HELP !!! Surprise Homeowner Inspection in Middle of Harvest... Really? OMFG

• Thread starter Rhilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rhilo

Rhilo

I have over 10K invested in the UC and RDWC systems that are in my HIGHLY MODIFIED garage in this fancy neighborhood, ,,, shit shit shit.... Plus they are in the middle of flower, day 28... Any suggestions.. Is it a dark room? Any suggestion??? Do I stack boxes to the ceiling and say Its all boxes, im moving, the rooms are all built with 2x4 framing, 5/8 sheetrock, the works.. It will take 2 weeks just to repair construction... Rest of home is immaculant, so how to keep them out of garage is the trick.. Come on farmers,, give me ideas please.. IDEAS?????????

Rhilo

Rhilo

Dude, the freakin wife came home yesterday with news that the homeowners who live on east coast want to inspect the home. They just spent like 10k on septic issues caused by tree roots, so they want to inspect the work i guess and do a walkthrough. I have over 10K invested in the UC and RDWC systems that are in my HIGHLY MODIFIED garage in this fancy neighborhood, ,,, shit shit shit.... Plus they are in the middle of flower, day 28... Any suggestions.. Is it a dark room? Any suggestions??? Do I stack boxes to the ceiling and say Its all boxes, im moving?? The rooms are all built with 2x4 framing, 5/8 sheetrock, the works!! I paid a carpenter to build it right. It will take 2 weeks just to repair construction... Rest of home is immaculant, clean and taken care of, so how to keep them out of garage is the trick.. Come on farmers,, give me ideas please.. IDEAS????????? DS; Please see that this gets some airtime with the "smart guys" who have maybe had to deal with this shit.. lol, somebody has done some quick thinking before;help... I will know more details later today, we are gonna try and scream that we have lots of older family in town for holidays and that it would be very disturbing and upsetting.. They just cut down the beautiful trees in my front yard due to septic trouble caused by roots, supposedly, i want to move anyway now its ugly as hell, but lease isnt up till end of Feb.. I just gotta either keep them out of garage or something.. We have legal cards for the grow, thats not the issue.

sky high

sky high

Not to be a smart ass...but you should have spent the 10K on a down payment for your own house before doing such modifications or ever thought of going so big in a RENTAL.

You either tear it down.....or stand tall. You wanna move anyway.... so let it all unfold and see if that is gonna be the case. Either way, expect them to (at least) be pissed you've modified/changed their home (I'm guessing, against the verbiage of the lease) without permission/etc. Rightly so.

How soon are they coming? Can you pretend the walls are for something else if the plants/equip is gone so you can move them back in later? Maybe U Haul them elsewhere?

If it was me....I'd just take my chances.... especially if my garden WAS legal and in count and the law couldn't do anything if they are called to the home and there is a scene.

it's a great time to buy a house........ (hint..hint...)

good luck.

sky high

sky high

the OP started more than one thread on this. In another post he said he was legal.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Yaeh most homeowners dont wantcha growin weed in their homes legal or not. Shit, keep doin what u r doin. Lock the doors n pretend u r away on vacation till u harvest. Call and try to schedule this inspection for after ur harvest. He might be pissed for duckin him. But atleast you will have the scratch to get a new spot!!

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

take a deep breath you'll be fine. Just stay calm and if they ask what's in the garage say your working on dark room photography. or pretend there is a family emergency to postpone but then you've gotta be extra sneaky since you wont actually be going anywhere. If you converted the whole house then :eek:

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What's his reasoning for this surprise inspection? If he's already on to you I'd consider making up a story that will put you out of town but you'll have to live as such, keep lights low at night and be careful coming and going. Find all the information you can about your right as a tenant. Worst case scenario he finds it and you have to offer him compensation to let you finish, people are greedy...

Rhilo

Rhilo

Update coming Soon::: Talking to property mngt later this am and will have a better idea of when they want to come, if we can postpone because of family visiting for holidays, if we can talk to the actual homeowner we would feel better.. You can tell by the way someone talks, what they say, how they act, etc.. what type of people they are to start with.. Then kinda play it by ear, so I'll update later, keep the tips coming.. Until then, I should have said....

Thanks guys; and sky, I know.. Or, I know now I should say.. You guys didnt get my other posts; about how this is my first indoor grow since 1991.. First ever in hydro, and only 9 months under my belt at that..It started out, just a small storage room grow, lol..

EPoison
Doors
3EPS
PEXP
100 1408
EPWW
100 1402
100 1411
100 1394
100 1256
100 1258
Rhilo

Rhilo

What's his reasoning for this surprise inspection? If he's already on to you I'd consider making up a story that will put you out of town but you'll have to live as such, keep lights low at night and be careful coming and going. Find all the information you can about your right as a tenant. Worst case scenario he finds it and you have to offer him compensation to let you finish, people are greedy...
Kinda not like that.. These are rich folks that live on east coast and have fancy vacation homes and rental property. We (I) am not used to such strict property mngt company and all their; many weird deposits, etc.. This may help me convince the wife we need to buy finally.. We are legal caregivers and my wife is a true cancer patient so we have no legal concerns in that area. They just forked out 10K for septic repairs and tree removal; the property landscaping looks aweful, so I am guessing that is their reasoning for the visit more than anything.. It's not a conspiracy. lol

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Man that sucks! Heres my thoughts.

1.Your always better off growing in a rental because the property cant be seized and sold out from under you. But if you do buy property to grow on try and have someone else carry the title for the same reason.

2. How long have you lived there and are these surprise visits normal? If not Id be asking myself why now?

3.What I would say depends on the owners personality and where it is that you live? For instance Ive got a friend on here that just went through the same thing but hes renting up in Nor Cal where everyone is growing so he just told the truth and it worked out. I was very shocked. I live in LA and if that happened to me Id say I had a family death and wont be back until after harvest.

4.Some options to consider are buy a couple 10 x 10 tents and move everything at night with uhaul to new spot.

5. Find a business complex where you can rent a spot that has roll up doors but make sure the owner knows you want to use it for personal storage. One scenario that I know works is to say your gonna store your race car there. For not that much money you can buy an old dirt track beater and park it right inside the roll up door along with a couple stacks of tires and get an engine lift and you can probably find a non working engine for practically free. So when the doors up you see all this shit right away but in the back of the building you do your build out. Because its a biz complex no one will trip that your there everyday and the fire dept wont come for fire inspection because its for personal storage ( they check all businesses ).

6. Find a new place to live and use tents for easy and fast take down.

I think up to this point with the knowledge you have your doing ok because these are the chances we all take in one form or another. Ive gone through the exact same shit as many of us have and most of us are still here so just stay calm an think of a way out. Like I said earlier unless I know everything about your situation including the landlord its hard to give the right advice.

Good luck and stay calm!

Rhilo

Rhilo

the OP started more than one thread on this. In another post he said he was legal.
Sky, thanks for the correction and forgive me for, I am just learning how to use these forums and post questions properly. I have been reading for awhile, just signed up recently though.. So thanks for understanding; NEWBIE. .lol

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Kinda not like that.. These are rich folks that live on east coast and have fancy vacation homes and rental property. We (I) am not used to such strict property mngt company and all their; many weird deposits, etc.. This may help me convince the wife we need to buy finally.. We are legal caregivers and my wife is a true cancer patient so we have no legal concerns in that area. They just forked out 10K for septic repairs and tree removal; the property landscaping looks aweful, so I am guessing that is their reasoning for the visit more than anything.. It's not a conspiracy. lol

Never rent homes from property mgmt.

sky high

sky high

Sorry to hear it's yer "re-entry" to this and things are going crazy...... but that >>IS<< the game...if you remember. :D If you were growing in '91....as I was....at least you don't have the PARANOIA to deal with on the level we saw back then.

Timing is good with the Holidays. You might also take a series of really good pics of the yard/septic/WHATEVER...and forward them to the property mgmt co..... this might stave the owner off a bit....cus pics tell 1000 words and all that shit..... it would also show you have enough care/concern to do whatever you can to help out to alleviate their worries.....

might not keep em away...but you never know. Many times the out-of-state landlord will book a trip that can't be easily changed....and they ARE coming...and have EVERY right to do so.

good luck!

Rhilo

Rhilo

Man that sucks! Heres my thoughts.

1.Your always better off growing in a rental because the property cant be seized and sold out from under you. But if you do buy property to grow on try and have someone else carry the title for the same reason.

2. How long have you lived there and are these surprise visits normal? If not Id be asking myself why now?

3.What I would say depends on the owners personality and where it is that you live? For instance Ive got a friend on here that just went through the same thing but hes renting up in Nor Cal where everyone is growing so he just told the truth and it worked out. I was very shocked. I live in LA and if that happened to me Id say I had a family death and wont be back until after harvest.

4.Some options to consider are buy a couple 10 x 10 tents and move everything at night with uhaul to new spot.

5. Find a business complex where you can rent a spot that has roll up doors but make sure the owner knows you want to use it for personal storage. One scenario that I know works is to say your gonna store your race car there. For not that much money you can buy an old dirt track beater and park it right inside the roll up door along with a couple stacks of tires and get an engine lift and you can probably find a non working engine for practically free. So when the doors up you see all this shit right away but in the back of the building you do your build out. Because its a biz complex no one will trip that your there everyday and the fire dept wont come for fire inspection because its for personal storage ( they check all businesses ).

6. Find a new place to live and use tents for easy and fast take down.

I think up to this point with the knowledge you have your doing ok because these are the chances we all take in one form or another. Ive gone through the exact same shit as many of us have and most of us are still here so just stay calm an think of a way out. Like I said earlier unless I know everything about your situation including the landlord its hard to give the right advice.

Good luck and stay calm!
I tried to explain; they just had to do major repairs, but have not so much as asked for a picture, so I'm kinda thinking that; or even, my wife had mentioned if the owner wanted to sell or lease with option as our renewal date is coming up in Feb.. That is a thought too.. They just bought this house in Nov 11, spent 20k ish on it and rented it.. I dont think they are "up" to anything, I just think it's "time" to move to a designated spot for my grow; away from my childs bed.. Regardless of Prop whatever, MMJ Cards, Caregiver licences, regardless, just a seperate spot..

Rhilo

Rhilo

Sorry to hear it's yer "re-entry" to this and things are going crazy...... but that >>IS<< the game...if you remember. :D If you were growing in '91....as I was....at least you don't have the PARANOIA to deal with on the level we saw back then.

Timing is good with the Holidays. You might also take a series of really good pics of the yard/septic/WHATEVER...and forward them to the property mgmt co..... this might stave the owner off a bit....cus pics tell 1000 words and all that shit..... it would also show you have enough care/concern to do whatever you can to help out to alleviate their worries.....

might not keep em away...but you never know. Many times the out-of-state landlord will book a trip that can't be easily changed....and they ARE coming...and have EVERY right to do so.

good luck!
And in MISSISSIPPI at that; HAHA !! Attics with a million 40w soft whites and warm whites hahaha!!

sky high

sky high

And hey bro.....if my wife had cancer..... I'd NOT tear down.... I'd look at 'em and TEAR UP.

If the fuckers boot ya after learning this fact... >>>>game on<<<< bitches...game on.

G

gooey

plenty of good ideas flowing in here...nothing like a home inspection to keep ya on ya toes...your doing all the right things so far. My suggestion is to lock the garage up, remove all signs of gorwing, and then if they come and if they want in the garage you simplyreply i dont have the key, my brother, uncle whoever, is going thru a divorce and needed somewere to store his stuff for a few weeks. i can try and get the key but he is in europe right now. i know this seems far fetched but your situation requires far fetched reasoning or a tear down, which seems outta the range of options. gl and remeber there just people also, no smell, no tell, youl be fine

Rhilo

Rhilo

ALL GOOD GUYS !! AWESOME NEWS !! Property Mngt is being super cool.. All the owners want is the prop mngt company to come take pictures of the work area in the front and side yards, and the chopped down trees so that they can decide what to plant, who to call, what to buy; to fix the yard as it looks like shit and we are pissed they cut down the trees.. So, anyway- they think we built a room for my in-laws to stay in for a few weeks.. My wife has cancer and they are here to help her with things so that she doent wear herself out and get really sick at xmas like she always does (works too much).. Anyway, so yeah they think we built xtra bedroom in garage and are gonna fix it when we leave.. It explains the power, the plumbling, the lock, lol.. PLUS ---They are NOT COMING until after Jan 1st, so ALL IS WELL.. I have 3 weeks
I am still going to take this as a sign and probably move to a more secure location..
Hell, Im rolling MPBs and UC systems - I NEED MORE ROOM !!!

THANKS EVERYBODY !!!!

sky high

sky high

Cool. If you are planning to move in Feb...... you will be telling them in Jan to give 30 day notice....so there's no need for them to come til the final inspection.

Mississippi, huh? LOL. My first was in Misery...'er....Missouri in 1982. Was young/dumb/full of cum and just popped em off in the backyard. LOL. My neighbors were an old couple and he watched me tend em for a long time before he had the nerve to ask me what it was... LOL.
When I told him he laughed...said "I thought that's what it was"....turned....walked away....and never said a damn thing after that.

I have a picture somewhere around here of me standing by 'em doin' a "thumbs up"....

good luck.... s h

Top Bottom