Help with semi Trailer/Reefer trailer grow

• Thread starter Growitupca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growitupca

Growitupca

Looking for advice on concept grow in a semi trailer/ reefer trailer. Simple soil flood drain on roofing panels for simple drainage into plumbing. Ideally wanting to keep off the grid so wanting to do led lighting with circ fans possibly reefer trailer (insulated) with solar on top into battery bank for power??? Maybe. Mini split? Or maybe a reefer can keep temps in check? Anyone with experience? Comments suggestions? Or other option is to replace roof with sky lighting and vent grow with natural lighting in season.

If can pull off indoor sealed room would be more ideal (perpetual) in a reefer trailer. Panels on top for power?? I dunno think it would work?

Any ideas suggestions on lighting power needs etc are appreciated

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Looking for advice on concept grow in a semi trailer/ reefer trailer. Simple soil flood drain on roofing panels for simple drainage into plumbing. Ideally wanting to keep off the grid so wanting to do led lighting with circ fans possibly reefer trailer (insulated) with solar on top into battery bank for power??? Maybe. Mini split? Or maybe a reefer can keep temps in check? Anyone with experience? Comments suggestions? Or other option is to replace roof with sky lighting and vent grow with natural lighting in season.

If can pull off indoor sealed room would be more ideal (perpetual) in a reefer trailer. Panels on top for power?? I dunno think it would work?

Nope but I fucking love this idea...gonna watch this develop

R

redshift75

yes lots of growers in off the grid shipping container grows. Is companies in cali and oregon that will literally drop them off turn key. But your hardest thing with off the grid is going to be keeping the batteries charged. So even if you did line the roof with panels. odds are you wont be able to match your draw. which you can supplement with a generator. But thats why in some places generators run all the time. Cause they forego banks and just go straight draw. Sky is the limit. You can do anything if your budget and time allows it.

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

Replace the top w a new fan dangled poly film. Paint the walls white and blow it up. You may need supplemental lighting but the sun will do a lot of the job. Mini splits can be installed by a child w a fisherprice tool set. Pan comido amigo.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Built LOT'S of 40 and 20 footers. Solar won't work.

Current panel output limits are around 240w per panel and that's at max sun. You'd more than likely be producing around 170w to 200w on average. In a 40 ft container if you're using it as strictly a bloom room you'd be able to hang around 12 lights depending on the type and size of LED you decided on. 2000w LED uses around 350w. You'd need 2 panels for every light with the sun blasting for 18 hours. Times 12 would make it 24 panels just to power the lights and you'd probably need 30% more panels just to feed accessories and get a trickle into the battery banks.

Solar tech is advancing as I've read that they're developing new materials that improve efficiency. They're talking about improving performance by a factor of 1000. Same with battery storage. Lithium/Sulfide batteries that can store more energy for longer periods of time. Once they get there then this would be feasible but right now it's not cost effective.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter

Simple enough take truck liners and lay them at a slight angle to make a simple drainage system... I got my bed liner for 50 bucks... go to a junk yard can probably get them.for dirt cheap! Also if your thinking about temps... if you got the extra cash... get yourself a refrigerated truck! Gonna want to do some sort of cement sheet wall for like bathrooms to prevent mold build up!...

When considering solar power usage I read somewhere you need to factor 4-8 panels for 1 grow light at 1000 watts 24 hrs... but combined with refrigeration you made need to run a generator.... however!!! I crap you not! If looking for off grid and using a generator you can actually run a generator off of wood fumes/smoke.... you can easily youtube this easily and cheap!

So instead of having to buy gas and your remote enough to be off grid... you have enough trees to start chopping down for fuel for your generators!

20220727 205937
P

Pin

A reefer unit has its own power on the
Front of the trailer.
That working would be the end of all
Power issues. Providing you pour fuel in the tank. 100 gallons would go a long time, as it basically sipping fuel.
Just as an apu auxiliary power unit.
Sips fuel off the truck.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Ya I was thinking faster than typing if not using refrigerator trailer and going normal trailer... can use generators with wood as your fuel...

P

Pin

About 900hrs full blast on 100 gallons diesel. Burns .1 -.15 gallon per hr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom