Help please! Slow growing plants in coco not drying out

• Thread starter Oblivi0us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PureGardenz

PureGardenz

I agree you can get away with not watering as much for the first week. And if that works for people, awesome. However, I do disagree about the roots not growing well in saturated coco. I put my current grow on the drippers for 3x a day, in 1gal fabric pots of coco/perlite as soon as the germinated seeds broke the surface. I had happy healthy plants with roots poking out everywhere by day 30. Roots will not grow well in saturated soil. They will grow just fine in saturated coco. Especially if they are properly fertigated.
Hey man, I’m currently in 1g bags of pure coco on a drip system and I seem to have to same problem as soon as I hit week 4 into flower, when I’m at 2-3,3-4 times a day of water bags just seem to be soaked and just hold buildup, not sure how to getting ready right volume or water to it

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey man, I’m currently in 1g bags of pure coco on a drip system and I seem to have to same problem as soon as I hit week 4 into flower, when I’m at 2-3,3-4 times a day of water bags just seem to be soaked and just hold buildup, not sure how to getting ready right volume or water to it
I responded in your thread.

Dondank

Dondank

Nothing to add bit this useless statement.

I'm a hydro grower and I know coco should not be compared to soil and is often referred to as hydro. I can say from observation on the forum that I feel it should not be compared to hydro either. There are just to many differences that I my self confuse and give info that may not be the best but makes sense to me when applying hydro processes that I feel I have a very strong grasp on.

Short version I feel coco is not even close to hydro... Or dirt for that matter.

It's awesome reading different experiences of knowledgeable growers in the same media and provides me some great learning experiences. After all it's the ability to apply knowledge to different scenarios that makes a good grower since there is no one fix for any problem in my view.
I have been a victim of this. But hey as long as we learn from our mistakes they don't go in vien 👍

Hey guys noobie here at growing but can someone explain to me the pros and cons of coco, soil, and rockwool?

Thanks much appreciated!

ic0dex

ic0dex

What’s up y’all, I’m having g the same issue. I have a few 3 Gal fabric pots and I’m in flower week 2. She’s not growing and the pots coco is not drying out. I tried flushing it too and it’s still wet. The flow looks nice and green but stopped growing. I do have a AC vent on that side blow, coils that cause the issue?

PH run off is 6.1 I only use Cal-Mag, PSI Bloom, FloraFlex B1 B1 and their bloom foiler once a week.
What else can I look for?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What’s up y’all, I’m having g the same issue. I have a few 3 Gal fabric pots and I’m in flower week 2. She’s not growing and the pots coco is not drying out. I tried flushing it too and it’s still wet. The flow looks nice and green but stopped growing. I do have a AC vent on that side blow, coils that cause the issue?

PH run off is 6.1 I only use Cal-Mag, PSI Bloom, FloraFlex B1 B1 and their bloom foiler once a week.
What else can I look for?
What's the runoff ppm.?

Latest posts

Top Bottom