help with an organic feed programme plz

• Thread starter stormannorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stormannorm

hi everyone,ive just put 3 of my plants over to flower 1 week ago and im looking for help with a feeding programme for them.after a dissapointing first run i want to up the feed and push them a little harder this run.at the mo their getting bio grow 3ml|per litre,bloom 5ml per litre and top maxx from week 3 starting at 2ml and work up to 6ml.please can someone give me a good organic programme that i can adopt to help me get good sized buds i veg under 320w cfl and flower under 400w hps.is it possible to get good sized buds from a 400w hps?? anyway thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out here.the pic's r the girls i have just put to 12/12. peace

P.S is it better to stop feeding them mollasses in the flower period or can it be used rith thru to flush????

New flowerers 11
New flowerers 12
New flowerers 13
New flowerers 14
K

kes5480

3 plants under a 400watter hps will work great. hell yeah u can get big buds under a 400!! and with the organic question im not really an organic guy, i use both synthetic and organic nutes with great results. But there are alot of farmers on here that are organic only and they wud be able 2 help u more..
peace

Hermitian

Hermitian

"Organic" has no legally binding meaning, so please be more specific about what you find acceptable for "organic". This short article might be of help:

S

stormannorm

"Organic" has no legally binding meaning, so please be more specific about what you find acceptable for "organic". This short article might be of help:
[/QUOTE/]

thanks for the comment kes,by organic i mean id rather stay away from chemicals and use nutes that r all of a natural makeup.guano,castings,tea's,meal's that sort of stuff

justiceman

justiceman

Yo friend. Molasses should definitely be used during flower. Some flush with it. Others chose to discontinue it 1-2 weeks before harvest.

Now as for your organic feeding program. Their are a variety of options you can go with. If your trying to stick with a bottle line up then I can personally recommend using Roots Organics or Earth Juice. If you want to go the route of dry then you might want to try out Fox Farms Peace of Mind fruit and flower. Although it's better to pre mix it in the soil it can still be used as a top dressing. Some people do a little bit of both.

Anyway Heres a couple liquid recipes that should help you out. They are not mine. I am just passing them on.

Guano Tea and Kelp: This is called a Nutrient Tea.

Seedlings less than 1 month old nutrient tea mix-

Mix 1 cup earthworm castings into 5 gallons of water to make the tea. You can also just use a Handful in 1 gallon of water if your needs are less. Add 5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses. You can use a fish tank aerator with a diffuser and bubble it for 24 hours @ 70 degrees.
Use it to water your seedlings with every 2nd or 3rd watering.

Veg mix-

1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
or
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract or Acadian Kelp extract.
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma or a good Humic or Fulvic acid
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses

Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tsp. Acadian powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.

To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma or a good Humic or Fulvic acid
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering.

You can use queen size knee high nylon stockings for tea bags. 3 pair for a dollar at the dollar store. Tell 'em you use them for paint strainers. Put the recommended tea in the stocking, tie a loop knot in it and hang it in your tea bucket. The tea should look like a mud puddle. Agitate the bag in the water vigorously. An aquarium pump and air stone will dissolve oxygen into the solution and keep the good bacteria (microherd) alive and thriving. Let it bubble a day or two before you use it. If you find you are making too much tea and having to throw it out, use 2 1/2 gallons of water and cut the nute amount by half.

-----------------------------------------------------
Separate Nutrient Schedule(Alternative)

(Fish/Seaweed)
For veg growth…
15ml 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion
15ml Neptune's Harvest 0-0-1 Seaweed or Maxicrop liquid
1 gallon H2O

For early flowering…
15ml Neptune’s Harvest 2-3-1 Fish/Seaweed
1 gallon H2O

For mid to late flowering…
15ml Neptune’s Harvest 2-4-1 Fish
1 gallon H2O

S

stormannorm

justiceman thanks very much thats helped loads i diddnt have a clue how to make tea's im defo gonna try it for sure.peace

D

desertmedgrower

Hey man... when it comes to the organic nutes and stuff stay away from buying the expensive stuff and try to make your own teas or go cheap with Earth juice line (which gives great flavor imo) animal poop is one of the most readily available materials on this earth, so you shouldn't have to pay for it.

A couple of my favorite "organic" products which I buy from time to time are:

Fox Farm Big bloom (ewc + guano basically), Nail your plants with this at the beginning of flowering or for the first couple weeks during flower for better bud growth.

Earth juice bloom - I like to finish with this product because it has no nitrogen and is great to brew teas with.

General organics Cal Mag- If you need a cal mag supplement depending on your water source / soil : this isn't a bad one

With all of these you can use a bubbler/ airstone to brew them for 24 hours. The key to this is the good bacteria in the mixture will get hungry , and you can feed em a little molasses to increase the population of these bacteria. It doesn't matter what combination you use necessarily with those, but I'd recommend a high phosphorous organic supplement early in flower, and something with little to nitrogen later in flower. I'd say this applies to making your own guano teas as well.

You didn't really elaborate on your soil medium... what do you use?

K

kolah

Is that a mirror in your grow room? If so, it could cause hot spots from your lighting and may burn your plants.

Does that pot have drain holes? No water-catch pans under the plant? No plastic laid down on the flooring?

I grew, what I call a "natural organic" crop this year. I used FF/Happy Frog soil through the veg stage and then used General Organics "Bloom" liquid nutrients with a few doses of General Organic Ca+/Mg, that is mostly a molasses mix.

Next year I will do a "Supersoil" blend which is a very "clean" way to go. I would rather spend the time and money by mixing up a nice balanced soil blend and then just adding water. My goal is to do as little as possible, stay out of the way and let Mother Nature do her thing.

S

stormannorm

hi desertmedgrower,i forgot to mention in using biobizz allmix soil.thanks for your help i agree with u that the really expensive ones contain the same ingredients as the cheaper rivals 80% of the time.the guy from my hydro store told me that.peace and happy growing!!!

hi there kolah thanks for the advice on the nutes im just getting used to trying all this tea and mental ingredients stuff im just tryin to step up my game.the mirror and wooden floors u see r in the room where my grow closet is.The hps plays havoc with my camera so i took them out of there for the pics.they have enuff drainage holes in the pots and in the closet the pots sit in 8inch plastic saucers to catch runoff and its then sucked back up thru the holes or evapourating lol.cheers for the pointers tho i should be getting a few tents up shortly and wanted to put a mirror on 1 of the walls even tho their mylar lined.I wont be doing that now so thanks.peace out and happy growing

Top Bottom