Help please.

• Thread starter Chris Mullen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

Could this be due to over watering as i needed to dampen the soil before transplant

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Could this be due to over watering as i needed to dampen the soil before transplant
Hey Chris, I know you said you were new to growing, just a friendly word of advice, PATIENCE! Most corrections or changes can take a few days or even a week to work out. I remember when first starting I would check my plant every hour, to see how much it grew LoL. Remember, its a weed, give it room to do what it does.

I do have a question? How do you determine how much and how often to water your plant? Do you lift it daily to see how much it weighs during veg to see how much water its drinking? Usually after transplant I will wait a few days before watering again to let everything get settled in checking the pot daily to see how much it weighs. If you give it a full watering noticing how heavy it feels, then check it everyday without watering. You should notice it getting lighter, if its still heavy, hold off on watering till it gets lighter. With that 2.5 gallon pot (10L) you are using, a water bottle like you get from a store (16oz./500ml), every other day should be plenty, though that can change as the plant gets bigger to every day. Since you are new to growing, and I would assume new to that strain, lifting the pot everyday to see how heavy it feels will be critical to learning how/when to water your plant.

Hope that helps! Your plant looks good, she just pouting a bit, getting used to her new home.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey Chris, I know you said you were new to growing, just a friendly word of advice, PATIENCE! Most corrections or changes can take a few days or even a week to work out. I remember when first starting I would check my plant every hour, to see how much it grew LoL. Remember, its a weed, give it room to do what it does.

I do have a question? How do you determine how much and how often to water your plant? Do you lift it daily to see how much it weighs during veg to see how much water its drinking? Usually after transplant I will wait a few days before watering again to let everything get settled in checking the pot daily to see how much it weighs. If you give it a full watering noticing how heavy it feels, then check it everyday without watering. You should notice it getting lighter, if its still heavy, hold off on watering till it gets lighter. With that 2.5 gallon pot (10L) you are using, a water bottle like you get from a store (16oz./500ml), every other day should be plenty, though that can change as the plant gets bigger to every day. Since you are new to growing, and I would assume new to that strain, lifting the pot everyday to see how heavy it feels will be critical to learning how/when to water your plant.

Hope that helps! Your plant looks good, she just pouting a bit, getting used to her new home.
I'm gonna beat some who shall remain nameless ( @MIMedGrower ) to this. It's not a weed. But good advice.

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

I feed it about 1lite every 2-4 days, i lift the pot to see if its heavy and even use a soil moister tester, the leafs were twisted before transplant but i noticed after i heavy watered it, ive moved it in a new 15l pot and pinned a couple of branches back due to over lapping of leafs. I hope it sorts it self out.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I feed it about 1lite every 2-4 days, i lift the pot to see if its heavy and even use a soil moister tester, the leafs were twisted before transplant but i noticed after i heavy watered it, ive moved it in a new 15l pot and pinned a couple of branches back due to over lapping of leafs. I hope it sorts it self out.
A liter seems like a lot, for the size of your plant and for the size pot you were using (10L). Its better to do multiple light waters than 1 heavy, unless there is a point behind it. Like weeks 2, 4, and 6, I do a heavy water then let the plant dry 4-5 days, before getting back to normal watering, but I top dress my plants in soil. I'm new to this site, but I will upload a couple pics tomorrow

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

A liter seems like a lot, for the size of your plant and for the size pot you were using (10L). Its better to do multiple light waters than 1 heavy, unless there is a point behind it. Like weeks 2, 4, and 6, I do a heavy water then let the plant dry 4-5 days, before getting back to normal watering, but I top dress my plants in soil. I'm new to this site, but I will upload a couple pics tomorrow
Look forward to seeing them, ill leave it a few days and then light water them ill let you know how it goes.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

In my opinion I think your plant are showing signs of being overwatered. Ultimately the overwatering will lock out calcium and that will quickly cause imbalances within the plants. The curling of your leaf edges are a pretty good sign that it is a calcium issue.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In my opinion I think your plant are showing signs of being overwatered. Ultimately the overwatering will lock out calcium and that will quickly cause imbalances within the plants. The curling of your leaf edges are a pretty good sign that it is a calcium issue.

Great tip on the curling down leaves! I learned that in a general gardening nutrient guide. Its missing from the cannabis specific guides. They only ever show the rust spots. Which is already an advanced calcium deficiency by then.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What about the lines and thankyou

If they are upper (newer)leaves calcium spots and if low older) leaves magnesium.

Mobile nutrients like NPK and mag show on old leves. Immobile like calcium and iron newer leaves. Because the plant can move stored mobile nutrients where it needs.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Great tip on the curling down leaves! I learned that in a general gardening nutrient guide. Its missing from the cannabis specific guides. They only ever show the rust spots. Which is already an advanced calcium deficiency by then.
Its the slight curl upwards of only the serrated parts of the leaves that tipped me off. Its a really little thing, but it tells so much.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Look forward to seeing them, ill leave it a few days and then light water them ill let you know how it goes.

I took a couple quick photo's so you could see, didn't realize how crappy they were LoL. Top photo in the veg tent you can see how big the plant in the back left is, in a 6.5L pot. It gets 500ml every 2-3 days. One water bottle full. Bottom photo in the flower tent, plant front right just got put in flower, 10L pot it gets 500ml every other day and will get flooded in 2 weeks. The flowered plants are all day 20 and in 6.5L pots, they get 500ml water as needed 1 gets watered every day, 1 every other day, 1 every 3 days, 3 different plants 3 different needs. Chris I am still a novice grower myself, one thing I did learn from an old timer is if you let the plant dry out in veg it forces it to try to find water, increasing root size and the bigger the roots the bigger the fruits. Don't get down on yourself, your plant still looks good, from what I saw and minor corrections, from what the more experienced growers here have said should get you turned around.

20191107 165023
20191107 165334
Top Bottom