Help Save My Grow, I'm Stumped!

• Thread starter HappyJack420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyJack420

HappyJack420

I currently have 4 plants in a small 2x2x4' grow tent, and all are going downhill fast! 2 are in their 95 day of veg and have been slow growing since I've sprouted them. Bagseeds.
The third plant is younger at 40 days of veg. Also a bagseed.
The smallest plant is a seedling 15 days old. It is an F2 Sativa cross.

I water when the soil is dry and inch deep, water with purified water (ph 7). Light schedule varies between 18 hrs light to 24 hrs, under a broad spec led 300 watt lamp with a fan blowing constantly.

The two largest plants have been slow growing the whole time they've been alive. Dark blue-green leaves, red stems, and the bottom leaves have been turning brown and crunchy/dying. One had yellow discoloration around the edges. I PH'd their runoff and found the soil had a ph of 5, so I replanted all 4.

They have now been replanted in Just Natural Organic potting soil last week, and I also flushed all but the smallest plant to get rid of excess N I believe was in the new soil. They showed signs of great improvement until a few days ago when they turned back to dark green. There is no new growth on ANY of them.

I smoke weed medicinally but I can't afford to pickup from shops anymore, and the quality is no where near suited for my needs. I need to produce my own. Please help!!

Pictures below; shows each plant view from top, then from side
Help save my grow im stumped
Help save my grow im stumped 2
Help save my grow im stumped 3
Help save my grow im stumped 4
Help save my grow im stumped 5
Help save my grow im stumped 6
Help save my grow im stumped 7
Help save my grow im stumped 8

Last edited:
HappyJack420

HappyJack420

You need more aeration. You're suffering from potassium defficiency. Being caused by over nuting. Flush then feed 1/2 strength next feed.

I was told by someone I need to flush the plants again then apply an EWC and kelp meal slurry. Would that help the K deficiency? And if not should I add rice hulls or pearlite or... how can I improve aeration

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Let dry then flush with water and bone meal, flush PH to 6.0. The bone meal will help her regain certain deficiencies that she can regain in her health.

HappyJack420

HappyJack420

Let dry then flush with water and bone meal, flush PH to 6.0. The bone meal will help her regain certain deficiencies that she can regain in her health.
I have a big bag of BLOOD meal at home, can I use that in place of the bone meal? And to clarify you say to flush with water that is 6.0 ph , with the additive mixed into it? Instead of flushing with plain water

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You need more aeration. You're suffering from potassium defficiency. Being caused by over nuting. Flush then feed 1/2 strength next feed.
Blood meal is high N and will burn your plants if not used properly, I would follow this advice, adding more wont always cure the problem.
Look a bit overwatered and high on N, wouldnt overthink or over flush it, 30% runoff would do for me.

Organikz

Organikz

I was told by someone I need to flush the plants again then apply an EWC and kelp meal slurry. Would that help the K deficiency? And if not should I add rice hulls or pearlite or... how can I improve aeration
Do not flush plants in organics. You will wash your beneficial microbes away along with available nutrients such as calcium. that will make your problem worse. A kelp meal foliar spray will get you going in the right direction. Blood meal is extremely hot. I don't use it. I wouldn't have advised a flush had I known you were running organic. Sorry.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

In organics we use a carbon source to slow the movement of nitrogen. I had the exact same problem as you. Leadsled worked with me and I found out I was way low in minerals. Gypsum is great as it won't affect pH while soaking some of that N up.

Organikz

Organikz

Also understand the importance of kelp if you're not feeding fulvic acid on it's own. There isn't enough humic acid nor will there ever be to chelate enough minerals to meet your needs. A weekly kelp meal tea and a kelp meal top dress once a month are crucial.

I cheat and feed Neptune harvest liquid kelp fertilizer.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I currently have 4 plants in a small 2x2x4' grow tent, and all are going downhill fast! 2 are in their 95 day of veg and have been slow growing since I've sprouted them. Bagseeds.
The third plant is younger at 40 days of veg. Also a bagseed.
The smallest plant is a seedling 15 days old. It is an F2 Sativa cross.

I water when the soil is dry and inch deep, water with purified water (ph 7). Light schedule varies between 18 hrs light to 24 hrs, under a broad spec led 300 watt lamp with a fan blowing constantly.

The two largest plants have been slow growing the whole time they've been alive. Dark blue-green leaves, red stems, and the bottom leaves have been turning brown and crunchy/dying. One had yellow discoloration around the edges. I PH'd their runoff and found the soil had a ph of 5, so I replanted all 4.

They have now been replanted in Just Natural Organic potting soil last week, and I also flushed all but the smallest plant to get rid of excess N I believe was in the new soil. They showed signs of great improvement until a few days ago when they turned back to dark green. There is no new growth on ANY of them.

I smoke weed medicinally but I can't afford to pickup from shops anymore, and the quality is no where near suited for my needs. I need to produce my own. Please help!!

Pictures below; shows each plant view from top, then from side
View attachment 710103 View attachment 710104 View attachment 710105 View attachment 710106 View attachment 710107 View attachment 710108 View attachment 710109 View attachment 710110
Your ph is too high.

HappyJack420

HappyJack420

Do not flush plants in organics. You will wash your beneficial microbes away along with available nutrients such as calcium. that will make your problem worse. A kelp meal foliar spray will get you going in the right direction. Blood meal is extremely hot. I don't use it. I wouldn't have advised a flush had I known you were running organic. Sorry.
No worries on advising a flush; I had already flushed the plants sometime last week, and about 3-4 days ago they started to go into great distress. So I already fucked up there...oops. When I transplanted I dusted each root ball with Azos from Xtreme Gardening and added their Mykos to the soil. So I probably washed that all away rite? Should I try and water with Azos?

Also I'm just a tad bit confused on what to do now. I can't tell if this new soil is still hot, or if I need an N buffer like you talked about, or an EWC and kelp meal slurry, or just a kelp meal foliar spray. I watered with plain water yesterday because the plants were wilted. More leaves have died and turned brown and crunchy.

HappyJack420

HappyJack420

Your ph is too high.
I disagree, only because everywhere I've looked has said soil ph is best in the 6.0-6.8 range. When I had ph'd the neutral water in the past down to about a 6.5, it caused my soil to turn extremely acidic. The runoff would read at a ph of 5!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ph ing your nutes for soil grow should be at 6.0 on the money. Also ph ing your flush is a necessity if you are yousing a flushing agent that also should be at 6.0. I recently ran one coco with all my soil plants. I had originally planted in soil when transplanted from 10 g pots to 30 g pots with coco around the rootball. I kept the ph at 6.0 through late veg and into flower. She did well until week 3 of flower then started to show nute deficiencies. So I bumped her ph down to 5.5. She bounced rite back in a week.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I disagree, only because everywhere I've looked has said soil ph is best in the 6.0-6.8 range. When I had ph'd the neutral water in the past down to about a 6.5, it caused my soil to turn extremely acidic. The runoff would read at a ph of 5!
Maybe tge meter is off

Organikz

Organikz

No worries on advising a flush; I had already flushed the plants sometime last week, and about 3-4 days ago they started to go into great distress. So I already fucked up there...oops. When I transplanted I dusted each root ball with Azos from Xtreme Gardening and added their Mykos to the soil. So I probably washed that all away rite? Should I try and water with Azos?

Also I'm just a tad bit confused on what to do now. I can't tell if this new soil is still hot, or if I need an N buffer like you talked about, or an EWC and kelp meal slurry, or just a kelp meal foliar spray. I watered with plain water yesterday because the plants were wilted. More leaves have died and turned brown and crunchy.
Here's what I did...i made a super duper compost. I make my own biochar. I had some charging. I mix half compost half hardwood lump charcoal that I took a sledge hammer to and let it sit in a grain bag in my shed for 2 weeks.

I mixed this up with basalt and glacial rock dust along with some gypsum and watered it in with fulvic acid and turned them 180 degrees.

Throwing down shredded hardwood mulch will absorb nitrogen too.

Top Bottom