Help *powdery mildew.

• Thread starter MonkeyGirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

You can also try Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) @ 1 cup/gallon of 3%. (Or even straight 3%, which might show some rust color burning on some strains). 32oz bottle is ~$2-3.
Hey thanks for that. I do not have it that bad at this time. Just a few leaves here and there keep popping up on 2 strains. I literally moved, left my rooms now set up in tents and brought little with me.
I don’t want it to start getting bad. I know what bad looks like.
So past 18 hrs I have sprayed all clones and veg with Organocide. 3-in-1 garden spray
Its what I’ve got on hand that’s pretty new
1FF0E19A DACA 4EA7 9BA0 F09B81E3C7E3

Last edited:
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

The farmers that really get hammered by PM are grape growers. So researching on grape crops provides a ton of options (albeit a fair amount of the industrial products are pretty nasty shit, not suitable for cannabis).
increasing air flow helps too
increasing air flow helps too
Yes I am on top of the air flow.
What’s huge right now is the temp fluctuation outside. Not sure where you are located but here Monday is going to be mid 60’s. After that looks cooler which is better for 2nd floor veg.
my BEST FRIEND is the dehumidifier who also lives in veg
New space diff hvac system to adjust to. Thought flower would be harder to handle in the basement. but have no problems really. flower was 78* 63% today

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Hey thanks for that. I do not have it that bad at this time. Just a few leaves here and there keep popping up on 2 strains. I literally moved, left my rooms now set up in tents and brought little with me.
I don’t want it to start getting bad. I know what bad looks like.
So past 18 hrs I have sprayed all clones and veg with Organocide. 3-in-1 garden spray
Its what I’ve got on hand that’s pretty newView attachment 1061301View attachment 1061301
The farmers that really get hammered by PM are grape growers. So researching on grape crops provides a ton of options (albeit a fair amount of the industrial products are pretty nasty shit, not suitable for cannabis).
yes I understand I never use anything on my garden that’s not organic or recommended from my supply house I respect the flower and I’m an asthma girl. Love to consume fruits of my labor

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Sulfur works great in veg and early flower. You need something to kill spores and the tube that feeds, that’s the part that goes into the plant and will make the pm reoccur even when you don’t see it anymore. Geraniol does this I’m pretty sure and something like the product banish is pretty cheap and easy to get. What also helps is silica and beneficial microbes. The Dutch completely killed pm in their strawberry fields using silica and milk foliar sprays. I used power si, OG Biowar and em1 microbes as a foliar spray once a week and I would hit them with purecrop1 and geranium in between those sprayings and I haven’t seen pm at all in my last 2 full runs and it’s not on the mother’s either. You can kill it permanently but it’s harder than just spraying once or twice and poof usually
I am impressed. This is the type of input what I’m looking for to up my game Why I joined this site. I was hopeful. Plus I want ppl to talk to about my work
I looked up these products you listed you sprayed coup times a week in your garden.
Power si
OG Biowar
EM1 microbes
may I ask where are you getting your formula. ratio per gal ?

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Sulfur works great in veg and early flower. You need something to kill spores and the tube that feeds, that’s the part that goes into the plant and will make the pm reoccur even when you don’t see it anymore. Geraniol does this I’m pretty sure and something like the product banish is pretty cheap and easy to get. What also helps is silica and beneficial microbes. The Dutch completely killed pm in their strawberry fields using silica and milk foliar sprays. I used power si, OG Biowar and em1 microbes as a foliar spray once a week and I would hit them with purecrop1 and geranium in between those sprayings and I haven’t seen pm at all in my last 2 full runs and it’s not on the mother’s either. You can kill it permanently but it’s harder than just spraying once or twice and poof usually
Unless it’s on the freaking pkg already

cottageman

cottageman

I am impressed. This is the type of input what I’m looking for to up my game Why I joined this site. I was hopeful. Plus I want ppl to talk to about my work
I looked up these products you listed you sprayed coup times a week in your garden.
Power si
OG Biowar
EM1 microbes
may I ask where are you getting your formula. ratio per gal ?
I usually go with package dosages. 1-2ml per gallon of power si, 10-20grams of ogbiowar root and foliar per gallon, and 1 oz of em1 per gallon. Now this may be a bit overkill but it’s made my plants very healthy and I believe it helps them in many other way other than combating pm

MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

I usually go with package dosages. 1-2ml per gallon of power si, 10-20grams of ogbiowar root and foliar per gallon, and 1 oz of em1 per gallon. Now this may be a bit overkill but it’s made my plants very healthy and I believe it helps them in many other way other than combating pm
Great that’s exactly what I meant. You go with the package dosage and you’re mixing all 3 together. That’s good stuff

Springerguy

Springerguy

Hey I grew Master kush which flowered in July 2020. they advise to max deleaf due to powdery mildew that can occur. Kush didn’t get it but OTHER strains did in flower close it it. I thought I had gotten rid of it. I was shutting down to move and I’m set up it’s coming back on 2 susceptible strains that I brought clones of to new space.

I know about keeping humidity in veg around 40, I use organic products on them for preventative and I’m really clean.
10X5. Veg tent. I’m using a standard box fan, and oscillating pedestal fan. Any advice ?? help a girl out
I use potassium Bicarbonate a half tsp with 3 drops of liquid detergent,and 3 drops of cooking oil in a hand sprayer, works better due to the fact it kills the PM unlike baking soda. I hit the leaves when I see it start, if you got time before the bud finishes- this works- if not Jorge Cervantes shows in a video how to use H2O2 in a wash...Potassium Bicar is used in wine making,beer making and for antacid for your tummy..It is food grade, and used not only as a fungicide but also for the K value in vineyards...

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

I’m not familiar with Organicide’s 3-1 product, but have used their Plant Doctor, which is better suited for PM control. It’s a systemic product, so primarily used in veg BEFORE you get PM than as a spray/drench once you have it. (I’ve also used Actinovate Biological Fungicide which is OMRI listed and seems to work. Always kind of hard to know if a preventative really worked or you just weren’t exposed 😀.)

The caveat is that Plant Doctor is not OMRI listed, as the active ingredient, mono- and di-potassium salts of phosphorous acid is not a biochemical. The product was formally marketed as Excel LG, which *was* marketed as organic, but have no idea of what prompted the chance. These simple inorganic chemicals are low toxicity with a history of safe use in other parts of the world. It is listed for same day harvest of Tomatoes, Lettuce, Pumpkins, Squash, and Herbs.

Organocide’s other product is called Organic Fungicide, which is OMRI listed and uses potassium bicarbonate, which as others have mentioned, is effective on active spores (and also more effective for PM control than the 3-1 oil based product IMO).

Top Bottom