Help Planning Persistent Grow With 4 Plants...

• Thread starter antonvelius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antonvelius

Hi everyone,

I'm from OR, and am in the planning stages of a persistent grow. OR, in it's wisdom, has seen fit to restrict the number of plants I can cultivate legally to 4. Thus, I will need to have my shit dialed in tight in order to "stay smokin" as it were.

My flowering area will be 4x4x7, and I plan on building a seperate veg area. I plan on growing an indica primarily, under a 600 watt hps in dwc buckets and using general hydroponics flora series nutrients.

I would appreciate some assistance with how exactly to go about planning this grow, i.e. should I grow one large plant at a time and top the hell out of it? Is my grow area big enough to grow 2+ lb plants? The idea behind 1 plant at a time is due to seeing what the folks out of Humboldt are able to accomplish in 250-300 gal. containers with soil. I'm talking about the 9+ lb monsters. I figure, since I'm a ways farther north than them, indoor hydro is going to be my best bet. Are there factors I'm overlooking here?

Thanks very much for your time.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

There are a few ways to go about this. You mentioned growing some monster plants; I think this will be your best bet with a limited plant count. Personally, I'd top the living hell out of the plant (or two) and do a big SCROG grow. If you're going to go big, you could run two plants in flower while the other two veg (if you're growing big you're looking at longer veg times) and then repeat the cycle.

As far as yield is concerned, I'll leave this one for the experienced tree farmers. I don't see you getting a 2+ lbs yield with a 600w light, but I'm not an expert on this. A SCROG grow would definitely increase your yield, but I think if you're wanting to pull that kind of weight you'll need more than a 600w light.

You could always look into some fast finishing strains and grow your plants outdoors. Veg the living hell out of them before the season really gets going, transfer them out, etc. There are definitely outdoor growers up there in Oregon (I'll be growing outdoor in Oregon next year).

Best of luck!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Dropping in to sub to this, as I'll probably be a resident of OR again by year's end and definitely will be doing just this. I think growing a monster or two would be your best bet. Need to look at the laws and see what they consider to be a plant though. I know that in the mmj program, they don't consider cuttings to be plants until they have roots, so keep this in mind.

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

Hey Anton,
Not sure how the laws work but do clones count as a plant? If so, you may want to do the two plants in flower staggered four weeks from each other, one in veg, and one clone. If not, add one more to the veg and keep flower plants same age.
One 600 can for sure produce some weight if your environment is dialed and you keep your nutes in check, but probably not 2lbs of good nugs, go for a 1000. I would for sure top and trellis one or two plants under the light and get as many flower sights in that trellis as possible.
Setting up my own smaller scale grow right now. Colorado allows six plants, and with my wife that allows 12 in the household. Mine will be a four plant grow, feel free to steal any ideas!
Good luck!

A

antonvelius

Thank you for the replies thus far everyone. I've only vegged under CFL's in the past whilst growing Trainwreck and am curious about what kind of results I might get by vegging under MH, i.e. could the vegging time possibly be reduced by switching over, or might it allow for more bud sites and shorter internode length? I've decided to just buy a 1000 Watt ballast and flower under 1000 Watt HPS, so would the additional cost of a MH bulb pay off in the long run or should I stick with CFL's?

Also, if I am interested in a tried and true Indica that would be good for neuropathic pain as well as efficacious for sleep, what would y'all recommend? I've heard a bit about Blue Dream but most of my experience has been with Trainwreck and I'm looking for something with a lot more body high and a lot less anxiety inducing properties

I'll most likely have a few more questions within the next couple of days as soon as I figure out a good way to formulate them.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughtful replies, they are very much appreciated.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I've decided to just buy a 1000 Watt ballast and flower under 1000 Watt HPS, so would the additional cost of a MH bulb pay off in the long run or should I stick with CFL's?

Also, if I am interested in a tried and true Indica that would be good for neuropathic pain as well as efficacious for sleep, what would y'all recommend? I've heard a bit about Blue Dream but most of my experience has been with Trainwreck and I'm looking for something with a lot more body high and a lot less anxiety inducing properties

I'll let others chime in about MH vs CFLs as I've always vegged my plants under floro tubes. Some growers swear by MH for veg. I think if you're going for long veg times a MH would be a solid investment, but I'll let the MH growers answer this one.

As far as a pain killing indica goes, I cannot recommend Sensi Seeds Black Domina highly enough. I've found multiple plants that were "mom worthy" in every pack, the genes are very consistently stable, and most importantly the strain packs one hell of a punch. I have very serious insomnia issues (staying awake upwards of 2-3 days sometimes) and black domina puts me into a nod and knocks me out every single time. There are plenty of good strains, but black domina is straight up narcotic. The black domina I grew out gave me full body tingles that came in waves; I use it for my migraines & insomnia. Plus, it finishes fast (50-55 days) which is always nice when you need your meds. I used to toss a few cuts in each grow.

A

antonvelius

Great info! My own insomnia regularly keeps me awake for upwards of 72-96 hours solid, and I'm so tired of having to use benzodiazepines just to quiet my brain down in order to get some decent sleep. I know exactly where you're coming from as far as insomnia is concerned. Thank you for the recommendation.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Great info! My own insomnia regularly keeps me awake for upwards of 72-96 hours solid, and I'm so tired of having to use benzodiazepines just to quiet my brain down in order to get some decent sleep. I know exactly where you're coming from as far as insomnia is concerned. Thank you for the recommendation.

Definitely give black domina a try brother. I got off my pharma sleep medication with black domina. It's definitely not a strain you would want to use unless you're planning on doing nothing or sleeping. ;)

Top Bottom