Help with lowering ec of runoff

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mark360jones

mark360jones

I've been doing drain to waste for around 3 years now. Coco4cannabis is mega for information (there guide is easy to follow).
The way I work coco is feed little and often, currently feeding 8 girls 5 times a day. My e/c coming out is never more than 0.3 of what's going in for instance at the minute I'm feeding e/c at 1.4 veg and my run off is never more than 1.7 usually keep it around 0.1 more. Once it reaches above 0.3 I increase fertigation (each feed is for 45 seconds) or add another feed. Ive never measured the pH coming out as it is pointless as long as you put the correct pH in your good (my ph usually stays around 6 through seed/cutting to flower)

mark360jones

mark360jones

I've been doing drain to waste for around 3 years now. Coco4cannabis is mega for information (there guide is easy to follow).
The way I work coco is feed little and often, currently feeding 8 girls 5 times a day. My e/c coming out is never more than 0.3 of what's going in for instance at the minute I'm feeding e/c at 1.4 veg and my run off is never more than 1.7 usually keep it around 0.1 more. Once it reaches above 0.3 I increase fertigation (each feed is for 45 seconds) or add another feed. Ive never measured the pH coming out as it is pointless as long as you put the correct pH in your good (my ph usually stays around 6 through seed/cutting to flower)
To solve you high ec level, flush the shit out of it until the ec of the run off comes out at what you put in then increase feeding times, do not make the mistake of using coco like soil as it need to be treated more like hydro

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

To solve you high ec level, flush the shit out of it until the ec of the run off comes out at what you put in then increase feeding times, do not make the mistake of using coco like soil as it need to be treated more like hydro
Thanks pal I'll take a look at that 👍

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

@Aqua Man has been a long Hiatus but he taught me what I know (which isn't that much) but he says that he feed really low E.C. and that as long as your plant looks good then runoff doesn't matter. during the last few weeks of flower just lower your E.C. Leaves look good a little clawing is fine as long as its not the entire plant.
I've gone for an ec of 1.1 is that low enough or wud you say lower ?

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Yeah pal I totally understand you and this is 3rd time growing now first time I grew in 60 40 mix just did 4 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 m tent and everything went fine although I wasn't entirely happy with the yield can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't brilliant although it was a nice smoke, so next time I did 4 mimosa from clone in these 35 litre tubs but this time I added an extra light to the mix but I cud only get canna professional mix so I used that, vegged for 5 weeks flowered for 9 with no issues whatsoever all the way through, (wasn't checking ec or anything) and I pulled 21 oz of dry bud and it was knockout bud too, so then 2 grows under My belt and especially with the second grow turning out better than the first I obviously think I'm dogs bollocks at growing weed, so doubled up on my setup and went for 8 plants, and I've learned the hard way I'm not the dogs bollocks at all 😂 tother point I've considered giving up on this grow, but I'm not one to give up and I'm determined to get them over the line !
This has been a really useful site to me - learned a ton about growing almost overnight.

(By the way... The above is one of the single longest run-on sentences I've ever seen. It's hard to read posts like this. Might want to break things down into shorter sentences to help us get through the info.)

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I've just taken these pics, the lights have just come on at 9 pm so 8 mins ago, pots aren't dry at all so I don't think I need to water more frequently, the top of the soil does look a bit green algae like but you've gotta look really hard, ph is 6.1, temps when lights on are 26, 21 when lights are off and humidity stays between 40-60, forgot to puts pics up 🤦😂
Pics...? I'm growing coco, and with watering 4 times per day I started to get some algae on the top of the coco. I also have a DTW system as shown in cocoforcannabis.com, and the drain lines and sump pump bucket were turning green. To fix the drain line issues, I added a drop or two of 33% h2o2 into the end of the drain lines. It worked back through the drain lines, and a few days later the lines were clear. Same with the bucket, only faster. I didn't do much about the algae on the coco surface, except sprayed a little Neem oil on it.

That was early in the grow when I had small plants in a big tent. Well now that the plants are big, they fill the tent. The canopy is so thick that there is hardly any light getting down to the coco or drain lines, and I haven't had an algae problem since.

H2O2 can do some amazing stuff.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Pics...? I'm growing coco, and with watering 4 times per day I started to get some algae on the top of the coco. I also have a DTW system as shown in cocoforcannabis.com, and the drain lines and sump pump bucket were turning green. To fix the drain line issues, I added a drop or two of 33% h2o2 into the end of the drain lines. It worked back through the drain lines, and a few days later the lines were clear. Same with the bucket, only faster. I didn't do much about the algae on the coco surface, except sprayed a little Neem oil on it.

That was early in the grow when I had small plants in a big tent. Well now that the plants are big, they fill the tent. The canopy is so thick that there is hardly any light getting down to the coco or drain lines, and I haven't had an algae problem since.

H2O2 can do some amazing stuff.

20220301 210701
20220301 210707
20220301 210714
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

every one barks out waste of nutrients,i say 20 to 30% runoff every time you feed
those plants are way to green
if they were mine , i would run 6.0 ph ro water threw it to runoff of 30% and check it,wait a hour,do it again and see if you are going the direction you need to be,but 3 weeks in i would be running around 900 ppm ,anyway what ever you decide just make your 6.0 ro water with about 250 ppm of nutrients,the last time you run feed threw it
im suprised you can get away with feeding once a day at your level of growth
but i would flush the plants with ro water ph to 6 and 250 until your close to the numbers you are putting in ,in and out difrence,once close feed them the 900 ppm

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

every one barks out waste of nutrients,i say 20 to 30% runoff every time you feed
if they were mine , i would run 6.0 ph ro water threw it to runoff of 30% and check it,wait a hour,do it again and see if you are going the direction you need to be,but 3 weeks in i would be running around 900 ppm ,anyway what ever you decide just make your 6.0 ro water with about 250 ppm of nutrients,the last time you run feed threw it
but i would flush the plants with ro water ph to 6 and 250 until your close to the numbers you are putting in ,in and out difrence,once close feed them the 900 ppm
Thankyou pal, yeah I only feed them once when lights come on till I get roughly 20 % run off and pots still damp when I next feed, I'm not 3 weeks in I'm 6 weeks in

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thankyou pal, yeah I only feed them once when lights come on till I get roughly 20 % run off and pots still damp when I next feed, I'm not 3 weeks in I'm 6 weeks in
thats kinda my point,you really cant over water coco,so flush to get them numbers closer,i never go over 1000 ppm myself,seems like more waste to me,but your gonna have to get closer,have you checked your thrics as of yet,might be closer than you think and the plant just dont want anymore feed,either way,if i was half cloudy and clear,i would start to back feed the plants,by feeding backwards of what you did to get to this point,if you plan it right,you can have them ppm back down to a seedling stage of feed in no time ,that would be your flush , i do this to keep from the ordinary flushing and make the plant work it out and it gives me less cure time if you dig, think about it,makes since,most folks flush for about a week with just water to kill the plant,but it still loaded wit nutes, by working your ec or ppm backwards and at the desired thrics,by the time you get to all cloudy or amber you already made the plant finish off the nutes

mark360jones

mark360jones

I use 260l on 8 girls over a week. I don't mind tho as I use masterblend it's the best nutrient (stable and clean) and it's cheap as chips

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

thats kinda my point,you really cant over water coco,so flush to get them numbers closer,i never go over 1000 ppm myself,seems like more waste to me,but your gonna have to get closer,have you checked your thrics as of yet,might be closer than you think and the plant just dont want anymore feed,either way,if i was half cloudy and clear,i would start to back feed the plants,by feeding backwards of what you did to get to this point,if you plan it right,you can have them ppm back down to a seedling stage of feed in no time ,that would be your flush , i do this to keep from the ordinary flushing and make the plant work it out and it gives me less cure time if you dig, think about it,makes since,most folks flush for about a week with just water to kill the plant,but it still loaded wit nutes, by working your ec or ppm backwards and at the desired thrics,by the time you get to all cloudy or amber you already made the plant finish off the nutes
Yeah it does make sense

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use 260l on 8 girls over a week. I don't mind tho as I use masterblend it's the best nutrient (stable and clean) and it's cheap as chips
i dont know how much that is im old and dont care to learn the metric system this close to death when my whole life ive used the imperial system,but what i do and use is 3 gal pots,4 of them in a 2x4x5 tent,i mix 5 gal of nutrients first thing out the bed and i feed twice a day,right at lights on and 1 1/2 hour before light out, i have my pots in a 2x2 plastic tote and i feed them until a hefty runoff,dont care what folks say,i dont deal with salt build up at all feeding extra.
but that said i grow till im sitting on a few lbs and smoke on it a couple years then start back up ,so them nutes arent sitting around just taking up closet space if you dig

Latest posts

Top Bottom