Help With My First Af Grow

• Thread starter crags82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Discretepete

I just went out and checked on it again. Within almost 1 hour the temps went from 62.3 to 66.7 after removing the fan from up top to inside the cabinet. I still plan on being able to use the fan to pull air out during the grow.

I was doing some research and came across this reptile ceramic heater..i may buy it and test it out.

Humidity still very low(mid 20's). What do you use to keep it at a good level?
I use a cheap vaporizer like you would find at a pharmacy or Walmart or online. 13$-30$ don't hold much. Fill twice a day, but with autos I've been running mine low all winter with no problems really 25-45% rh. I do a 24/0 schedule during winter to maintain temps. I haven't changed back yet though. They like it. Lol

C

crags82

I went out to bought the ceramic heat emitter(100W). It seems to put out out go amount of heat-without light. Tonight I will do a test run with it plugged in, exhaust fan on and I assume I should have a small fan pulling air in as well? For circulation.

Checked on the seed this morning and it looks like it's starting to swell but no taproot yet. If I can get the temps decent with my new set up, do you think I should put the soil in the pot and place it in the box to get it accustomed to the environment?

What temp should I try to aim for from the start once seed is dropped?

Would you suggest pre-soaking the soil or dropping the seed into dry soil and water the pot until I see some run off? 500ml or so?

D

Discretepete

If u pull air out of the box, cool air should find its way in.
Always good to get your soil used to the environment before planting.
Temps just 75-85.
Now with the watering this is a little harder. Few ways u can do it....so it depends on how much time u have and your level of commitment. We can water small amounts everyday or soak the pot. Either method works fine. I'm testing the difference myself right now to see lol but it depends on what u want to do.

C

crags82

Thanks.

I may just drill a small hole in the side of the cabinet for air intake and use the PC fan up top to pull air out. Really hoping that this ceramic heat emitter will bring temps up tonight when I test it. I'm sure the seed will be ready to drop by tomorrow evening. If I c get temps up to a good number tonight I will put the pot inside to get it used to it.

I think I may pre soak again watching for water runoff. That way depending on how quickly it dries up, I may not have to water again for several days.

You had said in an earlier post that you wait until day 10 for nutes but that I with a soil that doesn't have nutes in it already. Because my does, should I wait longer? And is that date after you see the sprout start to come through or start counting from the day the seed of dropped? I'm pre germinating as well, not sure if that changes things.

D

Discretepete

Soak the pot until 10-15% run off and then drop her in. Lightly cover the bean and tail and spray some misted of water over it. Cover with saran(cling) wrap until u see her break soil. Once she breaks soil remove the wrap from over the top of the pot and I count this as day 1. She should got a week to 10 days before u need to water or do anything. I would start feeding around day 10-14 still honestly. What nutes do you have access too that your thinking about buying? Try to help you get a schedule squared away....I'm about to head to work but I'll check into that soil done more and figure out when's best to start feeding and his much when we fight or what nutrients your going to use

C

crags82

Once again you com through for me. I really appreciate all your tips if you haven't said that already lol.

Once I get my temps in order I will look into nutes. There is "grow shop" not far from where I live with a plethora of different nutrients to pick from, a little overwhelming to be honest. Not willing to order online so ill have to go into the shop...

C

crags82

Temps slowly climbing with the ceramic heat emitter installed. I'll keep an eye on it for the few hours and decide whether a intake hole is in order to bring cool temps in. Looks like I may have to let some cool air in. Fan up top running.

Went from 62 F to 77 f in 30 mins. Put a small bowl of water in the box to hopefully bring up the humidity.

D

Discretepete

Temps slowly climbing with the ceramic heat emitter installed. I'll keep an eye on it for the few hours and decide whether a intake hole is in order to bring cool temps in. Looks like I may have to let some cool air in. Fan up top running.

Went from 62 F to 77 f in 30 mins. Put a small bowl of water in the box to hopefully bring up the humidity.
Nice hopefully temps maintain right about there. I use advanced nutrients with great success. But there's a million different ways to get to the same finish line. We will figure out what's best for you my friend

Top Bottom