Help Save Caregivers!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

We are under attack from multiple fronts.

On June 15th, 2011 the Colorado Board of Health will consider adopting a set of sweeping rules that would end the caregiver model as we know it and further reduce patient rights. The Board of Health will consider rules; limiting caregivers to assisting five patients, requiring caregivers to perform daily activities for patients regardless of whether the patient needs or wants these activities, limiting when and how often a patient can change a caregiver, allowing law enforcement expanded power to access the patient registry, and other troubling amendments.

Please come to the hearing on June 15th, 2011 and tell the Board of Health to either adopt the minority reports or to go back to the drawing board. It’s time for the Board of Health to stand up for patients and caregivers and to stop pandering to the Attorney General’s anti-patient stance!

WHAT: Board of Health Public Rulemaking Hearing to limit patient and caregiver rights

WHEN: 9:00 am – June 15th, 2011

WHERE: Colorado Public Health and Environment, Sabin-Cleere Conference Room, Bldg. A, 1st Floor, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246

WHY: To tell the Board of Health to stand up for patients and caregivers

PROPOSED CAREGIVER RULES

Allows the CDHPE to release patient information to local and state law enforcement upon request with either the patients’ registry number or the person’s name and date of birth.
Limits the number of patients a caregiver can serve to five, unless the patient obtains a waiver from the department for the primary caregiver to serve in excess of five patients
Requires caregivers to regularly assist their patients with “daily activities” regardless if the patient needs or wants such assistance.
Prohibits caregivers from joining together for the purpose of cultivating marijuana, but makes an exception if the caregivers live in the same house.
Prohibits caregivers from forming business ventures with other primary care-givers.
Stipulates what documentation a caregiver must have on hand if stopped by law enforcement.
May or may not allow caregivers to consult with and educate patients regarding the use of medical marijuana to fulfill the statutory requirement of having significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a patient.[1]
Requires caregivers to have their registry identification card or a copy of the patient’s application for the medical marijuana registry in their possession at all times that the caregiver is in possession of medical marijuana on behalf of the patient.
Prohibits delegation of the caregiver’s responsibilities for the patient to another person.
Prohibits caregivers from possessing or engaging in the use of medical marijuana in certain circumstances.
Allows individuals to notify the department of their willingness to be a primary caregiver and allows release of their contact information to patients and doctors solely for this purpose.
Limits caregivers to charging no more than the cost of cultivating or purchasing medical marijuana, plus charging for services provided.

PROPOSED PATIENT RULES

Prohibits patients from changing their caregiver more than once a month.
Prohibits a patient who designates a primary caregiver from being a primary caregiver for another patient.
Limits a patient to having only one primary caregiver at a time.
Sets strict waiver requirements for a patient to apply for a one year waiver from the five patient per primary caregiver limit, and allows the CDPHE to impose whatever terms or conditions it believes necessary on the waiver.
Sets the waiver requirements for a patient to apply for a transportation waiver due to the patient’s status as homebound or a minor, and provides appeal rights to patients regarding the department’s disposition of the waiver request.
Requires patients or caregivers to pay $200 per hour plus lodging and meals to subpoena a member of the CDPHE to testify in court, but waives the fee for state or federal government requests.
Allows the CDPHE to reject patient applications that are incomplete or missing an item and then allows them to completely deny the application if they reject it twice. (A complete denial means the patient would not be able to re-apply for 6 months!)
Requires a patient to renew their registry card if they are convicted of certain criminal offenses.
Prohibits patients from using medical marijuana in public or in a place open to the general public.
Prohibits patients or caregivers from possessing medical marijuana on school grounds or using it in any vehicle, motorboat, or aircraft.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well now iam really pissed. If this goes thru FUCK EM I will no longer play their stupid game. I will continue to grow for myself and the same 5 patients Ive had for years, keep it small, fuck all their rules, fuck paying them for card, will not allow them to win. This is absoutly so ridiclous, but its real and I bet they get their way as we no longer have a say about anything these days...I was talking to the girls today and aplogized for all the rukus man has made over you. I love all plants not just MJ and for so much BS to be made over this special plant is absurd.
We thought we had it better when mmj was legal, now its worse than ever IMO...
Stupid Stupid Stupid...

R

rocky high

This is why I always was uncomfortable with the legalization through the "medical" guise.

Let's face it there is an 80/20 split recreation/true medical.

I would have preferred the movement hold off falling for the medical compromise and wait for full legalization like Portugal or Netherlands-ish. YES I know that would have taken decades in this ridiculous country and many would have suffered but what else is new.

I was better off underground in the day and as a newly non-grower (see previous posts) I would never succumb to the crap you guys go through now.

The "medical" distinction gives those that know better than you all sort of reasons to get into your junk, see above. Even more reasons for the state, now owned by corporations, to let you know through jail and fine($$$$) how they intend you to live your life.

Primarily so their supporters continue enriching themselves in nothing that resembles a "free market"

Full Legalization

I like the model corporations provide the schwag, we provide the homebrew love.

D

DoobyScoo

I would have preferred the movement hold off falling for the medical compromise and wait for full legalization like Portugal or Netherlands-ish.

Still going to take a decade, bro!
I'm not sure we are on the same planet?

I think I know what you are trying to say, but.
This is how I read it.

Shit, Saskia only smoked a joint 'cause this American had it.
Somehow, it had become 'passe' in their World.

S

SoCoMMJ

If you are a caregiver and want to continue to be one, you had better take this one on as a point of action. If the CDPHE is able to slide this one through caregivers will be done and over with for the most part.

Read the proposals here then go to the meeting and protest loudly!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Holy shit ... how can they force this down our throats when we have already been granted caregivers? How can they take them away from us? Is this not a constitutional right in this state? What is going the hell on in this country where they can just play willy nilly with freakin' constitutions?????

xxoo
Mel

D

DoobyScoo

Hmmm....
Never got busted before all this bullshit.

Just sayin'.

I got more important shit to deal with than these assholes...
Wake me up when it's over, mmm'kay.

Thank God old age is going to take care of these fuckers.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Jesus fucking Christ people stop freaking out!

NO ONE IS REMOVING CAREGIVERS FROM COLORADO...

READ the fucking CDPHE website and AM20 and interpret it for yourself.

and btw if you didn't sign up to speak before may 24th then you'll just be sitting there at the meeting with your dick in your hand.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Damn, I guess its all these damn transplants fucking up this industry....

Melizzard

Melizzard

and btw if you didn't sign up to speak before may 24th then you'll just be sitting there at the meeting with your dick in your hand.

Don't think I'll be part of that contingent since I don't have a dick! LOL

But you ready to start doing daily activities whether we want them or not? Guess I'll be seeing a lot more of you in the near future! LOL

xxoo
Mel

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Didnt hickenlooper sign into law a bill that basically does the same thing like 2 days ago?

B

Bonedoc

They keep attacking us, and expecting us not to turn back to the "black market"?

S

Shady Acres

did you guys really think that the private home caregiver model would actually last? seems very idealistic and naive for caregivers to think that the gov't would be ok with you guys growing plants in your home for "patients" what a joke!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I wouldn't say "naive". The program worked quite well for 10 yrs. I'm sure what you consider "patients" is naive. My patients wear their pants above their ass and don't have a bunch of shit tattoos on their necks, and that's just appearances.

The ONLY model that will work is full legalization. In the mean time I'm just doing the best with what I got in CO and that's better than 85% of the rest of the US state laws. Been to florida or south dakota?

Unit541

Unit541

did you guys really think that the private home caregiver model would actually last? seems very idealistic and naive for caregivers to think that the gov't would be ok with you guys growing plants in your home for "patients" what a joke!

It worked great for a decade. Nobody gave us a second look until every entrepreneur on this side of the Mississippi decided they were a pot mogul and going to retire in six months by slinging ditch weed out the door of their dispensary.

Me and mine are tired of the paranoia. For four decades my family has been farming in Colorado, and none of us had any trouble sleeping until we were doing it "legally". That market is again beginning to boom, at least here in the Springs. It's almost like the green-rush of a couple of years ago, except underground. Caregivers have been collectively sitting on tonnage since the passage of 1284, when they could no longer unload at the dispensaries. Well, Juan on the corner of Circle & Platte has never heard of 1284, has no paperwork, and pays in cash. Juan's even serving these meds up to card-carrying patients, who know he's got hotter fire than the MMC's, because his suppliers grow for the love of it.

So the way I see it, thanks to the state for getting us heading down the road towards stable, sustainable pricing, reliable production, and really good pot. CG's will be making money again, although we'll just be "manufacturers" again, I was never much for titles. I'll continue to grow in compliance with A20, but once it's chop-time, all bets are off. The way I see it, that's more professional courtesy than the state shows us, so F' em.

D

DoobyScoo

Just make sure you bring Juan something to help him in his 'daily activities', might I suggest 'Medibles'?

It is slowly happening, the 'Ganjapreneurs' [man didn't that title make us look like a bunch of fucking Yuppie stoners], are slowly liquidating their holdings...

And what happens when a majority of caregivers stop renewing ALL, their patients, and just 5?

Will the registry still be 100+K.
I mean, it's almost impossible nowadays to get the cops called on you in Denver for smoking weed.
And Denver is THE end consumer market in Colorado.

C

cannaboo

Please just go and show your support for the caregivers and patients. If not they have more of a chance to pass whatever they want then everyone will be complaining. So act now and we should not have any problems.

S

SensiCO

Help Save Caregivers!

On June 15th, 2011 the Colorado Board of Health will consider adopting a set of sweeping rules that would end the caregiver model as we know it and further reduce patient rights. The Board of Health will consider rules; limiting caregivers to assisting five patients, requiring caregivers to perform daily activities for patients regardless of whether the patient needs or wants these activities, limiting when and how often a patient can change a caregiver, allowing law enforcement expanded power to access the patient registry, and other troubling amendments.

Please come to the hearing on June 15th, 2011 and tell the Board of Health to either adopt the minority reports or to go back to the drawing board. It’s time for the Board of Health to stand up for patients and caregivers and to stop pandering to the Attorney General’s anti-patient stance!

WHAT: Board of Health Public Rulemaking Hearing to limit patient and caregiver rights

WHEN: 9:00 am – Wednesday, June 15th, 2011

WHERE: Colorado Public Health and Environment, Sabin-Cleere Conference Room, Bldg. A, 1st Floor, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246

WHY: To tell the Board of Health to stand up for patients and caregivers

PROPOSED CAREGIVER RULES

Allows the CDHPE to release patient information to local and state law enforcement upon request with either the patients’ registry number or the person’s name and date of birth.
Limits the number of patients a caregiver can serve to five, unless the patient obtains a waiver from the department for the primary caregiver to serve in excess of five patients
Requires caregivers to regularly assist their patients with “daily activities” regardless if the patient needs or wants such assistance.
Prohibits caregivers from joining together for the purpose of cultivating marijuana, but makes an exception if the caregivers live in the same house.
Prohibits caregivers from forming business ventures with other primary care-givers.
Stipulates what documentation a caregiver must have on hand if stopped by law enforcement.
May or may not allow caregivers to consult with and educate patients regarding the use of medical marijuana to fulfill the statutory requirement of having significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a patient.[1]
Requires caregivers to have their registry identification card or a copy of the patient’s application for the medical marijuana registry in their possession at all times that the caregiver is in possession of medical marijuana on behalf of the patient.
Prohibits delegation of the caregiver’s responsibilities for the patient to another person.
Prohibits caregivers from possessing or engaging in the use of medical marijuana in certain circumstances.
Allows individuals to notify the department of their willingness to be a primary caregiver and allows release of their contact information to patients and doctors solely for this purpose.
Limits caregivers to charging no more than the cost of cultivating or purchasing medical marijuana, plus charging for services provided.

PROPOSED PATIENT RULES

Prohibits patients from changing their caregiver more than once a month.
Prohibits a patient who designates a primary caregiver from being a primary caregiver for another patient.
Limits a patient to having only one primary caregiver at a time.
Sets strict waiver requirements for a patient to apply for a one year waiver from the five patient per primary caregiver limit, and allows the CDPHE to impose whatever terms or conditions it believes necessary on the waiver.
Sets the waiver requirements for a patient to apply for a transportation waiver due to the patient’s status as homebound or a minor, and provides appeal rights to patients regarding the department’s disposition of the waiver request.
Requires patients or caregivers to pay $200 per hour plus lodging and meals to subpoena a member of the CDPHE to testify in court, but waives the fee for state or federal government requests.
Allows the CDPHE to reject patient applications that are incomplete or missing an item and then allows them to completely deny the application if they reject it twice. (A complete denial means the patient would not be able to re-apply for 6 months!)
Requires a patient to renew their registry card if they are convicted of certain criminal offenses.
Prohibits patients from using medical marijuana in public or in a place open to the general public.
Prohibits patients or caregivers from possessing medical marijuana on school grounds or using it in any vehicle, motorboat, or aircraft.

Top Bottom