Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

1.5L over 14 days is only 107ml a day, doesn't sound like a lot. I know you said a good heavy watering before you go also, just still doesn't seem like a lot. I've never tried so I could definitely be wrong.
Ive been on 2 vacations for 1 week, and they survived that.. leaves was hanging down alot,, but came alive quick when they got water again. And if these ceramic watering pins dont start releasing water before earth is dry the 1.5 litre should be enough to make them alive till i get home.
I will test them and see how they work.. could use 2 pins in each 7 litre pot in worst case🤔 also worried if i damage lots of roots when i stick them down now in 5 weeks old plants.. what i also could do is move light futher away or/and lower the watt ? Wil drink less then?
And maybe lower the temp if i can control it down so they dont have optimal temp ?

Newty

Newty

Ive been on 2 vacations for 1 week, and they survived that.. leaves was hanging down alot,, but came alive quick when they got water again. And if these ceramic watering pins dont start releasing water before earth is dry the 1.5 litre should be enough to make them alive till i get home.
I will test them and see how they work.. could use 2 pins in each 7 litre pot in worst case🤔 also worried if i damage lots of roots when i stick them down now in 5 weeks old plants.. what i also could do is move light futher away or/and lower the watt ? Wil drink less then?
And maybe lower the temp if i can control it down so they dont have optimal temp ?
I was worried when I started doing the math lol but experience always wins! It sounds like your adding some extra measures so if you made do before then you should be all set this time around!

trt92

trt92

Ceramic sticks with 1.5litre bottle i got didnt work as intended, they seem to slowly drip water out from day 1, nomather how wet soil... probably gotta find a cheap pumping system to use. Or have a friend water it once if i gotta go offshore away 14 days..

Newty

Newty

Ceramic sticks with 1.5litre bottle i got didnt work as intended, they seem to slowly drip water out from day 1, nomather how wet soil... probably gotta find a cheap pumping system to use. Or have a friend water it once if i gotta go offshore away 14 days..
Submersible pump with kit/drippers of your choice along with a wifi smart plug you can turn on and off from your phone should work.

trt92

trt92

Submersible pump with kit/drippers of your choice along with a wifi smart plug you can turn on and off from your phone should work.

or

this 1 works? and has all i need?

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

should work main matter being the package including enough T and enough pipe in lenght for your set up, might be a good idea to look into aquarium pump and piping maybe

trt92

trt92

should work main matter being the package including enough T and enough pipe in lenght for your set up, might be a good idea to look into aquarium pump and piping maybe
The last 1 i linked had many good reviews saying pump was good,, cant see i fo on timer, uf i can choose to only water some every 4 day etc..
Ordered 1 of the last and ill see how it is

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

This 1 seem nice, 16 plants , what i can fit max... but dont get where it sucks water from
you need a a water tank with the appropriate size for 15 days for 16 plant, 32L i think this is counting 1L per plant per 7 days

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

they have thing like this may be ?

could work with separate pump pipiping and drip or may be if you put the other one inside leaving the top open

trt92

trt92

Btw i found a hermie again ,, hope i moved it quick enough. But idk kinda thought so last time to, i could see the sacks... jj atleast i get fem seeds if they do.. seems lije its always the plant that gets the most wind from fan that becomes it. So trying to have fan blowing over the plants

trt92

trt92

everything you need to make a custom drip set up eventually
Hmm ok cant see timer setup on them,, i think is use a bucket or depending on how it works sucking up the water, incase i can use 3 buckets with 1 pump or if its just 1 tube to 1 water resoirvar. And i its just constantly dripping i gues i neeed that huge tank gho 6p litre sounds to much

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Hmm ok cant see timer setup on them,, i think is use a bucket or depending on how it works sucking up the water, incase i can use 3 buckets with 1 pump or if its just 1 tube to 1 water resoirvar
i don't know much when it come to hydro set up, you might need an external timer if the pump hasn't a way to set the water flow overtime, may be it would be a good idea to give a phone call at sweettomat to ask for some advice with what you want to do.

trt92

trt92

i don't know much when it come to hydro set up, you might need an external timer if the pump hasn't a way to set the water flow overtime, may be it would be a good idea to give a phone call at sweettomat to ask for some advice with what you want to do.
I sent them a mail, they use to answer quick,, but il see how this cheap pump set for 20 dollar i ordered now works first

trt92

trt92

seems like the ceramic sticks areworking afterall.. Atleast gor now. I put 2 extra and water still holding after a few days

Newty

Newty

Idk why I didn't get notifications for the replies in this thread.

Hope everything works out for you.

My automated drip system I was using was basically the following, along with a wifi smart plug.

Submersible pump
StorePhoto1  59008

3/4" irrigation line
Screenshot 20240309 143723 Samsung Internet

3/4" to 1/4" inline fittings
Screenshot 20240309 143901 Samsung Internet

1/4" hose
Screenshot 20240309 144004 Samsung Internet

1/4" drippers
Screenshot 20240309 144347 Samsung Internet

3/4" end cap (required) and 1/4" end cap (for barbs not being used)
Screenshot 20240309 144600 Samsung Internet

Screenshot 20240309 144620 Samsung Internet

Top Bottom