Help Squiggly With His Compost Tea Project!!

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

There is a product similar to what you describe..OG Tea VSS. Microbial tea with all food sources included.

I think the innovative aspects of this product, relative to competition, will be:

1. Considerations relating to ionic strength.
2. Buffered pH.
3. Slightly more specialized, and intended for the advanced user--while still maintaining ease of use.

It's actually not my intention to add everything needed by the tea. More what I'm looking into is how can I optimize the environment for the bacteria such that it fits into the more common recipes that fit in with advanced users, especially organic farmers, who prefer to use their own additives and composts. So, in essence, I want to allow the gardener to decide what kind of nutritive content they're getting in their tea while at the same time providing a baseline for the bennies. This way you can deal with where your micros and other such things you want in there are coming from. I will provide a stable soup for your little guys that you can play with--and that hopefully will allow you to get more directed and predictable results. IE, if I use this recipe I get this same result every time.

Another thing is I'd like to play with the idea of getting a good soup going with JUST these simple salts and sugars and something like OG Biowar, and letting it proliferate to huge bloom numbers. Then you can add in your other stuff and let it brew for awhile longer. I think doing it this way is going to get you much more reliable diversity. If you start adding this compost and that additive, you're probably going to end up breaking the buffer--but if you use just the buffer and its food along with a bare innoculent like OG Biowar, you're going to get a REALLY predictable colony distribution every single time. You can then pop in your additives and other innoculants without doing much damage to the overall diversity. Even if you broke the buffer you could just treat it like a regular tea from this point and just watch the pH over a few hours.

This might seem like a small benefit, but for someone who REALLY wants those fucking aphids to die--this kind of methodology might be the ticket. I think it's worth investigating to be sure.

As a bonus to farmers that use Caps OG Biowar, this product is going to be optimized using his product line, so it's something they'd be able to incorporate into their regimen seamlessly.

gone rayson

gone rayson

I was hoping to scale the thing down to a tabletop size if possible, to give a clearer idea of what I'm working towards. The upside down 2 liter is ridiculously close to what I've got envisioned. I wish there was something just a little bit more to scale with what brewers usually look like.

Good suggestions all, I'm still hoping to find a molded solution somewhere from some plastic supplier so that I can depend on threading rather than glue and make quick work of the build.
Hey, Squiggly...have a look at this vessel: http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr-Gasket/Mr-Gasket-Fast-Fill-Funnels/747216/10002/-1

Latest posts

Top Bottom