Help *powdery mildew.

• Thread starter MonkeyGirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Hey I grew Master kush which flowered in July 2020. they advise to max deleaf due to powdery mildew that can occur. Kush didn’t get it but OTHER strains did in flower close it it. I thought I had gotten rid of it. I was shutting down to move and I’m set up it’s coming back on 2 susceptible strains that I brought clones of to new space.

I know about keeping humidity in veg around 40, I use organic products on them for preventative and I’m really clean.
10X5. Veg tent. I’m using a standard box fan, and oscillating pedestal fan. Any advice ?? help a girl out

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sulphur works well if youre still in veg. Wettable powdered sulphur mixed with water and wash the plant down with it. Sulphur burner is the best option for gettiing it through flower if it doesnt go away.

Anthem

Anthem

Hey I grew Master kush which flowered in July 2020. they advise to max deleaf due to powdery mildew that can occur. Kush didn’t get it but OTHER strains did in flower close it it. I thought I had gotten rid of it. I was shutting down to move and I’m set up it’s coming back on 2 susceptible strains that I brought clones of to new space.

I know about keeping humidity in veg around 40, I use organic products on them for preventative and I’m really clean.
10X5. Veg tent. I’m using a standard box fan, and oscillating pedestal fan. Any advice ?? help a girl out
2 things
#1. these is something about if the PM gets into the plant it will stay inside of the plant. Some of the bid time operations test for that before they dump money into the strain.
#2. Look into Solacure UVA and UVB bulbs, very bad for humans and do not go into the grow with them on but they will kill PM as well.

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Sulphur works well if youre still in veg. Wettable powdered sulphur mixed with water and wash the plant down with it. Sulphur burner is the best option for gettiing it through flower if it doesnt go away.
Thanks is that something I can spray them right inside the tent with

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

2 things
#1. these is something about if the PM gets into the plant it will stay inside of the plant. Some of the bid time operations test for that before they dump money into the strain.
#2. Look into Solacure UVA and UVB bulbs, very bad for humans and do not go into the grow with them on but they will kill PM as well.
That’s super helpful. An experienced grower told me about UV bulbs years ago and I forgot.
you’re saying once a plant gets it, you can really never kill it off. It’ll be dormant within until conditions allow to come back. Ughh
the strain is PPP pure power plant. Also ICE is a problem. I was throwing out flower plants almost finished because PM took hold in late summer.

RR1

RR1

That’s super helpful. An experienced grower told me about UV bulbs years ago and I forgot.
you’re saying once a plant gets it, you can really never kill it off. It’ll be dormant within until conditions allow to come back. Ughh
the strain is PPP pure power plant. Also ICE is a problem. I was throwing out flower plants almost finished because PM took hold in late summer.
Hey monkeygirl, one other thing is that powdery mildew loves colder temps. Some strains are more susceptible, but lower temps are a big factor, even more so than higher humidity. Also an old hippy trick; spray plants with 1 part whole milk, 6 parts water. Every other day for a week or so.
Good luck,
RR1

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Yep. Spray them down about 20 mins before the lights come on. Once every 3-4 days for a coulle weeks.
[/QUOTE
Hey monkeygirl, one other thing is that powdery mildew loves colder temps. Some strains are more susceptible, but lower temps are a big factor, even more so than higher humidity. Also an old hippy trick; spray plants with 1 part whole milk, 6 parts water. Every other day for a week or so.
Good luck,
RR1
Hey RR1. Thanks very much I’m happy I reached out to join this community. always want to hear old school tricks that work Too.
I’m not over run w PM. I just cannot seem to shake the little bit here and there.
I have 5wk old plants from seed. 24 and Tangie, No problems, I have 2wk old from seed, SS and Candy Kush No problems, My cloner is running (24 site), All PPP that is susceptible, No problems.
It seems like what Dirtbag says above that once it’s in the plant, it stays within it.
so basically it’s bouncing around veg in the older clones
I’m trying to build back up obviously so I start staggering my harvests. it’s annoying and don’t want to see it when we go in flower.

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Good luck,
RR1
I need experienced growers like you people to be able to ask questions. gardeners that know much more than me that I can learn from. I appreciate all the respectful answers. I also saw right Away another female on here which is great. We chicks are out here and we make it happen !!

Anthem

Anthem

If it gets into the plant it will continue to come back in later generations. I want to say it was on a podcast from shaping fire and steep hill labs. They went into how large operations will text a leaf sample from something they want to grow to make sure the plant is clean before they start using it in production. It kind of makes sense if you think about the money they have wrapped up on a large flower room at like week 7

cottageman

cottageman

Sulfur works great in veg and early flower. You need something to kill spores and the tube that feeds, that’s the part that goes into the plant and will make the pm reoccur even when you don’t see it anymore. Geraniol does this I’m pretty sure and something like the product banish is pretty cheap and easy to get. What also helps is silica and beneficial microbes. The Dutch completely killed pm in their strawberry fields using silica and milk foliar sprays. I used power si, OG Biowar and em1 microbes as a foliar spray once a week and I would hit them with purecrop1 and geranium in between those sprayings and I haven’t seen pm at all in my last 2 full runs and it’s not on the mother’s either. You can kill it permanently but it’s harder than just spraying once or twice and poof usually

kaka

kaka

Supporter
fix your environment and the only correct thing to spray is Pure Crop 1.
watch their youtube videos.
they are super legit.
must have garden product.

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Check out Liquid Copper Fungicide
Check out Liquid Copper Fungicide
Beach walker I really like that liquid copper, purple bottle. I’ve used that in veg and early flower. Really great. I wanted to get other gardeners take on this issue. Not just reading online and asking fellow at supply store I go to. There have been really good suggestions.
I really didn’t know that once it gets into the plant itself it stays in it. I thought that once your room/space had it- you had it like a disease and could get it to go dormant but conditions could bring it creeping back again. I was taught that by someone. Oops
I am not over run with this but it’s definitely in a couple of the mid sz clones I brought from my old space.
I used this organic product yesterday, I’ll upload a pic later Today.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beach walker I really like that liquid copper, purple bottle. I’ve used that in veg and early flower. Really great. I wanted to get other gardeners take on this issue. Not just reading online and asking fellow at supply store I go to. There have been really good suggestions.
I really didn’t know that once it gets into the plant itself it stays in it. I thought that once your room/space had it- you had it like a disease and could get it to go dormant but conditions could bring it creeping back again. I was taught that by someone. Oops
I am not over run with this but it’s definitely in a couple of the mid sz clones I brought from my old space.
I used this organic product yesterday, I’ll upload a pic later Today.
I've used it on both white powdery mildew and septoria, and I've eliminated both of these issues with as little as three applications, although with septoria I also burned sulfur

The septoria has been gone for four years and the wpm for about a year, although it did pop up in a cloning tray a few months ago but I had that in a separate area, hope it works out for you!

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

I've used it on both white powdery mildew and septoria, and I've eliminated both of these issues with as little as three applications, although with septoria I also burned sulfur

The septoria has been gone for four years and the wpm for about a year, although it did pop up in a cloning tray a few months ago but I had that in a separate area, hope it works out for you!
I also had pm about 3 yrs ago used Banish over and over I feel like for couple months. it was the best one I came across at that time. I’ve been great until I put that one master kush thru flower and it affected others this past July. And brought it with me to this new space.
I sprayed yesterday and today. Everything is looking pretty good. There are some other guys that responded to me said to use the powder sulphur.
978D73B9 57B3 4834 BE5A 3700CD3EC03D
D9C09593 1F5B 4700 8E5F B1A60F740404

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

I also had pm about 3 yrs ago used Banish over and over I feel like for couple months. it was the best one I came across at that time. I’ve been great until I put that one master kush thru flower and it affected others this past July. And brought it with me to this new space.
I sprayed yesterday and today. Everything is looking pretty good. There are some other guys that responded to me said to use the powder sulphur.
View attachment 1061290View attachment 1061291

that’s what I sprayed with last night and the copper soap is empty but good stuff

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Sulfur works great in veg and early flower. You need something to kill spores and the tube that feeds, that’s the part that goes into the plant and will make the pm reoccur even when you don’t see it anymore. Geraniol does this I’m pretty sure and something like the product banish is pretty cheap and easy to get. What also helps is silica and beneficial microbes. The Dutch completely killed pm in their strawberry fields using silica and milk foliar sprays. I used power si, OG Biowar and em1 microbes as a foliar spray once a week and I would hit them with purecrop1 and geranium in between those sprayings and I haven’t seen pm at all in my last 2 full runs and it’s not on the mother’s either. You can kill it permanently but it’s harder than just spraying once or twice and poof usually
good info
I used Banish about 3 yrs ago for months and finally knocked out the pm. It was the best thing at the time that was working for me. Correct not too expensive. Had not seen that evil until this past July. of course I didn’t see any to the naked eye but ended up brInging little bit with me in my move. It is not all over the plants, just a leaf here and there. Its only an issue at this time with 2 strains That I want to just run thru flower if possible and be done with.
i understand what you guys are saying and no lie I remember being told by a couple different guys, forgive me please, that your space gets it and that’s what you’re fighting off. No I’m not stupid. I thought I was being told the truth and had it bad at that point so my goal wasn’t proving anyone wrong, it was saving 50 plants in veg.
I will look into these products you’ve mentioned to me. Thanks again

mancorn

mancorn

You can also try Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) @ 1 cup/gallon of 3%. (Or even straight 3%, which might show some rust color burning on some strains). 32oz bottle is ~$2-3.

mancorn

mancorn

The farmers that really get hammered by PM are grape growers. So researching on grape crops provides a ton of options (albeit a fair amount of the industrial products are pretty nasty shit, not suitable for cannabis).

Top Bottom