HELP! Problem is spreading! K deficiency?

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

@tobh , Fro5ty mentioned in his other thread for this problem that he is filling his RDWC with a large feeding tank, which has no aeration and also begins to smell bad withing a few weeks. His feed basically sits in a stagnant filling tank w/ enymes and occasional h2o2. I'm not experienced with managing a tank that large but i don't think that sounds good. Your thoughts?

I honestly think he needs to get that stanky filling tank situation sorted out but i defer to the RDWC experts.

@Fro5ty , did you ever take a light reading on your canopy? I still think it looks like a calcium issue from too much light from your LEDs. I know i said this a million times already but for some reason you're reluctant to take a measurement. LOL
I lowered the lights density to 75-75%. The fact my branches are falling over would point to a K deficiency. I’m making a new batch to change the water tomorrow after work. I added no Hydroguard and added h2o2 instead. 260ml of 12% for 260L, followed a post on this site to use 3ml/L of 3%, but added a little more. The roots look fine tho. So I’m just doing it to stabilize the pH.

the buds that are closest to the light stay fluffy. The first hairs has begun to turn orange (with the lower buds all of them are a lot denser and all hairs are orange). But the lights density have been lowered for a couple of days now. The discoloration have gotten worse and a branch that stands straight up, has topped over. So I guess that isn’t the problem.

I’m really at the end of my game here. I’m afraid the whole harvest will spoil. Or all the fluffy buds will be pretty much unusable.

I want to thank you nevertheless for your help, and taking the effort for me!

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

So I just changed the water and it was necessary. I shut the tank off the RDWC right before the lights went out. When the lights came back on I checked the water in the RDWC. Over night pH went from 5.6 to 5.0! But they did eat cause EC went from 1.0 to 0.9. Water dropped an inch.

I'm really flabbergasted. I though when EC went up, pH would go down and visa versa. But they both go down?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
So I just changed the water and it was necessary. I shut the tank off the RDWC right before the lights went out. When the lights came back on I checked the water in the RDWC. Over night pH went from 5.6 to 5.0! But they did eat cause EC went from 1.0 to 0.9. Water dropped an inch.

I'm really flabbergasted. I though when EC went up, pH would go down and visa versa. But they both go down?
That sounds like a good thing. My assumption would be the plants are eating again (hopefully K, if that's your issue) and changing the pH of your feed. pH can really go either way depending on what the plant is eating or giving off. That said, a .6 swing is pretty drastic.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

That sounds like a good thing. My assumption would be the plants are eating again (hopefully K, if that's your issue) and changing the pH of your feed. pH can really go either way depending on what the plant is eating or giving off. That said, a .6 swing is pretty drastic.
So I changed the water yesterday. It was 0.9EC when I started. Right after the water change I did a reading and it was 0.8. Now the lights came just on. 23h after the water change. EC is 1.0 now.

the discoloration of the leafs keep getting worse. I wonder if I will be able to keep the plants alive for another 4 weeks..

on a positive note. The fluffy buds their pistols really are turning orange at this point. Some other grower told me they aren’t going to bulk up tho…

Top Bottom