Help, See Lots Of Threads About Leaves Curling But My Problem Is With The Bud Hair Curling Up.

• Thread starter hiimjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hiimjohn

What's up with the hair at bud site curling into a ball-like instead of it being straight up spiky?

Any one has any general ideas about this?

BudBogart

BudBogart

What's up with the hair at bud site curling into a ball-like instead of it being straight up spiky?

Any one has any general ideas about this?
A pic would help. How long has it been flowering, how long curling? Any change in color of pistils?

H

hiimjohn

A pic would help. How long has it been flowering, how long curling? Any change in color of pistils?
Thanks for replying man, it's 5 weeks into flowering. And it's been curling since, the color is the same as those that look normal. Do you have any idea? I will post a picture soon.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I just looked at mine. Some pistils could be described as curly. As long as no change in the nice white color probably normal, least that's what I'm hoping for you. Good luck.

H

hiimjohn

I just looked at mine. Some pistils could be described as curly. As long as no change in the nice white color probably normal, least that's what I'm hoping for you. Good luck.
Thanks so much dude, I'm new around here.

Can I ask you how do you actually fertilize your tree? During my flowering stage I go 1 fertilize and then 2 watering with potassium and phosphorus. How do you do yours?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What type of lighting are you using in what sort of groom space?. How close is your lighting to the canopy? Groom temp? Input water Ph???

Keep in mind if your using a enviro controller and you have a temp probe the probe needs to be at the canopy level of the crop. Reason being is lots of folks hang em on the wall and it wont give you an accurate leaf temp at the canopy. You can actually be running 5-9 deg F hotter at canopy level as opposed to having the temp gauge hung on an outside wall.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks so much dude, I'm new around here.

Can I ask you how do you actually fertilize your tree? During my flowering stage I go 1 fertilize and then 2 watering with potassium and phosphorus. How do you do yours?
Others will help with this part. I grow outdoors organically. What growing medium? Dirt, coco, dwc are you using?

H

hiimjohn

Others will help with this part. I grow outdoors organically. What growing medium? Dirt, coco, dwc are you using? View attachment 636109
I use potting soil to grow mine, right now during vegetative stage I do 1 fertilizing (with general hydroponics floramicro, florabloom, floragro and some supplements) then water, then alaska fish fertilizer then water, then fertilizing with general hydroponics again.

During flowering stage I do one fertilizing then two watering for the week. For watering I add monster bloom + big bud, sometimes I use weightmax or other brands that contain high level of phosphorus and potassium.

Any tips or suggestions?

H

hiimjohn

What type of lighting are you using in what sort of groom space?. How close is your lighting to the canopy? Groom temp? Input water Ph???

Keep in mind if your using a enviro controller and you have a temp probe the probe needs to be at the canopy level of the crop. Reason being is lots of folks hang em on the wall and it wont give you an accurate leaf temp at the canopy. You can actually be running 5-9 deg F hotter at canopy level as opposed to having the temp gauge hung on an outside wall.

My water ph is around 6.5. The light is about 1-2 feet away from my trees, my room temperature has been between 79-84.

I keep my lights at 600w during vegetative stage and 1000w for flowering.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I use potting soil to grow mine, right now during vegetative stage I do 1 fertilizing (with general hydroponics floramicro, florabloom, floragro and some supplements) then water, then alaska fish fertilizer then water, then fertilizing with general hydroponics again.

During flowering stage I do one fertilizing then two watering for the week. For watering I add monster bloom + big bud, sometimes I use weightmax or other brands that contain high level of phosphorus and potassium.

Any tips or suggestions?
Hi john,
While I don't know about the specific fertilizers you are using, I can see that you are using a lot of it.
You are growing in soil. Soil retains ferts, chemicals, additives much longer than other growing mediums.
One rule of thumb you will learn here is that less is more. We see far more trouble caused by over fertilizing, over watering, etc., than we do by people under caring for their plant.
Others will see your post here who know about the types of ferts you are using...hopefully they will give some advice.
For example, I started my grow in soil rich in decomposing forest products mixed in the dirt back in May. Since then, every several weeks I put small amounts of ground fish, ground fish bones and ground kelp on top of the soil and watered in.
In flower I decrease the fish meal which raises the comparative values of the P and K. ( fish meal contains high N.)
Simple, but it seems to work. Feeding some worm castings mixed overnight in water is considered a treat that the plants respond well to.

Top Bottom