Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

passive intake + extractor create negative pressure inside the tent.
HerbslEdu and others here have said passive air is enogh. I got a 220 / 280 vent extractor inline fan with coal filter il use. I hope i can run it on lowest setting 220 for lower sound with negative pressure.. Climate in my country isnt that high, so if it works for herbaledu in france it should work in norway?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How do i know of its enogh fresh air i the tent? Or is it just humidity and temp that mathers
There is a formula I can't remember but something like every 15 minutes it all needs to be refreshed Fans are rated in Cubic feet per hour ( I think, old bad memory )? and I think mine is a 135cu/ft/ and its a 4" I use with a dimmer switch I hot glued to the side.....Its on full slow now..I turn it up when I want to cool it down

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

How do i know of its enogh fresh air i the tent? Or is it just humidity and temp that mathers
you can always start attempting controlling temperature and rh but it quickly become a hassle

cannabis can thrive even with far from optimal growing condition so i wouldn't bother controlling thoose parameter with your first grow, i don't even control mine after years growing. weather is just what's the weather's like and that's all always better than no weed at all in illegal country

trt92

trt92

extractor fan shoud pull in in a good extra amount of air via the passive intake aswell?

about the drying. i got 2 types of seeds to grow: g13 haze and northern lights autos. planning on trying outdoor grow aswell too see if its worth it in this climate. so i could move all my autos out there to avoid buying extra tent to dry in. just a shame if i dont get to taste the northern lights if outdoor setup fails .p

Mothman

Mothman

Btw do you harvest all plants at same day if its same strain? Or could it go days between each plant harvest?
If you have a separate space to begin drying harvested plants while the others finish, you can stretch out the harvest. I usually shoot for a 1 day chop. Simpler.

trt92

trt92

Does this look good for my secondmotherplant / dry tent?

Secret jardin tent 40x40x120

TT-100 Ø100mm 147/187m3

Prima Klima K2600-mini- 100mm - Opt. 160m³/t max.240m³/t1xPrima Klima...589 NOK

Clonex Mist 100ml1xClonex Mist 100ml139 NOK

Eazy Plug propagation brett cubes 24stk2xEazy Plug propagation...178 NOK

Slangeklemme 60-180mm1xSlangeklemme 60-180mm29 NO

Festeklemme Ø100mm1xFesteklemme Ø100mm129 NOK

ViparSpectra P1000 100W Infrared Full Spectrum LED Grow Light1xViparSpectra P...1 879

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

If you have a separate space to begin drying harvested plants while the others finish, you can stretch out the harvest. I usually shoot for a 1 day chop. Simpler.
So you chop tjem all same day? I think i have to do that too, or else il prob ruin motherplant since its 12/12 there and veg tent is dark for drying.
How would it be to just let motherplant stay in some dark for some days? Vs keeping her in a 12/12 light room intill all plants are rdy to dry?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
So you chop tjem all same day? I think i have to do that too, or else il prob ruin motherplant since its 12/12 there and veg tent is dark for drying.
How would it be to just let motherplant stay in some dark for some days? Vs keeping her in a 12/12 light room intill all plants are rdy to dry?
as a new grower it's like pringles, once you chop you're probably not gonna stop until they're all gone lol

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Dont you look at the tricones what colour they are before harvest?

i go by the trichs on the buds, not the sugar leafs
tri-jpg.1328314

when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

trt92

trt92

Here is my growsetup for now:
You can see fan and filter still on the ground,. Waiting for some parts. The pots with soil you see is just tomato seeds and sugar snap peas. I put out the temp, humid measurer and saw my temp is way to low, so i moved an oven in to heat up.
Btw, the little measurement cable coming out of the temp/humid box. Where should it be put in the tent for best measurement, and is it humidity or temp or both it measures??

20230324 184807
20230324 184835
Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

64 rh might be a bit high near the end of flowering, but well my own rh vary from 20 to 70 depending the season and the weather

trt92

trt92

64 rh might be a bit high near the end of flowering, but well my own rh vary from 20 to 70 depending the season and the weather

That wil go lower fast when lamp and fans are on?
Shud i just keep light off while i got seeds in there now? Rright now i got it on 25℅ dim, 75 watt ich

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

That wil go lower fast when lamp and fans are on?
Shud i just keep light off while i got seeds in there now? Rright now i got it on 25℅ dim, 75 watt ich
rh inside the tent is usually slightly higher than room rh especially at night

trt92

trt92

rh inside the tent is usually slightly higher than room rh especially at night
Should i put the RH measurer abit above ground in tent? Thinking it could be abit more moist there incase of water spills n stuff

ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

There is a formula I can't remember but something like every 15 minutes it all needs to be refreshed Fans are rated in Cubic feet per hour ( I think, old bad memory )? and I think mine is a 135cu/ft/ and its a 4" I use with a dimmer switch I hot glued to the side.....Its on full slow now..I turn it up when I want to cool it down

FWIW, I've always tried to replace all the air in the room every five minutes. Pretty easy to
calculate the total cubic footage of the grow space (length x width x height), and once
you have that number you can select an appropriate exhaust fan.

My flower room is roughly 450 sq. ft, and I use a Vortex fan that moves roughly 500 cubic
ft. per minute. I have it on a speed controller and run it at about 25% power. A quality fan
is important as you don't want your plants sitting in stagnate air, plus cheap fans are noisy
and it'll drive ya nuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom