Wanted Help Please, New Grower

• Thread starter Dr007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr007

Hi everyone,

I'm a new grower, and on day 41 of my grow. I defoliated 3 days ago, and as I defoliated I noticed that some of the top leaves were yellow (hard to see from the pic). I assumed it was just because the leaves were young but then the spotting appeared on both the upper yellow leaves and some of the lower leaves.
I was worried it was nutrient lockout because I did give it AN big bud (day 32), and then carbo load (day 36), so I flushed it last night. I've been watering with RO water so if it is lockout wouldn't that mean it from the big bud? What do you guys think?

IMG 0565 Small
IMG 0564 Small
IMG 0563 Small
IMG 0566 Small

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what medium you growing in and what kind of lights are you using?

D

Dr007

I think it is fox farm soil, and I am using an 85W Bloomspect SL600 Grow Light with Samsung LEDs, and an Alaghi grow light (not sure of its wattage). Both of them are full spectrum.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i think light stress is part of your issue..
i don’t know those lights but how close are they? do you raise them as the plant grows?
your temps and humidity and airflow are they good?
you just did a nutrient addition and a flush so what change happened after 5-7 days?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I am assuming you are still in veg (day 41) from the look of those plants. Advanced Nutrients "BIG BUD" is a "bloom" booster product used in the flowering cycle. What else are you using to feed your plants?

D

Dr007

i think light stress is part of your issue..
i don’t know those lights but how close are they? do you raise them as the plant grows?
your temps and humidity and airflow are they good?
you just did a nutrient addition and a flush so what change happened after 5-7 days?
They are about 17 inches above the canopy right now, and I think the last time I raised them was around 10 days ago. Temps have been 70-74 degrees Fahrenheit for the last week or so.
Humidity is a lot more difficult for me to control. I have a small humidifier and dehumidifier. But it can fluctuate between 50% and 75%, especially after watering. Typically I have been keeping it in the mid 60s%
I have a fan running constantly for airflow.
I noticed the yellowing while defoliating on day 38 (which was about 6 days after first time using big bud, and 2 days after carbo load), The flush was last night so I haven't seen much change yet.

D

Dr007

I am assuming you are still in veg (day 41) from the look of those plants. Advanced Nutrients "BIG BUD" is a "bloom" booster product used in the flowering cycle. What else are you using to feed your plants?
I had heard that big bud should start being used during pre-flower stage (I started seeing pistols on day 29 and used big bud on day 32) was this a mistake? As for other nutrients, I was using Sensi-bloom in early veg because it was reccomended to me over sensi-grow (their reasoning being that it has nitrogen and other nutes so its still useful during veg), but I think the soil I am using had some nitrogen in it already because I saw symptoms of nitrogen toxicity (burnt and bending leaf tips, and slower growth). So I flushed on Day 22 and my plant seemed to bounce back overnight and began to grow much faster. I stopped using sensi grow after that, and since that happened I only fed it once with big bud and once with carboload.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I see you are using RO water....what are you adding in the way of nutrients to your water when you do feed? Are you adding anything else to your water when you feed, like say AN Micro, Grow, and Bloom, maybe a little B-52 and Cal/ mag?

D

Dr007

I see you are using RO water....what are you adding in the way of nutrients to your water when you do feed? Are you adding anything else to your water when you feed, like say AN Micro, Grow, and Bloom, maybe a little B-52 and Cal/ mag?
Nope, nothing but good ol' RO water. (other than the nutes I've mentioned above). Do you think it might be a Cal / mag deficiency? or perhaps Sulfur?

Last edited:
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I suspect these girls are hungry for base nutrients, which you have not been giving them, except for these 2 flowering products. Advanced Nutrients provides different feeding charts online to help guide you with feeding schedules. In saying that, I find that half of the required nutrients are required for most genetics. Here is a link to their charts to help you with a feeding schedule. Also, you should be adding Cal/mag to RO water whether just watering or feeding.

D

Dr007

I suspect these girls are hungry for base nutrients, which you have not been giving them, except for these 2 flowering products. Advanced Nutrients provides different feeding charts online to help guide you with feeding schedules. In saying that, I find that half of the required nutrients are required for most genetics. Here is a link to their charts to help you with a feeding schedule. Also, you should be adding Cal/mag to RO water whether just watering or feeding.

ok so I should continue to feed with big bud then? You mentioned something about it being to soon?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If the plants are in flower, Mag/ sulfur is better, but if not available cal/ mag will still do the trick as the plant is always looking for Magnesium

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I am assuming that you have access to Advanced Nutrients at your local supplier with the products you already have bought. I use advanced nutrients in my grows also, and though I don't use RO water since my tap gives me 50 ppm already, I use MICRO, GROW, and BLOOM, and add B-52 supplement, and Cal/mag. I usually water on a water, water, water, feed cycle, but I do add Cal/mag when in veg to every watering also. Of course I also make sure my ph is about 6.3 -6.7 always. If you have these for your veg cycle then it will work...and these products are also used all the way to the end of flower.

Top Bottom