biology will in turn feed your plant.

A 3 part nutrient should be used with ALL 3 parts......not ONE.

It's hard to tell if all that stretching is due to poor lighting, or way to much nitrogen.....probably a little of both.

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

Well ok i fucked up noob errors ill stop adding nitrogen what can i do to lower pH?

Ty all for feedbacks

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Well ok i fucked up noob errors ill stop adding nitrogen what can i do to lower pH?

Ty all for feedbacks
I would say a good flush a real good flush, then re introduce your balanced diet! I’ve had to put on the bathtub before and rinse the shit out of it - definitely not an ideal situation but hey it will work
Not really familiar with your soil
Hopefully you will get some more responses but hats what I would do

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I think you have very hard water 7.7 and 300. either your meters are off or your water is very hard and alkaline. But you might want to pick up some softer ph neutral water somewhere and try flushing your plants

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think you have very hard water 7.7 and 300. either your meters are off or your water is very hard and alkaline. But you might want to pick up some softer ph neutral water somewhere and try flushing your plants
I use my tap water at starting at 8.3 ph and 370 ppm ! It’s all about the makeup man sodt water just adding salts imo the water is ok

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

I would say a good flush a real good flush, then re introduce your balanced diet! I’ve had to put on the bathtub before and rinse the shit out of it - definitely not an ideal situation but hey it will work
Not really familiar with your soil
Hopefully you will get some more responses but hats what I would do
I should flush with 6.5 water or something more acid like 5? Will a solid flush at 6.5 set my soil pH at 6.5? Really my First run ever i have many doubts...

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

Meters should be ok as looking online for city tests and are the same

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I use my tap water at starting at 8.3 ph and 370 ppm ! It’s all about the makeup man sodt water just adding salts imo the water is ok
There is no way flushing with tap water at 7.7 is going to bring his soil ph of 7.7 down Sure you could go and add some ph down to it however he has one plant from what I see so the investment in buying or borrowing from a friend some lower ph water with a lower tds is a good investment in my opinion. However as Moshmen said I would definitely start with a good flush.

Last edited:
Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

There is no way flushing with tap water at 7.7 is going to bring his soil ph of 7.7 down Sure you could go and add some ph down to it however he has one plant from what I see so the investment in buying or borrowing from a friend some lower ph water with a lower tds is a good investment in my opinion. However as Moshmen said I would definitely start with a good flush.
Yeah with meters i bought pH up and pH down so i could water at 6.5. im letting her dry and then ill go with a huge 6.5 flush thankss all for answers

Moshmen

Moshmen

I don’t care what the ph is during flush, as I’m washing out all the unused or built salts and ferts, after I’m done flushing I would then water/feed with a balanced feed and at the proper ph - sorry for the confusion

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah with meters i bought pH up and pH down so i could water at 6.5. im letting her dry and then ill go with a huge 6.5 flush thankss all for answers
The soil will not take on the ph of the water, that’s not how it works the soil is a filter/buffer so to speak

Moshmen

Moshmen

I guess I’m not good at explaining this process and how it works sorry for any confusion . She’s gonna be alright

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

I guess I’m not good at explaining this process and how it works sorry for any confusion . She’s gonna be alright
Hum ok im still a little confused in this stage i cant prepare the soil to be a great pH stabylizer so how i can do to bring the pH down? If water pH isnt bringing down soil pH what can do it?

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Hum ok im still a little confused in this stage i cant prepare the soil to be a great pH stabylizer so how i can do to bring the pH down? If water pH isnt bringing down soil pH what can do it?
I’m gonna tag some one that can help explain the way it works @Aqua Man hey man sorry to volunteer ya but hopefully ya can help I think I’m just confusing them

Moshmen

Moshmen

Again soil doesn’t hold the ph moisture does soil buffers the Elements for instance when I made my own soil I used Dolomites lime in my mixture as a buffer - if you added to much it would cause high ph and I would have to “wash” (flush) it out the best I could and reset.

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

Again soil doesn’t hold the ph moisture does soil buffers the Elements for instance when I made my own soil I used Dolomites lime in my mixture as a buffer - if you added to much it would cause high ph and I would have to “wash” (flush) it out the best I could and reset.
Ok so flushing hard would hopefully restore the original 6 pH of the soil?
With any pH water?

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
To l
To lower soil PH you could use urea(sold a lot here for agriculture) or sulfur.
Urea also has lots of Nitrogen.
But i would be careful, you dont want drastic changes in PH.

Top Bottom