Help with an auto please

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

I personally wouldn’t defoliate anything. Stressing the plant at that stage doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. I would just let the plant do it’s thing and be patient. I think you will be fine. Some people might tell you otherwise. I actually hardly defoliated anything off my auto plants. I Just did a minor “selective defoliation” to bring a little light to some major bud sites. I just clipped a few leaves here and there. I’m not a big believer in defoliation of autoflowers. Unless the leaves are noticeably dead.
I too am not a big believer in defoliation. I like to have as many energy making panels as possible even if they are damaged I usually let them go. Thanks for the advice , I’m pretty much done messin with it at this point. Hopefully she will make it another week or two with just water

Moshmen

Moshmen

Day 70 she’s a little crispy but still maturing won’t have a big harvest! Lol but at least she’s still alive! Thanx for all the help! Looks like she will go a(hopefully) another 7-10 days

B98EDFE6 8DF4 484D BA73 69E601D8DDA8
Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m starting a few more autos in 2 gallon pots maybe lst training or sog? Also what’s your opinion on the 2 gallon pot ? Big enuff? I’d like to pull at least 2oz dried off each plant, is it possible with small air pots? My reasoning is more water control. And space
32F5BA88 DEF8 444C ACEA 61B064C07081

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have a Canuck seeds lemon skunk auto in week 8 , under a cheap( recordcent) 1000 watt led , in organic soil that I supplement with general organic “grow box” nutrients when Needed( note I like to push ! Lol) .
I thought I had a mag. Deficiency but have been unable to stop it? I vary my water from 6.2 in the beginning the move up to about 6.8 in flower , I’ve even been all the way up to 7 with no real luck ! Could it be the light ? Or any other ideas View attachment 901859View attachment 901860
View attachment 901861
your pH is too high; in soil set at at 6.5 and keep it there steady for best results

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

At first I thought it was a cal mag deficiency, but then well you see. My run off was 6.8 last time I cked and temps run 74 during the day and 70 at nite , rh runs a bit higher than I’d like 45-50 but that’s not horrible? And I have been looking for mites and other pest and haven’t seen any but when this plant was a baby it was exposed to mites! I removed it / treated it with what I thought was good success ! Until now , I will def break out the loop and check it out! However the other plants in the tent don’t seem affected
It's not a Cal Mag deficiency, it's a Calcium deficiency caused by a lockout because of your pH.

There also appears to be some minor nute burn; stop adding nutrients to try to cure everything, it's not the way to do it

Also defoliation and other techniques are all somewhat advanced (defoliation is a whole other discussion), if I were you I'd try to get a few grows under my belt before I'd try to do anything except get a few grows under my belt.

If I can answer any specific questions feel free to ask, good luck!

Moshmen

Moshmen

It's not a Cal Mag deficiency, it's a Calcium deficiency caused by a lockout because of your pH.

There also appears to be some minor nute burn; stop adding nutrients to try to cure everything, it's not the way to do it

Also defoliation and other techniques are all somewhat advanced (defoliation is a whole other discussion), if I were you I'd try to get a few grows under my belt before I'd try to do anything except get a few grows under my belt.

If I can answer any specific questions feel free to ask, good luck!
Thanks and yes it a cal def and you are correct again I tried fixing by feeding! Smh 🤦‍♂️ I very my ph between 6.2- 6.8 do you think that locked her up? I vary on purpose for differ uptakes? The other plants in the tent don’t show the same signs, they were watered with the same water, although they were different strains which reacted differently! Ihave also discovered my lighting make the calcium and magnesium more mobile than normal? I have added a little Dolomite to my latest sprout hoping to lessen my need

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks and yes it a cal def and you are correct again I tried fixing by feeding! Smh 🤦‍♂️ I very my ph between 6.2- 6.8 do you think that locked her up? I vary on purpose for differ uptakes? The other plants in the tent don’t show the same signs, they were watered with the same water, although they were different strains which reacted differently! Ihave also discovered my lighting make the calcium and magnesium more mobile than normal? I have added a little Dolomite to my latest sprout hoping to lessen my need
your pH is too high; in soil set at at 6.5 and keep it there steady for best results
^

Ps. Defoliation doesn't work, it's just slows your plant down, counterproductive

If I were you I'd worry more about getting bud in the jar before I started worrying about this or that advanced technique,

first I'd learned the fundamentals, maybe later play around with this or that technique to see what actually works and what doesn't. good luck

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I too am not a big believer in defoliation. I like to have as many energy making panels as possible even if they are damaged I usually let them go. Thanks for the advice , I’m pretty much done messin with it at this point. Hopefully she will make it another week or two with just water
By the way you don't defoliate autos; and I can't think of anybody who's doing l s t on Autos either, you can't slow Autos down, think of them as plants with built-in timers, hope that helps!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Regarding dolomite: in foxfarm Ocean Forest I use one level tablespoon per gallon of soil and it's fine, however I recently added some peat moss (promix) to my soil mix and I added that same amount of dolomite and now I'm struggling to keep the pH under 7!! So be careful using it, start low and add only if necessary is always a good rule

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

By the way you don't defoliate autos; and I can't think of anybody who's doing l s t on Autos either, you can't slow Autos down, think of them as plants with built-in timers, hope that helps!
I misread what you said, I missed the word NOT as in not a big fan of defoliation, I thought you were defoliating Autos!?! LOL I've seen stranger things, I've seen a guy that continually tried to clone them! It didn't work out

Moshmen

Moshmen

I misread what you said, I missed the word NOT as in not a big fan of defoliation, I thought you were defoliating Autos!?! LOL I've seen stranger things, I've seen a guy that continually tried to clone them! It didn't work out
Lol! I’m very new to the indoor autoflower, I’ve only grown outdoors until this point and only photo. I think I’ll prolly take ur advice though and just let em grow! As long as I have the height in my tents. I currently started another batch and wouldn’t ya know it I’m pretty sure I’ve mixed the soil to “hot” I’m used to those Nute hungry outdoor in the ground plants! I’m really new at the in a pot thing! Lmao but I’ll get it. So my end goal is aprox 2ozs a plant , I’m curious what the average dried/cured weight one you experienced growers are happy with?

Moshmen

Moshmen

i like leaving the plant as natural as possible

Steve705

Steve705

Lol! I’m very new to the indoor autoflower, I’ve only grown outdoors until this point and only photo. I think I’ll prolly take ur advice though and just let em grow! As long as I have the height in my tents. I currently started another batch and wouldn’t ya know it I’m pretty sure I’ve mixed the soil to “hot” I’m used to those Nute hungry outdoor in the ground plants! I’m really new at the in a pot thing! Lmao but I’ll get it. So my end goal is aprox 2ozs a plant , I’m curious what the average dried/cured weight one you experienced growers are happy with?
I pulled in just over 7 oz from 2 auto plants. They were grown outdoors though. I used 5 gal fabric pots. Grew in promix BX (M). Bottle fed nutrients.

566D25EB 81F8 492C A3F4 89D2AD8F7E47
Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice lookin ladies! What strain? I wish I could grow outdoors! It’s still “frowned upon “ where I’m at now ! Sucks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Canuk seeds - auto lemon skunk
Wow that is exactly what I burnt up this grow! I’ll be lucky to grab an oz off this girl! But she’s still kickin, how long did they go? I’m on day 72 and looks like 7-10 days before they are finished.
39952099 1DC4 4039 A11C 585DB0458EB5

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I get about 3-4 z. per plant. Sorry again for the misunderstanding I'm like what the hell is he defoliating autos for and then I forgot all about it because it was World Series time (& I'm still a little shocked about Houston's performance last night) if I can answer any more questions for you my friend feel free to tag me in or stop by the beach house anytime, good luck!

Oh and regarding the hot soil do a slurry test (two to one with ro or distilled water, let it sit 15 minutes after you stir it up) and let us know the readings

and don't worry too much about hot soil I had an old soggy bag from the bottom of my hydro store that went out of business, literally the last bag of ffof in the store, I did a slurry it was almost 1,800 PPM and I planted in it and it was no problem, just don't feed anything til you know the PPM

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I get about 3-4 z. per plant. Sorry again for the misunderstanding I'm like what the hell is he defoliating autos for and then I forgot all about it because it was World Series time (& I'm still a little shocked about Houston's performance last night) if I can answer any more questions for you my friend feel free to tag me in or stop by the beach house anytime, good luck!

Oh and regarding the hot soil do a slurry test (two to one with ro or distilled water, let it sit 15 minutes after you stir it up) and let us know the readings

and don't worry too much about hot soil I had an old soggy bag from the bottom of my hydro store that went out of business, literally the last bag of ffof in the store, I did a slurry it was almost 1,800 PPM and I planted in it and it was no problem, just don't feed anything til you know the PPM
I will be picking up a ppm meter and will post the results . At this point I’ve just been using the ph and Midwest farming skills! Lmao which don’t apply to Cannabis! So I appreciate the help
P.s. I’m in Tampa so I’m on the Houston train after our loss! But we did take ya to game 5 though.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I will be picking up a ppm meter and will post the results . At this point I’ve just been using the ph and Midwest farming skills! Lmao which don’t apply to Cannabis! So I appreciate the help
P.s. I’m in Tampa so I’m on the Houston train after our loss! But we did take ya to game 5 though.
What size pots do use? Are air pots or traditional ?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Your farming skills do apply, cuz it's still a plant. Theres just a couple of fundamentals to get down, pH & PPM are the most important imo, if you know these 2 things going in and coming out you'll be alright my friend, good luck!

Edit: I use your basic 3 gallon plastic pots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom