Help With Og Bio Brew (formerly Cap's Bennie Tea) And Math

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You've given a number of suggestions about LPM for pumps, from the above zero on up to 80 at the website... 'sup with that? I have a 5 gallon water-bottle vortex-brewer I made, and I wanted to use that along with a 20LPM pump (GH Dual Diaphragm) because it's so quite... would that work?

Actually, I think I have three of those air pumps, so I could use more than one, though I was hoping to package them with some other equipment I'm getting rid of. :/

Yes that should work fine.

N

nightmarecreature

So I started this thread with the intent of asking for help, but as I started to spell out what I needed help with, I was able to figure out what I needed help with, she here goes. . .

I've been using OG Biowar products (formerly Cap's Bennies) for a few runs now with great success. The only problem is that I've been WAY overusing them. It doesn't hurt the plants at all, but it definitely hurts my wallet (sorry Cap, I know it helps yours!).

The OG Bio Brew recipe listed here: http://ogbiowar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BIO-BREW3.pdf is for 4 gallons of brew which inoculates 320 gallon of water (at a rate of 1 cup of brew to 5 gallons of water). That's WAY more than I need, typically 10 gallons of water is the amount I need to inoculate.

So it would seem to me that if the stated recipe inoculates 320 gallons, and I need to inoculate 10 gallons (which in theory requires 2 cups of brew). I can cut everything by 1/32 correct?

If my deduction is correct, here's the OG Biowar Recipe for us regular guys who may only need to inoculate 10 gallons at a time.

2 cups of water
2 ml hibrix or molasses
3/8 tsp OG Biowar Foliar & Root
1.5-3 tsps of worm castings

During veg as an added vitality boost use 1.5-3 tsps alfalfa meal.

I guess my question at this point is how the fuck do I bubble 2 cups of brew? Can I just mix this amount with a gallon or two of filtered water and still dilute it with the remaining 8-9 gallons. Will it brew properly if it starts at such a strong dilution rate?

Thanks, farm.

outwest

I know this thread is old but I had to do my own math, so I thought I would just post this here.

1/2 gallon = 8 cups/40 gallons
1 1/2 Teaspoons of each pack
12.5ml Molasses
1/8 cup or 2 Tablespoons Earth Worm Castings

1/4 gallon or 946 milliliters = 4 cups/20 gallons
3/4 Teaspoons of each pack
6.25ml Molasses
1 Tablespoon Earth Worm Castings

1/8 or 473 milliliters = 2 cups/10 gallons
3/8 Teaspoon or 1/4 Teaspoon + 1/8 Teaspoon of each pack
3.1ml Molasses
1 1/2 Teaspoons or 1/2 Tablespoon Earth Worm Castings

R

Randog3

I know this thread is old but I had to do my own math, so I thought I would just post this here.

1/2 gallon = 8 cups/40 gallons
1 1/2 Teaspoons of each pack
12.5ml Molasses
1/8 cup or 2 Tablespoons Earth Worm Castings

1/4 gallon or 946 milliliters = 4 cups/20 gallons
3/4 Teaspoons of each pack
6.25ml Molasses
1 Tablespoon Earth Worm Castings

1/8 or 473 milliliters = 2 cups/10 gallons
3/8 Teaspoon or 1/4 Teaspoon + 1/8 Teaspoon of each pack
3.1ml Molasses
1 1/2 Teaspoons or 1/2 Tablespoon Earth Worm Castings

R

Randog3

Just got my of biowar pack in the mail and reading the application rate.

So in order to mix up a batch of 350 gallons I need to add roughly 1400 grams of this stuff plus 7000 grams of root pack? Am I doing my math completely wrong or do I need to order pallets of this stuff to run it properly in a commercial set up? I'm mixing it into dechlorinated water and then dong a root drench 20 gal coco pots.

cannabeans

cannabeans

All you guys and your "math"... Hurts my brain.
Smoke a doobie... Throw a little in here.. and a little of this in there... and VOILA...
Its organic. It works!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Just got my of biowar pack in the mail and reading the application rate. View attachment 570256
So in order to mix up a batch of 350 gallons I need to add roughly 1400 grams of this stuff plus 7000 grams of root pack? Am I doing my math completely wrong or do I need to order pallets of this stuff to run it properly in a commercial set up? I'm mixing it into dechlorinated water and then dong a root drench 20 gal coco pots.

those instructions aren't the best, they tell you how much to mix into water but not how much to apply to the plant.

I use about 1/4-1/2 cup in a 50 gallon tea brew and add that to 150 gal of water. if things are really bad I add another 1/2 cup to the 200gal mix.

A little goes a long way, the more you use the better the results. You could use that whole kilo in a 30 light room of you wanted, I use about 1/4 of it for 100 lights at a time.

R

Randog3

those instructions aren't the best, they tell you how much to mix into water but not how much to apply to the plant.

I use about 1/4-1/2 cup in a 50 gallon tea brew and add that to 150 gal of water. if things are really bad I add another 1/2 cup to the 200gal mix.

A little goes a long way, the more you use the better the results. You could use that whole kilo in a 30 light room of you wanted, I use about 1/4 of it for 100 lights at a time.

Makes me feel a lot better. I used everything I had and equally dispersed it. If I see positive results in a week I'll buy more. Otherwise I can't afford it.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Makes me feel a lot better. I used everything I had and equally dispersed it. If I see positive results in a week I'll buy more. Otherwise I can't afford it.

@We Solidarity is correct. If the soil is already moist you can just water a little full concentrate in to the top soil and be good to go, especially with the nute and root packs. Also, Nute pack only needs to be used a couple of times in veg. I'll dunk rooted cuts in full strength root and nute, and then 2x a month in veg I'll drop a kilo of root, nute and foliar. I go through about a bucket of root and foliar per month per 100 lights in flower. Retail cost would be like 3k a month to do this, but at those quantities OG BIOWAR will hook up wholesale so you would be looking at like 1500 a month give or take per 100 lights.

R

Randog3

@We Solidarity is correct. If the soil is already moist you can just water a little full concentrate in to the top soil and be good to go, especially with the nute and root packs. Also, Nute pack only needs to be used a couple of times in veg. I'll dunk rooted cuts in full strength root and nute, and then 2x a month in veg I'll drop a kilo of root, nute and foliar. I go through about a bucket of root and foliar per month per 100 lights in flower. Retail cost would be like 3k a month to do this, but at those quantities OG BIOWAR will hook up wholesale so you would be looking at like 1500 a month give or take per 100 lights.

Still not easy to break that off every month until I see the results. I'm hoping they work out because they would save me heaps of money on other products. can I negotiate those terms on the website?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Randog3 how many lights are you running?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Randog3 there is always the "farmer" code. Use that at checkout and you will be getting the hook up. If you have that many lights it shouldn't break the bank.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I know theres a few small gardens out here that would like to know how much you would use of foliar and root pack to make up JUST 4 gallons of tea to feed the girls a root drench every 7 to 10 days? No resivoir just 4 gallons. @Capulator

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I know theres a few small gardens out here that would like to know how much you would use of foliar and root pack to make up JUST 4 gallons of tea to feed the girls a root drench every 7 to 10 days? No resivoir just 4 gallons. @Capulator

You are better off just using it full strength no tea, 1 tablespoon per gallon for drain to waste once every 10 days or so, or 1/3 tsp per gallon in the res for recirculating systems that are watered multiple times a day. If you want to make a compost tea its' one gallon of tea per 10 gallons nutrient solution for drain to waste, and 1 gallon per 100 gallons nutes for recirculating systems.

You can get away with a 4oz pack once a month. 60 grams of each watered in twice a month. a full cycle at that rate rate would cost you about a hundred bucks with the farmer discount. If you are only using 4 gallons to water you can actually probably get away with a gallon to inoculate everything if you water in the Biowar when the soil is still moist. Just give each plant a splash. The only time you need to water to runoff is if you are fighting RA o other soil borne bullshit.

B

bedo

You are better off just using it full strength no tea, 1 tablespoon per gallon for drain to waste once every 10 days or so, or 1/3 tsp per gallon in the res for recirculating systems that are watered multiple times a day. If you want to make a compost tea its' one gallon of tea per 10 gallons nutrient solution for drain to waste, and 1 gallon per 100 gallons nutes for recirculating systems.

Hey Cap,

Do you feel that advice for 1/3 tsp per gallon applies for ebb and flow buckets using a 55 gal rez or the tea for best result? When in the cycle should it be discontinued?
How about when to use or not vegging using ebb and flow as well?

I purchased your root pack only per your suggestion to avoid nute pack in a hydro environment.

Thank you!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey Cap,

Do you feel that advice for 1/3 tsp per gallon applies for ebb and flow buckets using a 55 gal rez or the tea for best result? When in the cycle should it be discontinued?
How about when to use or not vegging using ebb and flow as well?

I purchased your root pack only per your suggestion to avoid nute pack in a hydro environment.

Thank you!

Yeah use it once a week through week 6. Change your res weekly, and add it in after you have pH'd and added all your nutes and additives. Top off and pH through the week as usual. You will go through about a kilo for a whole run, so about a hundred bucks worth with the farmer coupon code.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh yeah @bedo, when you mix it mix all your nutes and pH... then take a gallon out with a pitcher, and add the OG Biowar to it. Mix the hell out of it to break up all the clumps, then let it settle for 10-15 minutes and pour it slowly back in to the res. If you use a clear pitcher you can see when the talc is all settled on the bottom. Just pour it off slow. If you get talc in yoru res don't stress it won't hurt anything.

Be sure to keep a recirculating pump going 24/7 for O2.

S

sirstonealot

Oh yeah @bedo, when you mix it mix all your nutes and pH... then take a gallon out with a pitcher, and add the OG Biowar to it. Mix the hell out of it to break up all the clumps, then let it settle for 10-15 minutes and pour it slowly back in to the res. If you use a clear pitcher you can see when the talc is all settled on the bottom. Just pour it off slow. If you get talc in yoru res don't stress it won't hurt anything.

Be sure to keep a recirculating pump going 24/7 for O2.

@Capulator

What is the ideal Ph & Temp for the bennies to thrive?

Can you feed the microbes with humbolt honey once the culture is thriving?

Are you the maker of biowar?

Do you have a uk based distributor yet?

Peace

S.S

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@sirstonealot

room temp and neutral pH
I don't know what humboldt honey is... IS is a sugar/carb product? If so then yes.
I do not make it personally is is sourced from several labs and mixed and packaged by me.
Not yet but working on it.

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

I just used the tea recipe and mixed 2 gals of tea to 20 gals of general hydro lucas formula and did not see favorable results (twisting leaves). Growing in botanicare aeration mix 2gal smart pots. I seen good results from mixing mykos in the media before transplant so i know it doesn't kill the bacteria like ppl might claim. Is this product useable with general hydro nutrients eve tried it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom