Help with nute's for first time COCO run.

• Thread starter Georgekush22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Georgekush22

Georgekush22

So I have been running flood and drain with rockwool for a couple of years now, but after hearing and seeing such amazing results from friends, I have decided to give coco a try. So my question is would it be ok to use the same regimen that I use on my tables for coco? With the exception of substituting the A and B for Canna COCO, I plan on using A.N. overdrive, Cal-Mag, Canna P/K as my additives. Any feedback is much appreciated.

J

Jalisco Kid

You need to ask Yourself what nute profile you want, then ask yourself will those products do it without gaking up the plants and are they the cleanest salts you can get. JK

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

You need to ask Yourself what nute profile you want, then ask yourself will those products do it without gaking up the plants and are they the cleanest salts you can get. JK
Well root rot is definitely a concern of mine. That is why I would like to know what nutes others are using and what to stay away from. By the way this might sound stupid to some but I am not a big fan or organic nutrients or compost teas.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Run GH 6/9 with 1 gm of epsom. And with your table run it DTW with a top feed setup. Run a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite. PH your water to 5.8 and your all good. When you start out baby run a 3/6 mix with 1.3gm of epsom per gl. The 6/9 is 6 mils of micro and the 9 is bloom from GH.
I would run like 24 2 gl smartpots or 18 3gl smartpots. If you need help I will keep a eye on your post. Run the 3/6 till they are about 10 to 12 in then go to 6/9.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Run GH 6/9 with 1 gm of epsom. And with your table run it DTW with a top feed setup. Run a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite. PH your water to 5.8 and your all good. When you start out baby run a 3/6 mix with 1.3gm of epsom per gl. The 6/9 is 6 mils of micro and the 9 is bloom from GH.
I would run like 24 2 gl smartpots or 18 3gl smartpots. If you need help I will keep a eye on your post. Run the 3/6 till they are about 10 to 12 in then go to 6/9.
What are you're yields looking like per light, if you don't mind me asking? How long are u usually vegging for?

BCrocker

BCrocker

So I have been running flood and drain with rockwool for a couple of years now, but after hearing and seeing such amazing results from friends, I have decided to give coco a try. So my question is would it be ok to use the same regimen that I use on my tables for coco? With the exception of substituting the A and B for Canna COCO, I plan on using A.N. overdrive, Cal-Mag, Canna P/K as my additives. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Canna A+B
Cal Mg till week 4 of flowering
Canna PK (use as directed or week 2-4.5 flowering)
Canna Rhizotonic (in veg a couple times with nutrients)
Cannazyme (or some other enzyme product - last week or two of flowering if reusing medium)

I use have used Boost as well.. seems to work well. Any kind of late flowering product, like ~0-50-30 or whatever. KoolBloom powder, or whatever AN's is, monster maybe? Can't remember.

Never higher than 1.8 EC and getting close to 2#/1000w on limited plant numbers. 4 per 1000w, 5 week veg max.

Nutrients every time, 5.8 to 6.0. Do not flush with just water.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Canna A+B
Cannazyme (or some other enzyme product - last week or two of flowering if reusing medium)

I use have used Boost as well.. seems to work well. Any kind of late flowering product, like ~0-50-30 or whatever. KoolBloom powder, or whatever AN's is, monster maybe? Can't remember.

Never higher than 1.8 EC and getting close to 2#/1000w on limited plant numbers. 4 per 1000w, 5 week veg max.

Right on thats for the advice. Can you specify what you mean by do not flush with water, I know that might come off as a stupid question, but do you mean use clearex or something? Also how are you amending you're coco? I also run everything by ppms, generally how much are you incresing you're nutes by each week?

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Canna A+B

Also I am planning on doing DTW, how many times a day ru normally feeding and for how long in veg and in flowering? Are u using h202 or drip clean in you do dtw?

D

Don007206

I have done well with cns17 veg flower ripe big bud hydroplex Epsom salts calmag I am running a tweaked hoogan4000 nutrient line up check out his post on his raceway tables ..good luck bro

BCrocker

BCrocker

Also I am planning on doing DTW, how many times a day ru normally feeding and for how long in veg and in flowering? Are u using h202 or drip clean in you do dtw?

Hi sorry for the late reply.

- I use drip clean throughout, a tad less than recommended
- I feed every other day in veg, and every other day or everyday in flower (this is by hand, wand/pump - with irrigation I would do every 12 hours, for about 1 minute. I will keep you posted on new irri. setup, as it will be quite different. ie. more flow

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Hi sorry for the late reply.

- I use drip clean throughout, a tad less than recommended
- I feed every other day in veg, and every other day or everyday in flower (this is by hand, wand/pump - with irrigation I would do every 12 hours, for about 1 minute. I will keep you posted on new irri. setup, as it will be quite different. ie. more flow
Yo ru running in straight coco?

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

I got some coco I plan on using and I love the info in seeing right now.. I have the advanced nutrients 3 part do I can just use 6-9 like the gh micro-bloom right?

After my run with coco if all goes well I might just stop using soil and deal with coo.

F

fuzzy

You can amend with perlite or hydroton.If thats what your asking.about 50/50 perlite or a little less with hydroton.peace,fuzzy

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

You can amend with perlite or hydroton.If thats what your asking.about 50/50 perlite or a little less with hydroton.peace,fuzzy
Yeah it is fuzzy, good lookin out. Im planning on running chow using hydroton im just trying to figure out how many times I should feed when using chow.

J

Jalisco Kid

Right on thats for the advice. Can you specify what you mean by do not flush with water, I know that might come off as a stupid question, but do you mean use clearex or something? Also how are you amending you're coco? I also run everything by ppms, generally how much are you incresing you're nutes by each week?
If you flush with just water your plants will try to equalize both sides so you will be removing prepped nutes from your plants,causing an chem imbalance which does slightly stress your plants. I know some will say they flush with water and their plants are nice an green,but have they done side by sides? I flush somewhere around 250 ppms of what I am running at the time. JK
Flushing with a clearex type product will restrict your plants uptake,while all we are going after is to somewhat balance the ppm in the root zone.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Thanks Jalisco for clarifying that for me. I assume that not flushing with just water does not effect the flavor when its all said and done?

H

hogan400

Dozen ways to skin a cat GK22, Listen to jaliso and go clean. Stop all the additives and high price recommendations... learn to read npk and elemental formulas on the back. Then remember these guys are trying to make loot, and fudge numbers sometimes with inferior products when salt suppliers run out... on occasion....

That being said, lol

simple one or two part veg/bloom, Cheap ones can be excellent too...
a micro,
epsom salts, Costco has them cheap in 6lb boxes
quality booster. I use cch2o booster in all growing medias. Cleeeen and boosts! (not cheap)
brew a proper tea once a week.

Lastly, a quality non cal-mag product "only" if necessary when dealing with calcium whores... Ive had "bad" botanicare cal-mag several times now. Calimagic or magicali are solid.

Heres a kicker most novice growers will disagree with. Calcium isnt needed in excess like most people think for coco. Most grower foods have it in excess already, plus we are stacking in micro too, then tea also has a small amt. AND tap water has it, if not using r.o...

I use r.o water and still never add any cal-mag products. What happens is, coco attracts calcium and binds it to the media if you aren't watering PROPERLY... .

knowledge is 2lbs+ per light. Ya dig....

Amber

Amber

Although I have run both with perlite and hydroton mixes and not had bad results I feel that the pure Canna coco runs have been best. I have ran several nutrient lines along the way and had what I would call pretty comparable results with them all. What I noticed is, I have seen a small decrease in yield with house and garden. I liked the quality of the finished product from running the Canna line (boost included, its spendy but I would not omit it personally) Overall although im probably going to be torn apart by haters for say it, I have seen the best overall results using Advanced Nutrients and my best results have been using the AN line up with Yellow bottles additives I think they have a superior seaweed but the additives that I believe make the big difference is the Phat and Ooze. One thing about coco that I have not seen anyone mention that I noticed to make a big difference is to let it dry out a bit. I would not water everyday ever unless they are just root bound and I'm slackin on getting them transplanted. I think hand watering is best every other day no more through flower. You can tell from the root-balls when all is said and done they should be as fuzzy white the day after you finish flower as the day you began. I doubt most will agree with me but here are a couple pics of 2+ per using AN the not coco safe Connoisseur with the rest of the AN line Master level light feeding and the Yellow Bottle Additives.
DSC00669
DSC00648
pure Canna coco in i think either 7 or 10 gal smart pots

Latest posts

Top Bottom