HELP! White power spot on leaves

• Thread starter DrGreenThumb905
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Not trying to steal your post but while we're on the subject I found a spot of pm on one of my plants and its barely noticeable under 60x on the buds and when I break apart the buds a white smoke whisps off them they are super crystally and someone mentioned this could be trichomes but i highly doubt it since none of the other nugs do this... Should I just make some edibles or rosin caps with this bud the rest of its good nug.? Fuck mold
If the plant was in a jar with that nug you can bet you’ve contaminated the others in the jar. If that’s the case I would be tossing it all out only because I can’t rule out that it isn’t mold. I don’t really know to much about ingesting it after heat is applied so I wouldn’t be able to comment much about that aspect.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

If the plant was in a jar with that nug you can bet you’ve contaminated the others in the jar. If that’s the case I would be tossing it all out only because I can’t rule out that it isn’t mold. I don’t really know to much about ingesting it after heat is applied so I wouldn’t be able to comment much about that aspect.
Have my smaller tent that had two autos in it with no dehu so the humidity was skyrocketing at night and my da didnt realize it, they are in the same room as my photos in my other tent that are in week 8 of flowering and prime mold growth time, they are supposably mold resistant strains and i have a dehumidifier consistently keeping the humidity between 30-40 my guess is they should be alright and i should stop bugging or should I worry that these autos are gonna infect the photos im sure the spores are already in there obviously but they shouldnt germinate with the humidity being low and no major temp fluct? I hope 🙏 I was gonna peroxide dunk the one plant I found the mildew on and did one branch and said the he'll with it now they been in the closet drying for two days and just did another inspection and broke open the biggest nugs and there was like a smoky whisp which im assuming is pm not trichomes? Could I still salvage this bud and give it another dunk and maybe make butter out of it? Or is it too late to dunk again

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Post a pic of it.
also if you have access to a good microscope I would take a sample and look at it. Trichomes in the microscope should look like this.

515C0ECF 5DDE 44D2 B584 E71E35399430
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Have my smaller tent that had two autos in it with no dehu so the humidity was skyrocketing at night and my da didnt realize it, they are in the same room as my photos in my other tent that are in week 8 of flowering and prime mold growth time, they are supposably mold resistant strains and i have a dehumidifier consistently keeping the humidity between 30-40 my guess is they should be alright and i should stop bugging or should I worry that these autos are gonna infect the photos im sure the spores are already in there obviously but they shouldnt germinate with the humidity being low and no major temp fluct? I hope 🙏 I was gonna peroxide dunk the one plant I found the mildew on and did one branch and said the he'll with it now they been in the closet drying for two days and just did another inspection and broke open the biggest nugs and there was like a smoky whisp which im assuming is pm not trichomes? Could I still salvage this bud and give it another dunk and maybe make butter out of it? Or is it too late to dunk again
If they don’t look like that then it’s mold. And all your plants in that tent need to be quarantined like they got flu. Lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
low humidity is not good, the mildew will thrive, you have to maintain the plant till the end, keep temp and humidity normal.

DrGreenThumb905

DrGreenThumb905

I have a microscope, I’ll take some pics of my issue. Never thought of that....

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

low humidity is not good, the mildew will thrive, you have to maintain the plant till the end, keep temp and humidity normal.
Yeah well from what I've read mold and mildew needs humidity to grow, dont understand hiw low humidity would provoke it if my tent arent getting over 80 id take a pic but just peroxide washed all the bud thats been hanging and a pretty good amount of pm came floating to the top of the water i hate throwing bud out and if it was any mold other than pm I for sure would I dont see how a little bit can be harmful if your baking the bud Idk about smoking but heat kills mildew around 212 I guess so if your deserving at 250 that should kill the fungues and make it safe for butter... Ive been on forums for 3 days looking up this crap and get all diff answers

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

your plants are infected with powdery white mildew.

what are the options:
A. cut it all down now, use for edibles or concentrate
B. Continue growing mold and continue to fight mold..all the while your crops and you suffer
C. Clear your calender , now your a mold fighter. Use the rest of the time you have left on the harvest to find out the main issues and correct them for the next run. chaulk it up as paying tuition for further education on the matter

We all get issues ..and when my plants were infected with powdery mold, i turned up the heat, sprayed them with milk....
allowed the milk to dry all over the plants.

What will work for me may not work for you and what works for her may not work for him.

In my case, it was the strain.
The strain itself was suseptable to mold although the breeder claimed it was mold resistant.

and i forgot to say GOOD LUCK

DrGreenThumb905

DrGreenThumb905

My humidity hangs around 30 to 45%. 45% only after watering.

DrGreenThumb905

DrGreenThumb905

And I forgot to mention that they are Grape Ape Strain. If you search the strain it’s resistant to mold, mildew, fungus and other issues.
Could this not be mildew??

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

your plants are infected with powdery white mildew.

what are the options:
A. cut it all down now, use for edibles or concentrate
B. Continue growing mold and continue to fight mold..all the while your crops and you suffer
C. Clear your calender , now your a mold fighter. Use the rest of the time you have left on the harvest to find out the main issues and correct them for the next run. chaulk it up as paying tuition for further education on the matter

We all get issues ..and when my plants were infected with powdery mold, i turned up the heat, sprayed them with milk....
allowed the milk to dry all over the plants.

What will work for me may not work for you and what works for her may not work for him.

In my case, it was the strain.
The strain itself was suseptable to mold although the breeder claimed it was mold resistant.

and i forgot to say GOOD LUCK
So you can use it for edibles?

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

so figured out my plants have downy mildew bot pm is that worse or better can't seem to find much info on it

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

No idea bro. But mildew is mildew. You need to either treat it and attempt to cure it or toss it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s wpm white powdery mildew.. the easiest way is what i stated if you want to keep them. but no matter what you’ll have to clean disinfect everything, don’t leave a speck of dead or live plant material anywhere, a single spore can live for a year on a piece of dead leaf..

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

it’s wpm white powdery mildew.. the easiest way is what i stated if you want to keep them. but no matter what you’ll have to clean disinfect everything, don’t leave a speck of dead or live plant material anywhere, a single spore can live for a year on a piece of dead leaf..
What about downy mildew I didnt have the spots on the leaves but the yellowing and brown spots associated with downy ya mildews mildew but should i stop bugging out about my other plants since the environment is on point ? Kinda just a looping conversation here my bad but ive been on forums for hours and need answers

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Well I ain’t no micro biologist but mildew is spread by spores in the air. If it’s inside your buds then the already flowering buds that are also in the same tent if any are likely gonna have to be chopped. Just chop the one(s) and that has it and disinfect every surface literally. If it’s on any veg plants use h202.

Top Bottom