Help Plz! Leaf mutations + other leaf concerns

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello, this is my second shot at growing. First time where i can actually watch them daily. Anyway, its in a 5 gal dwc bucket, running two 300w Viparspectras. Got a good air pump and stone. Fox Farm Trio Nutes. The temps are avg 73-78 most times through "day" and "night" is maybe 68-72 Fahrenheit . Rarely i will have a temp fluctuation where i will go as high as 83.8, and my lowest has been 65.3. Not often that has happened. i keep my PH between 5.75 and max sit at 6.1. Only once has PH gone up passed 6.5, where it landed at 7 even. Humidity is usually staying between 40-70 percent, more often 50+. The leaves show yellow spots sometimes with tears. One leaf is turning black on the end as you could see. And another is starting to get some yellow discoloration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any other info ned just let me know. Thank you!
There may be more than one thing going on, but regarding the fifth picture am I seeing tiny white dots or is that just the picture or maybe something spilled?

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

There may be more than one thing going on, but regarding the fifth picture am I seeing tiny white dots or is that just the picture or maybe something spilled?
Tiny white dots of sanded compound /_-
I just recently moved into my home, and had to do some taping and texture on the living room walls. I keep my grow room closed, with weather strips on doors. I put blankets and sheet around the door when i was sanding down the compound, but to no avail. The dang dust gets everywhere. I been wiping down everyday for about a week now and as your spy eye could see, there are specks of evidence on my plant

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

What brand nutes you using?
I'm using the Fox Farm Trio right now. I am honestly looking for a feeding schedule and nutrient list someone may be using in DWC with great results. I dont mind going along learning, but i would love learning why certain things are being mixed in at certain times. Being able to follow someone's regimen and observe firsthanf my self would be quite beneficial.
I do enjoy using foxfarm, but i'm runnning low on them anyway and wouldnt mind trying something new, or maybe ust additives to the base nutes would be alright too.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Good meter. Most ppl don't want to spend that much but that's a good option.

By add back I mean you make a fresh res with nutrients. The plants will drink up the water and you will top it back up with nutrient solution you mix and ph before adding to bring the water level back up to about 1" below the net pot. The amount you have to add back into the dwc is your add back. So maybe it's half a gallon. You write down each time you have to add back to the dwc and when you have added back in your case 4 gallons, you dump the entire res and make up with fresh water and nutrients. This will prevent salt buildup in your system.

So when you have a ppm meter you can tell how much nutrients the plant wants by taking daily readings. If the ppm stays the same it's perfect. if the ppm is increasing you are feeding to much. If your ppm is falling you are feeding to little.

When you add nutes back if your ppm is the same just mix nutes to the same ppm and add back.

If your ppm is falling mix nutrients at 130% and add back

If your ppm is raising mix nutrients at 70% and add back.

Once you add back a total of 4 gallons you dump the res and repeat.

It's easy once you do it even though it sounds like alot. No guessing and your plants are getting exactly the nutrient levels they want.
Alright thanks a lot Aqua! i'll give this a shot when i come up on that PPM meter

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Alright guys, heres an update with some pics. The PPM meter is on its way along with a new ph meter. I severaly burned my plant as you could tell, but flushed her well and she seems to be doing alright, seeing some growth. What do you all think?? oh and am i able to cut them super burnt leaves or must i leave them on? poor plant suffered a lot.

ZOI6bZFmQyaMR6CDe3wYCA
7rcrSvJzTWm2EBXqq624FQ
NdTtGMwzReK9upSTGGSsg
VsDsXHaoQUikxsYY58rK8w
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Good morning y’all! Anyone care to give me their thoughts on whether or not I could cut the burnt leaves out!? I’m in day two of week 7. The last week and some change have been spent trying to keep the plant alive, so growth was stunted tremendously I’m sure.
Thanks I’m advance for the responses !

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Would anyone happen to know why my leaves are curling up towards the top of my canopy? temps are typically 70-76 during light time and no lower than 67 during night. Lights are about 18 inches on top of my lady. I have got no clue.

PxgjlOYGSsCH8wZRXVovbQ
ZDn23qyrSQSyi1FRPAPPw
P1McX0VoQD6802C5pBFsJQ
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very over fed but if the leaves are tacoing up it's likely your light is to close. Do you have an IR thermometer?

I think there are a bunch of issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i sure dont, man. Its been a rough ride so far.
Most important part of the first grow is learn.

Less of something is almost always easier to fix.

I would probably bump the height up a bit plants are already stressed and have some issues so they the are not firing on all cylinders and don't need as much fuel per se

Stick it out and put your new found knowledge into your next grow. The next time always get easier and before you know it it's like making coffee in the morning.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Most important part of the first grow is learn.

Less of something is almost always easier to fix.

I would probably bump the height up a bit plants are already stressed and have some issues so they the are not firing on all cylinders and don't need as much fuel per se

Stick it out and put your new found knowledge into your next grow. The next time always get easier and before you know it it's like making coffee in the morning.
ill pick the lights up maybe 4 inches and maybe turn one of em off for a while? I do enjoy great metaphors. Ill take that into account.

Oh yeah Aqua, ima have to stick it out man. I already got a couple of seedlings so ill be looking forward to my next grow. Ive taken the time to make charts and schedules. Ive been putting everything into a journal for this grow, so im confident ill be able to handle these next two a lot better. I appreciate your help man, and everyone here at The Farm,

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ill pick the lights up maybe 4 inches and maybe turn one of em off for a while? I do enjoy great metaphors. Ill take that into account.

Oh yeah Aqua, ima have to stick it out man. I already got a couple of seedlings so ill be looking forward to my next grow. Ive taken the time to make charts and schedules. Ive been putting everything into a journal for this grow, so im confident ill be able to handle these next two a lot better. I appreciate your help man, and everyone here at The Farm,
If you pick up an IR thermometer off Amazon or somewhere they are super cheap like $15 and with that you can tell your leaf temps, ideally 75F. That way you can tell if your lights are to close or your ambient temps are to high and vice versa. Very good tool to have on hand and is dirt cheap.

I also use "light meter" app you can download on your phone for free. Nowhere near as good as a par meter but 100% better than flying blind. I go seedling 5000-10000 lux, veg starting at 10000 lux and increasing up to about 40000 through late veg. In flower I hit 75000-80000 lux but I run CO2. 40000+ is good for flower.

With the IR and that app you can get max benefits of your lights without heat stressing the plant. $15 total for a lot of peace of mind.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Would anyone happen to know why my leaves are curling up towards the top of my canopy? temps are typically 70-76 during light time and no lower than 67 during night. Lights are about 18 inches on top of my lady. I have got no clue.

Maybe back off on the nutes and maybe watering frequency. Shes loaded. Bet the runoff ec is high and acidic.

Top Bottom