Help with DWC transplant 1st time hydro grower

• Thread starter Ismokealottapot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Following a the rules roots started protruding from bottom of roto rooter plug so I transferred to net pot. Root shows good development air roots are hanging through bottom of net pot suspended a few inches above the water. Net pot has riser core so water level is a few inches below center if riser core. I have other seedlings germinated at same time and are in coco and doing much better. This one the leaves are shriveling up and progressively getting worse daily. Please help!! Please see picture and help and advice soon would be greatly appreciated!!

Help with dwc transplant 1st time hydro grower
Help with dwc transplant 1st time hydro grower 2
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Here are some pictures of other seedlings in netpots and another seedling transplant that I put in coco. I feel like these seedlings leaves look like they are beginning to shrivel as well. The last picture is the one that is in coco.

IMG 20210412 205245851
IMG 20210412 205241388
IMG 20210412 205234655
IMG 20210412 205221758
IMG 20210412 205216799
IMG 20210412 205253384
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

What is the lux, ppm and ph? What nutrients and blend are you using. Did you top feed?

I don't grow in soil.. Can't help you on that.

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

I just checked ppm is high at 348 I don't have a lux meter will buy one tonight in amazon. Lightly topfed nutrients general hydro flora light feed cal mag hydroguard liquid karma in as well. Filling bucket with RO water now to dilute ppm to 200 right?

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Actually wrong I need to raise the ppm. Did you look at the pics? Leaves look like they are twisting as well. Think I'm gonna do a complete water change. My net pots have a riser core how high should I put the water? If I go to bottom of net pot water is 6-7 inches from bottom of roots.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

At that stage, you don’t even need any nutes. I would use the RO water with some cal mag and hydro guard to catch any root rot before it happens.

the plant will tell you when it needs nutrients
2BB3E835 4AEF 44D7 8100 9749D5174105

this was just regular water no nutes and not even transplanted. I waited For a solid amount of roots to show then made the move.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think they went into the net pots too early, maybe if you had a small cloner and top fed until enough roots are submerged, but in their final container when they are so small might be why they are having issues.

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

I think they went into the net pots too early, maybe if you had a small cloner and top fed until enough roots are submerged, but in their final container when they are so small might be why they are having issues.

Do you think I should move them back to propagation tray?

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

At that stage, you don’t even need any nutes. I would use the RO water with some cal mag and hydro guard to catch any root rot before it happens.

the plant will tell you when it needs nutrientsView attachment 1112901

this was just regular water no nutes and not even transplanted. I waited For a solid amount of roots to show then made the move.
Thats more or less where mine were at roots were protruding from bottom of rooter plug and had air roots so I thought was right time to transfer. Doyou think I should move back to propagation tray for now and see if they restore health?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Well since it’s still in germ/seed is reduce ppm to 75-150 till it enters veg and I’m sure you have the light distance humdity and etc in check as well and top feed till veg, keep the medium soaked at a basic starting range till you start going up more, how’s the aeration and mixing?

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

ce it’s still in germ/seed is reduce ppm to 75-150 till it enters veg and I’m sure you have the light distance humdity and etc in check as well and top feed till veg, keep
Well since it’s still in germ/seed is reduce ppm to 75-150 till it enters veg and I’m sure you have the light distance humdity and etc in check as well and top feed till veg, keep the medium soaked at a basic starting range till you start going up more, how’s the aeration and mixing?
Aeraion looks good I repositioned stones to center of bucket have nice splash through medium before covering rest of rooter to protect from light mixing looks good. Even with RO filter PPM out of sink is a little high at 100 ppm I reduced to 190-200 range already I'm gonna leave em alone a bit and keep a close eye. Only other option I can think would be a quick replant to coco so I don't lose the 5 seedlings altogether. What ya think?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Aeraion looks good I repositioned stones to center of bucket have nice splash through medium before covering rest of rooter to protect from light mixing looks good. Even with RO filter PPM out of sink is a little high at 100 ppm I reduced to 190-200 range already I'm gonna leave em alone a bit and keep a close eye. Only other option I can think would be a quick replant to coco so I don't lose the 5 seedlings altogether. What ya think?
I would just use that base water than for now gotta remember the plant starting off has the N for it starting life, and get the tap root into the water resting with good tempt and you should be fine. Idk what you over all set up looks like but I’m gonna guess you got that in check as well

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I just checked ppm is high at 348 I don't have a lux meter will buy one tonight in amazon. Lightly topfed nutrients general hydro flora light feed cal mag hydroguard liquid karma in as well. Filling bucket with RO water now to dilute ppm to 200 right?

Download a lux meter on google play store on your phone, and keep the lux at around 5,000 for the next week, then go up from there week by week. Id also use 1.5ml calmag, 1.5 micro, 1.5 grow, 1.5 bloom, 2ml hydro. per gallon. Then dilute down to 200ppm. Keep your ph at 5.7. Its also easier to just ensure the water level is about 1/2 inch up the rockwool. Once I place my seed in the rockwool, I transplant it to my rdwc system. I actually covered all but 1/2 inch of the rockwool lol, never have to top feed. I just make sure the taproot is about an inch long before transplanting to rockwool from papertowel. I then place it in 24hr 200ppm 5.7ph presoaked rockwool. . . with the system at 200ppm.

Top Bottom