Help! Split stem straight down middle!

• Thread starter Cy12341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cy12341

Cy12341

This is second grow and first time using any training techniques. I have a grape ape clone that I've been training and recently it split down the middle. I'd like to keep all the branches in tact and hopefully begin flowering soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help split stem straight down middle
Help split stem straight down middle 2
Help split stem straight down middle 3
Madmax

Madmax

drive a stake in away from stem without doing to much damage and tape the branch to the stake to support the branch.then tape where its broken just to help a little..

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Your splint looks good. I like to get my splits pressed back together as tight as possible, but I'm sure that will heal just fine.

If you can find it online or at your local garden store there is plant glue for exactly this kind of situation. A friend even had one that had extra N in it!

Try to remember that joint will be weaker, especially if you are going into flower and it hasn't healed entirely yet. Big heavy buds could weigh it down enough to split again if not supported.

Madmax

Madmax

Agree ^ it will most likely split more ...just support it the best you can..ive had this more times than ive had sunday dinners..it wont heal up but wont affect the plant too much...

Edit: even if it doesnt split anymore it best to b safe than sorry..

Last edited:
Miiikke

Miiikke

Your splint looks good. I like to get my splits pressed back together as tight as possible, but I'm sure that will heal just fine.

If you can find it online or at your local garden store there is plant glue for exactly this kind of situation. A friend even had one that had extra N in it!

Try to remember that joint will be weaker, especially if you are going into flower and it hasn't healed entirely yet. Big heavy buds could weigh it down enough to split again if not supported.
Yeah, I would criss cross tape that right? Im sure itll grow back together but faster with a piece of tape weaved through that manifold. I use micropore tape but ive seen all kinds used. I like to get the tear pressed back together so it can fuse right away, a proper stem split can build the plants strength, and immune system, plants strengthen and speed up as a defensive tactic in order to out grow a presented threat, the plant has signals to which it responds to, you have complete control of those signals, I believe heavy bending also increases grow speed and strengthens joints, thats the word I was looking for 😂. Id tape the whole joint as light as possible not to many layers, and snug tight but not to tight or to loose. I wouldnt break my plant on purpose, but I do notice the split branches from twisting develop better, what you want actually is split straight down the middle, yours is actually split straight across, Id give that a good cast so it can beal properly, you can take it off later to keep from restricting the stem

133EF36F 0A9B 443E 8845 FA1C4C8C7679
Last edited:
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I've also had branches that never healed because I forgot about them. Hanging by a thread, barely supported, still produce buds.
No

Happens pretty regular because I'm not a sicko, not into bondage. Don't believe in cutting up plants either. Yes there's roots attached to this plant I just finished smoking (yall can keep your jarred hay)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep this plant is over a year old been split both ways no problem when a plant is torn or split it shuts down that area like a submarine it has compartments that keep the rest of the plant going and repair to he wound as long as there is cambium layer on or near the year it will produce fine buds, in the 40 or so years I've been growing this stinging weed I have split plants on purpose a practice I was taught by my Father bit I'll leave that for another thread . Regards od .

Porky1982

Porky1982

I've also had branches that never healed because I forgot about them. Hanging by a thread, barely supported, still produce buds.
View attachment 1101019
Happens pretty regular because I'm not a sicko, not into bondage. Don't believe in cutting up plants either. Yes there's roots attached to this plant I just finished smoking (yall can keep your jarred hay)
😂😂😂
How bout ya post a pic of a plant that’s got some buds on it.

Oz160

Oz160

Thanks for this thread, most enlightening. I’ve got an enormous 2 pound kiwi outside that has split and yet still alive and kicking despite only a quarter still attached. I’ve wedged it up with a milk crate!

Aletardo

Aletardo

The support you made there is just fine, the plant will heal itself very quick, worst case scenario is really only a week of slower growth, don't panic :-)
Question, if I split my plant but let it stay split a little wider than usual but twined the rest closed is that okay? Trying to get a more light coverage and thought about that

Top Bottom