Help with absolute shatter. Anyone?

• Thread starter Just me66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Just me66

Hi
I took 11 grams of shatter and added 200 mls of 190 proof everclear. Mixed well, placed in freezer for about 36 hrs. No coagulation of fats/ waxes. But I could clearly see the milky looking substance I believe was the lipids/fats and such. I strained it in the freezer using un bleached coffee filter. Barely anything on the filter. Put onto Pyrex to let evaporate on heat mat set at about 88.
It never shattered up. Kinda turned like live resin. I air dried for a few days. I didn’t place into my vac. I took a gram, put into shot glass and added 6 drops of blue brand terpenes to make a cart. The stuffed turned an a off white wax looking stuff. I didn’t put into cart.
Also, while it was drying, it was thick on top and liquid like under that. So I would break the top open to let liquid evaporate.

The only thing I can’t think of is my freezer is 13-14 degrees and I didn’t let go long enough??
Please help an old timer.

Thank you

FTCG

FTCG

Did you make the shatter or purchase it? It's possible it was already winterized.

Picture?

JG420

JG420

What's the point of the everclear if it was already shatter? To pull out sum of the cloudyhess of the fatty oils in the plant I guess? Been wondering how to get it perfectly clear myself, bud runs with no leaves is best but no matter what I always get 1-4 lil spots of cloudiness every run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom