Help please...what is this problem??

• Thread starter whiskeygirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

is it possible that the aquashield is what helped and not necessarily the switch of base nutes?

W

whiskeygirl

How did your roots get so bad?!?! You would want to get your pH down under 6.0, a lot of your nutes will lock out above that point. I honestly think your main problem is with the roots from the sound of things, and those would be the most important part of your plants....diagnosis does not look good on this one. The H2O2 will help to try to get rid of any fungus that might be living in your root zone but I just wonder how they got so bad off in the first place? Maybe some history behind what happened and some root pics might help?

Here are some pics from today. I noticed a green tint to my roots. I immediately switched from the white buckets to soild dark ones and taped over my airline holes. I also dumped the nutes and made a new batch with 2ml/gallon "Down Under" algaecide, 2ml/gallon H2O2 and 250ppm DM A & B.

I still have no idea why these plants went south. They were doing fine for the first week in the UC. The only thing that changed is that I increased there nutes very slightly. I came in the next day and they all had that leave "crinkle" from then on their growth slowed to a halt. Thats when I pulled them from the UC and put them into individual buckets to nurse them and not waste the UC 100 gallons.

We will see if they can be saved.
WG

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

The roots look healthy and the rest of the plant will follow

asilvrhaze I switched base nutes because I wanted a more balanced base nute with a bunch of goodies in it. I killed it a few runs with DM but had hickups just about every run. I definetly like the aquashield better than the zone I want the bennies.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I have recently switched to Botanicare and I couldn't be happier.
I'm using the CNS-17 with Aquasheild and Magical and the ladies are growing like crazy.
Super simple and very effective.
FJ

lazarus718

lazarus718

Lookin' much better Whiskey, did you end up using the peroxide? Your new growth is looking like you are starting to kick whatever issue you had, good call on the darker buckets and they should cut down on any light penetration.

W

whiskeygirl

Lookin' much better Whiskey, did you end up using the peroxide? Your new growth is looking like you are starting to kick whatever issue you had, good call on the darker buckets and they should cut down on any light penetration.

I didnt add H2O2 until today so whatever I did prior to today must be helping.

Also I was thinking more about how this ever got started. The first week in the UC they grew and looked very healthy. I was crown feeding from the epicenter. It seemed like once a good amount of roots hit the water the plants freeked out. All growth slowed and the leaves crinkled and really started to dry out overnight.

What water level do you guys like to start with in the UC. Up on the net pot or leave an airspace?? I started about an inch up the pot (and left it there).

This was the first run in this UC system so I know there was no desease or bad stuff living.

WG

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep the water line at the bottom of the net pot (an inch up is fine too), until the explosion of root growth ends and the plants begin focusing there energy on flowers.
When root growth has noticeably slowed/stopped drop the solution level an inch or two.
Although dropping the solution level is not a method that all "UC operator's" adhere to, it's one that I would recommend.
The lowering of the nutrient solution at this time allows the moist area in the medium that is most prone to attack from harmful pathogens to dry out.
FJ

Top Bottom