Help!? Stunted growth!!!

• Thread starter hobby4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hobby4life

hobby4life

Hey guys I think I'm root bound and the only reason I can figure out how is that I didn't lossen up my roots before transfer into larger pots. I got my clones from a friend and he told me on pick up that he had tipped them for me (at only 200mm high)
I am currently trying to fill a scrog net and have had my three clones in for 4 weeks now and have only gained another 200mm in height.the only other reason I can put it down to is the fact that they were tipped so early and that is why they don't want to grow up as much.
I'm running a 600w HPS and a 200w LED. Temps are high of 28C and low of 19C with good airflow and and RH of 50%
I'm really lost for what to do, they are still looking healthy and bushing out quite well, any ideas on how to get some more height out of them?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Post some pics so we can see what's going on. When plants are topped that stem will not grow any taller and the plant will focus more growth on the branches just below it.

hobby4life

hobby4life

I am aware that once
tipped/topped they bush out but they have been in there for 4 weeks now and haven't been moving up really at all since week two... yes they keep sprouting shoots but I would have expected then to have gotten a bit taller is all. Would you say that tipping them so early is the cause of them not to shoot up or are they potentially duds? also as a side note I have done some defoliation because they were getting very bushy, I have lollipoped them as you can see in photos and unfortunately they are also bouncing back from a unfortunate heat stress situation that could have been prevented had I paid attention to what had happened earlier... a small earthquake knocked my old ballast off where it was sitting and it happened to land on my ducting and slowly started crushing it... šŸ˜…

IMG20190730204630
IMG20190730204644
IMG20190730204620
IMG20190730204707
IMG20190730205308
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I am aware that once
tipped/topped they bush out but they have been in there for 4 weeks now and haven't been moving up really at all since week two... yes they keep sprouting shoots but I would have expected then to have gotten a bit taller is all. Would you say that tipping them so early is the cause of them not to shoot up or are they potentially duds? also as a side note I have done some defoliation because they were getting very bushy, I have lollipoped them as you can see in photos and unfortunately they are also bouncing back from a unfortunate heat stress situation that could have been prevented had I paid attention to what had happened earlier... a small earthquake knocked my old ballast off where it was sitting and it happened to land on my ducting and slowly started crushing it... šŸ˜…
What's the white stuff on your leaves?

hobby4life

hobby4life

@Beachwalker Just needed to clean my mist spray bottle is all but thanks for pointing that out to me.

BigCube

BigCube

Hope it's not wpm. Anywho. 200mm is about 8 inches. 8 inches in 4 weeks isn't horrible. It's not ideal bit it's well within normal growth range.

For a more aggressive grow, moving the lights closer or feeding plant more often or more can help.

hobby4life

hobby4life

I have no idea what wpm is but thank you for the advice @BigCube
My light is already sitting at 450mm which is just under 18 inches but I will try feeding more often

hobby4life

hobby4life

Good news I seem to have sorted it out, at first I thought it was the airpots that I was struggling with but it turns out.. It is my first time using guano and I needed to up the dose on it and it seems to have come right I noticed an overnight change and the leafs are now sitting quite perky.
Thanks for all your help šŸ˜

Top Bottom