Help - Short and extremely dense plants

• Thread starter SpeedBump
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpeedBump

I've been searching for this everywhere but can't find an answer other then "It's healthy, enjoy the grow". My plants are on day 29 (week 5) and are 8.5 inches tall with 8 nodes. The trunk is about the width of my index finger...This can't be normal? This is my first grow indoors.

Light: Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 100% and 4 feet from plants 18/6 (veg)
Temp: 23C/73F night 27C/81F day
Ph: 6.2
EC 800ppm
Medium: Coco in 8" FloraFlex square pots

Help   short and extremely dense plants
Help   short and extremely dense plants 2
S

SpeedBump

Just found a thread requesting more specifics...here they are:

Strain - Indica Eve5st
Number of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Top Feed
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Setup - 1 gallon 8" Flora Flex pots
Light - Mars Hydro TSW2000
Nutrients - LetsGrow A + B
Medium - Coco coir
PPM - 800
PH - 6.2
Humidity- 30% to 55%
Room Temperature - 72F to 76F
Solution Temperature -60F
Room Square Footage - 3 x 3
Pests - Non visible

S

SpeedBump

That was my plan but it's impossible to top it because it's SO dense. Outdoors I've always been easily able to pinch off that top node...I'm at a loss
PXL 20220209 170602721
PXL 20220209 170624973
PXL 20220209 170632264

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

I had same issues! It solved itself when it turned out male...

Next time I had same issue, but the plant flower well and is just more bushy than usual.

You can try and remove the lower leaves.

S

SpeedBump

Thank you...So would you suggest skip the topping and go right to defoliation?

jby

jby

Happen to my current growth, going to harvest this week. The buds arenā€™t big enough but very dense. This is my first indica, I did a lots of sativa in the pass, not much experience on trimming and training, that may be the problem, mine was even denser then yours, trimming was pain. I think they are fine

2Bad

2Bad

I've got the light 4 feet above the canopy, I can't go any higher (although I could dim it). Do you think it's getting too much light? I was hoping to top it a few times, i just can't get in their to do it because it's so dense.
im interested too @ComfortablyNumb let us know!

2Bad

2Bad

I thought I read defoliation should happen just before switching and then again after about three weeks?
you can defoliate whenever. I would definetly top and LST. sadly short stocky plants in 1 gallons of coco wont stretch much at least they didnt in my experience. but It could be a genetic thing too. still yielded decent.

S

SpeedBump

you can defoliate whenever. I would definetly top and LST. sadly short stocky plants in 1 gallons of coco wont stretch much at least they didnt in my experience. but It could be a genetic thing too. still yielded decent.
That's the problem. I can't get in their without a magnifying glass to see where to top it.

S

SpeedBump

I'm debating just taking the whole cluster at the top off (might be a few nodes) but at least then it'll grow a pair and I can work from their...

PXL 20220209 1706027212
S

SpeedBump

you don't seem like a beginner why you making it so hard its literally just the top lmao dont top anything else just the top
Literally my first grow indoors, I guess I'm just panicking because it's not what I expected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom