PH: 5.1-5.2
PPM: 1,180
TMP: 72F

Rockwool:
PH: 6.7-6.8

Room Temp: Min 62, Max 87
Room Humidity: Min 28, Max 63

Problems:

1. Approximately 2 weeks ago, the 707 Headband started showing signs of nutrient burn - the mid and upper level leaves were yelllowing at th edges. I flushed the system with RO Water for 36 hours, and then started with a lower strength nutrient solution.

I then noticed that all of the plants were having issues with the lower leaves, but the 707 was most impacted. The lower leaves were drying up (crispy dry) and falling off. For the most part the leaves would stay green, rarely yellowing. I was thinking possible nitrogen def due to PH lockout (Rockwool PH of 6.7-6.8). I adjusted the solution to be more acidic to balance it out.

Problem 2.
About 4 days ago, a Sour Grape Haze went from very healthy, to very sick. I've attached a picture from 4 days ago, and a picture from today.
Three days ago, one 707 Headband started getting sick as well.
Today, a Green Crack is getting sick.
Various pictures attached.

Problem 3.
About 3 weeks ago, I brought in a new batch of Hindu Skunk clones. It looks like those clones brought in spidermites. The mites have spread throughout the clones and into the GN1 & AK2. I've treated with miticide as well as a solution of diluted bleach. They also are showing continued issues with the lower leaves, despite healthy new growht.

I think I have the spidermites under control. I"m dousing them 1 - 2x daily. Any advice is always appreciated.

My biggest concerns are the first two problems. With problem 1, the plants are slowly getting worse. With problem 2, they spontaneiously get very sick, and go downhill FAST.

Please Help!

Burned 707jpg
Sick haze day 1jpg
Sick haze day 4 pic2jpg
Help   sick girlies 4
Help   sick girlies 5
Gn1 ak2 canopyjpg
Damage to gn1jpg
Damage to gn1 pic2jpg
707 canopyjpg
G

GroHi

The pH is very high & that's where i would start.

You say rw, but it looks like rw starter cubes in the rocks, so really you're growing in rocks.

Either way, both start off with higher pH's... or rather they have residues that up the pH.

Did you rinse prior to putting in the system?

When you have been flushing, you shouldn't be recirculating... flush drain to waste. This is the only way to correct the situation in the medium/root zone.

I would flush w a low ppm solution that is pH'd, then drain it to waste until you see the pH drop back into the range you started with. The ppm's will likely be pretty high too.

Peace.

R

ryukenss

RE: Flushing

THanks for the reply, and sorry for not being more clear.

All of these are clones from local dispensaries. All of the rockwool was provided by them - so I do not know if it was flushed or not.

I did flush the rocks with RO water, but I don't think I PH adjusted the water prior to flushing (so it would have been 7.0 water).

I was not recirculating after a flush. I'd do a 100% drain, add more RO water, then nutes. I don't want to know how much water I've flushed in the past 2 - 3 weeks :/.

So you're suggesting I dump the existing solution, run it for 24-48 hrs w/ RO water (ph adjusted, 5.5?), until the RW / Rock is ph'ing appropriately?

G

GroHi

Basically... just saying you should get the pH down, within range & then work from there. I'll wager that you will start to see visible improvement the next day.

A lot of the pics don't look that far from right, but the one just dying is of concern... that one makes me think of a root rot or something else extreme... maybe the line clogged & dried out, or something. A plant just randomly wilting & dying isn't "normal", ya know?

Top Bottom