HELP!!! Something's Wrong With My Plants

• Thread starter BlackBriar7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Hello,
I started noticing one of my plants sagging and drooping the other day and looked it up and found it could be Nitrogen Toxicity so I did a flush on that one and made the holes on the bottom larger for drainage. Now it's starting to happen to the other ones as well. At first, I thought it was Nitrogen Toxicity, then thought maybe Overwatering, but I also had them out in the sun yesterday, and it was a pretty intense sun day, and I started thinking they got Heat Stress or Light Burn.

Can anyone take a look at the pictures below and provide any suggestions on what is happening and what I could do? I'm back to the original theory of Nitrogen Toxicity and thinking about doing a Flush on them. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Help somethings wrong with my plants
Help somethings wrong with my plants 2
Help somethings wrong with my plants 3

teejacks

teejacks

water drainage is very important for young seedlings. put as many holes in the cups as you can. soil should be low in fertilizer and amendments to start. then add later as needed when you transplant. if those seedlings never saw sun and you put them out in full sun for 6 hours or something the potential for sun burn is probably high. if you think youve overwatered make sure they dry out and see how the plants react. plant in the middle looks good. whatever you did with that one, do to the others lol

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

water drainage is very important for young seedlings. put as many holes in the cups as you can. soil should be low in fertilizer and amendments to start. then add later as needed when you transplant. if those seedlings never saw sun and you put them out in full sun for 6 hours or something the potential for sun burn is probably high. if you think youve overwatered make sure they dry out and see how the plants react. plant in the middle looks good. whatever you did with that one, do to the others lol

That's the thing, I'm doing the same exact thing to all the plants, so I don't understand why the one in the middle is thriving.

teejacks

teejacks

could be a stronger seed im not sure. the others look overwatered and one looks crispy and probably done for. as long as your new leaves are looking good you're going in the right direction. lower leaves are going to fall off anyways

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

could be a stronger seed im not sure. the others look overwatered and one looks crispy and probably done for. as long as your new leaves are looking good you're going in the right direction. lower leaves are going to fall off anyways

Any thoughts on removing the crispy leaves so the other ones might grow so the plants can survive?

If you haven't guessed, this is my first time attempting to grow.

IMG 9416
IMG 9417
IMG 9418
IMG 9419
IMG 9420
IMG 9421

teejacks

teejacks

ive only done two grows so im not the best person to ask lol. but it would make sense to possibly cut off the burnt parts and leave whats green so that the plants isnt trying to heal the crispy leaves. soil looks nice and dry now so if the pots are light give them some water with slight run off 👍 we are all learning on here! GL

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

ive only done two grows so im not the best person to ask lol. but it would make sense to possibly cut off the burnt parts and leave whats green so that the plants isnt trying to heal the crispy leaves. soil looks nice and dry now so if the pots are light give them some water with slight run off 👍 we are all learning on here! GL

Ya that's what I was thinking too.

I'm going to let them sit for another day or two before giving them any water; the soil is a little damp underneath.

Ain't that the truth. This is my first time and there's so much conflicting info out there.

Thanks

uphere

uphere

Add Perlite to your soil. Do not water again until pot is light in weight. Keep shades in spotty shade outside until they have hardened to weather. Good luck on you grow.

Artski87

Artski87

I think that you feed the seedlings a bit to early and it might be nutrient burn . I did the same thing with my northern lights auto right from the start ioverwatered and over feed and it looked very similar to your pics

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

I think that you feed the seedlings a bit to early and it might be nutrient burn . I did the same thing with my northern lights auto right from the start ioverwatered and over feed and it looked very similar to your pics

Were you able to recover them?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Did you already feed them??? Seedlings have all of the nutrients they need for at least 2 weeks. Also, I'd fill in those holes on top. Having holes on bottom helps drainage, but those holes on top are only going to stress the root mass.

Cheers

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Did you already feed them??? Seedlings have all of the nutrients they need for at least 2 weeks. Also, I'd fill in those holes on top. Having holes on bottom helps drainage, but those holes on top are only going to stress the root mass.

Cheers

No, I haven't given them anymore nutrients since the suspected Nitrogen Toxicity burning. I flushed them and let them sit for 3 days and chill and then gave them a little water yesterday; that's actually what those darker spots are, they aren't holes, they just look like that from the camera.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
No, I haven't given them anymore nutrients since the suspected Nitrogen Toxicity burning. I flushed them and let them sit for 3 days and chill and then gave them a little water yesterday; that's actually what those darker spots are, they aren't holes, they just look like that from the camera.

Ah, gotcha!

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

I also just realize: if you look at the burnt to shit one, there's something growing and popping out of the soil on the left side of it... I have no idea what it is, but if it sprouted from the root system that'd be insane.

IMG 9488

teejacks

teejacks

i love how you didnt give up on the crissssspp one 😂 👍 it takes so long for them to recover from seedling damage eh? time goes by sooooooooo slow! well done keep at it! lots of season left

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

i love how you didnt give up on the crissssspp one 😂 👍 it takes so long for them to recover from seedling damage eh? time goes by sooooooooo slow! well done keep at it! lots of season left

That one crispy one is super dead now; it flopped over and when I went to pick it up it just came right out of the soil. The new sprout has turned out to be a Grape Tomato plant... no idea how.

But here's a picture of them now:

IMG E9563

Top Bottom