Help with setting up breeding tent.

• Thread starter Kdot57
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kdot57

So hello I been working hard trying to get my clones to root before I started flooding a post with question. I’ve gotten 3 possibly 4 clones rooted in a tent that is is jerry rigged while I wait for my new equipment to be delivered as I was rushing to do this as I pushed it off and started flowering my tent and didn’t wanna try and take clones then. But in end my question are would me putting my inline fan in the tent with a filter on it but with ducting out the fan as I’m not trying to have pollen be thrown out the tent. The reason behind it would be my breeding tent is only a door away from my grow tent and I have a intake and outtake on my tent so wouldn’t want to pollinate my girls I want to get bud from.

jdog22

jdog22

darn cant these plants pollenate from 10miles away ? yours is only a door away with fans exploding the tent air into the whole room? have you finished a harvest yet with this setup ? very curious to see if you get away without the pollen making it to your girls.

good luck man :) you got this

K

Kdot57

darn cant these plants pollenate from 10miles away ? yours is only a door away with fans exploding the tent air into the whole room? have you finished a harvest yet with this setup ? very curious to see if you get away without the pollen making it to your girls.

good luck man :) you got this
I haven’t pollinated them yet but no it has a little fan in the tent blowing indirect air to just keep a breeze and I haven’t sprayed with sts so no pollen yet. But have I finished a grow this way? No I haven’t just putting this together beginning of month my grow is well into flower now.

jdog22

jdog22

oh so you have your feminzed pollen in a bag for them already ?

hmm im not sure, just thinking if you have a in fan to bring air into the tent, there has to be old air escaping or it would blow up like a balloon, the old air will carry the pollen particles. having a exhaust fan just pulls the air out alot quicker.

K

Kdot57

oh so you have your feminzed pollen in a bag for them already ?

hmm im not sure, just thinking if you have a in fan to bring air into the tent, there has to be old air escaping or it would blow up like a balloon, the old air will carry the pollen particles. having a exhaust fan just pulls the air out alot quicker.
No just have the clones that I’m just waiting to use the sts on no pollen anywhere atm just all females currently. But I figured the air would escape so now let’s say I just duct all the air out the house thru a window?

K

Kdot57

if you dont allow the air to excape youll have bad air not being transfered.
What if I just push all the air out the tent out the house through a window near by? As I live in a wooded area about 15 miles away from nearest town so I wouldn’t pollinate anyone with outdoor plants.

jdog22

jdog22

you might getaway with that i would think you need a very very strong exhaust fan to do a whole room

K

Kdot57

you might getaway with that i would think you need a very very strong exhaust fan to do a whole room
they aren’t in a open room they are in a tent my bad I meant by a door away as a tent in a whole separate room that has all my breeding stuff in it.

jdog22

jdog22

anything could happen man pretty hard question to answer, lets say the pollen all goes out the window how you want it, but travels way less for the wind to bring it back to the front door. pollen is made to spred and the girls are made to catch. life always finds a way

jdog22

jdog22

they aren’t in a open room they are in a tent my bad I meant by a door away as a tent in a whole separate room that has all my breeding stuff in it.
there is bound to be some air making it out with pollen into the room and transfering it to the next room is as simple as walking it in, i dont know if it can get through the small zipper holes, or much about how keep males around when you have females. but im curious now too so hopefully someone can answer your question here :)

K

Kdot57

there is bound to be some air making it out with pollen into the room and transfering it to the next room is as simple as walking it in, i dont know if it can get through the small zipper holes, or much about how keep males around when you have females. but im curious now too so hopefully someone can answer your question here :)
Yeah I understand the pollen is easily traveled through the air but my idea is to keep the tent in the far corner with and exhaust going out the window from the tent to push everything out there and hope for the best.

jdog22

jdog22

whats a couple months, just to find out :) if you have fem pollen, worst case senario you end up with 1000 fem seeds :P and your next 100grows are sorted haha i want to do what youre doing also im aussuming crossing strains and feminizing

K

Kdot57

whats a couple months, just to find out :) if you have fem pollen, worst case senario you end up with 1000 fem seeds :P and your next 100grows are sorted haha i want to do what youre doing also im aussuming crossing strains and feminizing
Yeah I just want to try and minimize prices for my habit. So growing for me buying it and now learning to cross strains and feminizing strains to cut my cost of seeds down cause come on 100$ for 5 seeds is ridiculous unless you can 100% guarantee my plant will look like the cover pictures they use to advertise them. While I also have plans to get a cultivar license and push my own strains out to the market as my areas weed is getting trash and pricey.

jdog22

jdog22

thats it mate!! try living in aus, nothing gets passed customs so not only is it 100$ for 5 seeds but you may not even get your seeds and youll lose something in the end.

i dont really know where to look for a aus seed bank or even if one exist. so many fails getting them so far.

but yes once you get ahold of some good seeds clone the fk out of the seeds haha

Top Bottom