Help w starting seeds pls!!

• Thread starter nsw3913t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nsw3913t

I have been having issues from going from germinating in water to transfering to soil. I have some that are going great but have seeds w a tail that i have moved to soil that are super slow to grow. Barely trying to get out of the top of the soil. Then i have 2 of the same strain i started at same time, as in moving to soil, that are not growing at same rate, not even close. I have them under 400 watt full spectrum led at 75%. I have a tent coming so i will move them in there soon. Any help with what i am doing wrong is greatly appreciated. I am wateringnthe larger ones every couple days and spraying the seedling 1-2 times a day w about 6 squirts. Am i just over reacting lol? Pls help!!
20220704_092426.jpg
Help w starting seeds pls 2
Help w starting seeds pls 3
Help w starting seeds pls 6
Help w starting seeds pls 7

Help w starting seeds pls 4
Help w starting seeds pls 5
freezeland2

freezeland2

Way to much light. A small fluorescent light is all that’s needed right now. You would also do better with a seed starter mix, like jiffy or similar. Not sure what you are using now but it looks like a cup of bark.

When using seed starter mix you premoisten it, plant your seed and only water the cup when it drys out. Make sure to put plenty of drain holes in the bottom and around the sides near the bottom. You can also plant that seed directly in the starter mix and forget the seed soak, but that’s entirely up to you.

N

nsw3913t

Way to much light. A small fluorescent light is all that’s needed right now. You would also do better with a seed starter mix, like jiffy or similar. Not sure what you are using now but it looks like a cup of bark.

When using seed starter mix you premoisten it, plant your seed and only water the cup when it drys out. Make sure to put plenty of drain holes in the bottom and around the sides near the bottom. You can also plant that seed directly in the starter mix and forget the seed soak, but that’s entirely up to you.
Thx!! Ill turn em down to 25%. I tried the jiffy pellets but have the same issue. Here is the soil i am using. I also have a mix i will mix into the soil when i transplant them to 20 gal pots. Here are a few more pics

20220630 131334
Screenshot 20220630 132851 Amazon Shopping

Soil looks too solid. Mix in perilite. Too much light.
Will get perlite tomorrow thx and gunna turn down to 25% or shud i shut 1 off and keep at 25%

Screenshot 20220630 132851 Amazon Shopping
growsince79

growsince79

Thx!! Ill turn em down to 25%. I tried the jiffy pellets but have the same issue. Here is the soil i am using. I also have a mix i will mix into the soil when i transplant them to 20 gal pots. Here are a few more pics

View attachment 1259048View attachment 1259050

Will get perlite tomorrow thx and gunna turn down to 25% or shud i shut 1 off and keep at 25%
Are they going outside? Why 20g pots?

N

nsw3913t

I wasn’t talking about jiffy pellets. This is what I was referring to.

Ahhhhh ok sorry super new to this. I went down to 1 light and turned it down to about 20% is that good or shud i turn it up to 25 lol. Yeah i guess i need a lot more specific info for u to give me an answer though. Thanks for ur help. Ill replant them tomorrow. No one is open today.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ahhhhh ok sorry super new to this. I went down to 1 light and turned it down to about 20% is that good or shud i turn it up to 25 lol. Yeah i guess i need a lot more specific info for u to give me an answer though. Thanks for ur help. Ill replant them tomorrow. No one is open today.
You can download a phone app for a light meter. Most use Photone. You only want about 150 ppfd max on those right now.

freezeland2

freezeland2

5g or even 3g is sufficient depending on grow style and what you want to achieve. Bigger pots mean fewer plants, and a much harder time for a new grower to learn how to properly water.

N

nsw3913t

Increase intensity very gradually over time. For example when you have 2 or 3 sets of leaves you should only be around 200 - 250 ppfd max.
great thx again!!!! Glad to get some help!! Ill replant tomorrow morning. And for seeds how much water. Been spraying 1-2 timea a day about 6 squirts from a zep brand bottle. It sprays quite a bit.

N

nsw3913t

5g or even 3g is sufficient depending on grow style and what you want to achieve. Bigger pots mean fewer plants, and a much harder time for a new grower to learn how to properly water.
I can only grow 4 where i live space isnt an issue. Was gunna try and mainline prune em so thought i needed the space. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

freezeland2

freezeland2

great thx again!!!! Glad to get some help!! Ill replant tomorrow morning. And for seeds how much water. Been spraying 1-2 timea a day about 6 squirts from a zep brand bottle. It sprays quite a bit.
Water the starter mix before planting. You want it to hold together when squeezed but with water dripping out. Plant the seed in that and wait for it to dry out then water again until you see drips at the drain holes. You’ll never water sufficiently with a spray bottle.

N

nsw3913t

Water the starter mix before planting. You want it to hold together when squeezed but with water dripping out. Plant the seed in that and wait for it to dry out then water again until you see drips at the drain holes. You’ll never water sufficiently with a spray bottle.
Awesome thx

Top Bottom