Help!!we Grew Too Much Pot

• Thread starter 45North
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

I don't know what is really going on here but when I go in the local dispensaries around Portland I am seeing very low stock levels and several of the shops hardly have any indicas at all. I know there was a glut but I have seen some big operations around here close and so I am wondering if the market has not already responded to the over supply and is now going the other way. Prices have started to rebound. Black market was $100/oz and is now trending towards $130. The stuff I am seeing in the dispensaries is also like bottom of the barrel crap. Some shops are even selling the stuff left at the bottom of their containers as "shake" discounted 25%. I don't know exactly WTF is going on right now.

We had a bunch of big money come in and some of the really impressive grows have failed. One just down the street from me that had about 300 lights going failed after three runs.....

Dee

Dbear180

Dbear180

I don't know what is really going on here but when I go in the local dispensaries around Portland I am seeing very low stock levels and several of the shops hardly have any indicas at all. I know there was a glut but I have seen some big operations around here close and so I am wondering if the market has not already responded to the over supply and is now going the other way. Prices have started to rebound. Black market was $100/oz and is now trending towards $130. The stuff I am seeing in the dispensaries is also like bottom of the barrel crap. Some shops are even selling the stuff left at the bottom of their containers as "shake" discounted 25%. I don't know exactly WTF is going on right now.

We had a bunch of big money come in and some of the really impressive grows have failed. One just down the street from me that had about 300 lights going failed after three runs.....

Dee

I'm willing to bet the money got a little pushy with their grower & the grower responded with, "you grow it then" & bailed. I walked away from a sweet warehouse because the money started acting like they owned me. I've seen what they are doing now @ that spot & it hilarious how bad things have gone.

DGP

DGP

I'm willing to bet the money got a little pushy with their grower & the grower responded with, "you grow it then" & bailed. I walked away from a sweet warehouse because the money started acting like they owned me. I've seen what they are doing now @ that spot & it hilarious how bad things have gone.

Last I saw they sold all their stuff, several hundred spyder lights etc. Reason I know is I was drooling over them in the local hydro shop but they sold them off in a few days. I know someone that walked away from a 10,000 sq ft grow because of the same type of problem (treated the gardener like a slave and understaffed the whole operation). trying to run an indoor 10K sq ft grow and an outdoor operation (several acres) with 3 people.

I think it is funny to see all the green rush money come in a fail. The way Oregon set us up when they changed the laws to allow outside the state money to come in was a joke. They went for the tax revenue and tried to screw the smaller growers. I think the future is more and more looking like shortages are coming, why: Because they made it so hard and expensive for the medical growers to exist and to sell surplus. If I want more than one patient and to sell the excess I have to report, tag (cannabis tracking system) with upc codes and track every fucking plant and report inventory every month and then pay extra fees in addition to the cost of software and label printing machine and on and on. They are just driving people into the black market and then wondering why the black market keeps growing. Morons. The state could easily hire some cannabis experts to help make better policy decisions but they don't. One great example is plant counts. Any grower that has any experience knows plant counts are irrelevant but canopy sq footage is. Yet they continue with the stupid ass plant count thing. Every time they announce a new rules change it is obvious they are completely ignorant to how the cannabis market works.

I just grow for myself as a med patient and that is it, too expensive to do more.

Dee

DGP

DGP

Also, if I grow commercially here I have to put up with armed inspectors coming in and intimidated everyone. WTF storm troopers in a grow just to do an inspection? Barking orders at unarmed gardeners/employees? WTF?

Just to be clear, I have not witnessed this myself but have had several growers tell me this after having it happen to them....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Also, if I grow commercially here I have to put up with armed inspectors coming in and intimidated everyone. WTF storm troopers in a grow just to do an inspection? Barking orders at unarmed gardeners/employees? WTF?

Just to be clear, I have not witnessed this myself but have had several growers tell me this after having it happen to them....
If i was picked on at school then i went into a job that most dont trust... I would be an angry little guy with a badge too.

45North

45North

1600-2000 maybe done 1/16 at a time. For awhile it seemed like all the shops had the same flower, and mine was much better. If I wanted last years OD I can crack a jar that has been properly stored and not stale for free.
Some of the best artisanal I have found has been in very small shops near the coastline.
But it has been nearly a year since I’ve stepped inside a retailer.
45N

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Now that Orgeon grew way to much and clogged the market with below average Cannabis, they also put themselves in the crosshairs of the law this year. The law in those parts of the woods are fully funded this year to put a stop to it. On behalf of Northern Cali thank you for taking the attention off of us for the moment.

45North

45North

Now that Orgeon grew way to much and clogged the market with below average Cannabis, they also put themselves in the crosshairs of the law this year. The law in those parts of the woods are fully funded this year to put a stop to it. On behalf of Northern Cali thank you for taking the attention off of us for the moment.
Couldn’t agree more.
45N

Top Bottom