Help, Please (Herm’d plants)!

• Thread starter Laurie22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Laurie22

Laurie22

I just realized one of the plants in my tent, hermaphrodited. Is that the right way to express it?

At any rate, my question is seeing the pollen released and pollinated these plants, do I need to clean my entire tent before I put plants in there again? Or is the pollen gone?

Laurie22

Laurie22

@HerbalEdu

Can I ask one more quick question? Can you look at these photos and determine the sex of the plant?

She just moved to flower.

Thank you for your help.
79FA0787 F55A 4109 9051 B3A62E19D842

D9E47F3E 3BD0 4FF8 A7E5 47BCF5C3646C
7CF7903F 9BA0 428D A6EE 9BC39B58BF9B
Laurie22

Laurie22

Well, I am learning a lot about sex! Plant sex. But I need a little bit of help. I have done a lot of reading, but nothing replaces experience which you all have. I’m going to post pictures of my plants with my opinion whether they’re male or female and I’m hoping that somebody could chime in and confirm my suspicions. I guess whether they’re feminized or not, they should be checked lesson learned.

They are clones that I took from my last plants, and one of them was either stressed or male. Because I babied the shit out of those plants I’m assuming one of them was male and I missed it.

I think this is a male plant. Am I right?

DDCF811B 1CC5 4B70 918D A0BC7CBA6C7E
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Both of those last 2 pics look like females. If you see the little white hair it means female. Males look like a claw then the ends swell before busting. Some strains are more prone to popping male flowers, usually towards the end of flowering

Laurie22

Laurie22

I love a good mistake. Takes you places you didn’t think ya’d want to go. You learn so much.
I kept decent logs, and okay pictures so I was able to identify the ‘guilty’ plant.
When I enlarged the picture trying to find what I missed, it was so obvious. I can understand why I missed it.

1. I thought all my seeds were feminized.
2. Never looked.
3. Crowded tent - tough to maneuver
4. Plants were easy to ignore as I liked the way the others were growing more

Now I’ll have bunches of seeds to play with, and I’m learning how to sex plants (with your help - thank you)!

I could spend all day playing. Retirement is looking so green. Too bad I gotta wait to see what the economy does.

Mothman

Mothman

I love a good mistake. Takes you places you didn’t think ya’d want to go. You learn so much.
I kept decent logs, and okay pictures so I was able to identify the ‘guilty’ plant.
When I enlarged the picture trying to find what I missed, it was so obvious. I can understand why I missed it.

1. I thought all my seeds were feminized.
2. Never looked.
3. Crowded tent - tough to maneuver
4. Plants were easy to ignore as I liked the way the others were growing more

Now I’ll have bunches of seeds to play with, and I’m learning how to sex plants (with your help - thank you)!

I could spend all day playing. Retirement is looking so green. Too bad I gotta wait to see what the economy does.
I can relate to the seeds. I have one female that sprouted nanners (repeatedly) at about Day 54 or so. Despite plucking them I know I have some self-pollination and some normal pollination. Never saw the pollen but the fans surely circulated what was there.
If I get any mature seeds I’ll likely try them in the fall. Curious to see if my favorite of this harvest got hit.

IMG 3663

This is the one with dual private parts.

Bilber

Bilber

@HerbalEdu

Can I ask one more quick question? Can you look at these photos and determine the sex of the plant?

She just moved to flower.

Thank you for your help. View attachment 1985286

Good evening @Laurie22........

I'm not a professional.........been growing a few years.....reading everything related to cannabis.........different results if you type in Marijuana........yeah.....still doing it......

I will run a bagseed and/or an auto during my grow........sometimes they turn fruity.......= nanners = herm.........

I'll leave it if 1, 2, or possibly 3 flowers show..........I turn the fans off, pull the plants out ( if possible), tweezer the culprits, ( this step should be taken, but no thanks!! ) spray/mist the flower that had nanners, insert plant in grow space, turn fans on, close up shop and hope they are fems.....

Too many flowers with too many nanners and it gets.........✂

not exact, but the science behind what the ratio turnout of seeds are something like.......

35ish % feminized
55ish % hermaphrodite
10ish% male

Yeah......growing is fun.....lots-n-lots to learn........

This is definitely NOT a female.......

20230512 090212
20230512 090306
20230512 090332

Hope this helps.......

GoodListener

GoodListener

When ever I get nanners, I get in my flowering room in the dark during day time, with all outside lights on outside of the flowering room and wait for my eyes to adjust to the pinhole of light beaming in, and put a piece of tape over the hole, or holes. Cheers. Then I take tweezers and pluck the nanners off my buds and keep flowering. I have also heard of breeders blame pollen left over from a previous run on pollinating subsequent runs. Fwiw.

Laurie22

Laurie22

Good evening @Laurie22........

I'm not a professional.........been growing a few years.....reading everything related to cannabis.........different results if you type in Marijuana........yeah.....still doing it......

I will run a bagseed and/or an auto during my grow........sometimes they turn fruity.......= nanners = herm.........

I'll leave it if 1, 2, or possibly 3 flowers show..........I turn the fans off, pull the plants out ( if possible), tweezer the culprits, ( this step should be taken, but no thanks!! ) spray/mist the flower that had nanners, insert plant in grow space, turn fans on, close up shop and hope they are fems.....

Too many flowers with too many nanners and it gets.........✂

not exact, but the science behind what the ratio turnout of seeds are something like.......

35ish % feminized
55ish % hermaphrodite
10ish% male

Yeah......growing is fun.....lots-n-lots to learn........

This is definitely NOT a female.......

View attachment 1985864View attachment 1985863View attachment 1985862

Hope this helps.......
OMG, it certainly does, thank you. I appreciate the pictures and the explanation and the stats on the percentage of the sea break out. Very helpful information.

I look forward to learning more.

Bilber

Bilber

Post by @mgen January 6th, 2010.....in response to a post by @logic under the heading " Breeding for Beginners "......which falls under ' The Breeders Lab ' category........

Sorry I couldn't find it yesterday.......this site is so great....thank you all......

Screenshot 20230526 123026 Chrome

Hope this helps.....

Laurie22

Laurie22

Post by @mgen January 6th, 2010.....in response to a post by @logic under the heading " Breeding for Beginners "......which falls under ' The Breeders Lab ' category........

Sorry I couldn't find it yesterday.......this site is so great....thank you all......

View attachment 1985982

Hope this helps.....
Very cool. Thanks a million. I am learning as much as I can.

My son stopped by and just laughed when he walked in my room - ‘Did ya move in, Ma?’ 🤣

This site is very cool - it’s the people, right?

Laurie22

Laurie22

I mean, if I can’t have sinsemilla, I’d like to at least have seeds from two “contenders.” But I’m not here to grow seeds—they’re the consolation prize when things go sideways! 🏆
What a way to learn, but hey, I’ll never forget!!!

At least one seems to have been spared 😁 and if she is this yummy after a week, after a proper cure it’ll make up for the other pain.

Who doesn’t love a good sensimella?!? But I’ll have to enjoy some fond memories of cleaning weed on cool album covers from back in the day while trying to secure the new seeds. What was your favorite album cover to clean pot on, say 50 years ago?

Thinking of turning a bunch into gummies.

Mothman

Mothman

What a way to learn, but hey, I’ll never forget!!!

At least one seems to have been spared 😁 and if she is this yummy after a week, after a proper cure it’ll make up for the other pain.

Who doesn’t love a good sensimella?!? But I’ll have to enjoy some fond memories of cleaning weed on cool album covers from back in the day while trying to secure the new seeds. What was your favorite album cover to clean pot on, say 50 years ago?

Thinking of turning a bunch into gummies.
I don’t recall what I was cleaning seeds on, but I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon, Clear Spot, Close to the Edge, etc. Memory from that period is sketchy at best.

Top Bottom